Pony Ride ?

TarheelPrincess

Mouseketeer
My 3yo DD likes the short pony rides at the zoo. I heard that FW offers pony rides. We are staying at AKL, but would like to check out FW and do the campfire program. I'm wondering what time pony rides are available and how much they cost? Also, I'd love any other suggestions for a 3yo at FW.

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Here's some info on the pony rides. They are located just past the Trail's End Restaurant so if you take the boat from MK, CR or WL you can get off right at the marina.
Pony Rides are available from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM for children ages 2 – 8, weighing less than 80 pounds (Darn, that leaves me out) I also found info that stated rides are about $3 which seems rather reasonable so I hope that info is correct.
Enjoy.

To add on to the answer:

you the parent will have to lead the pony on the walk inside the corral. Don't worry, the pony knows where he's going. It takes about 2 minutes but it's fun.

Bama ED

My toddler loves a pony ride, too. My friend told me that a ride costs about $3. It's pretty affordable for me considering the joy it could give to my little tyke.

You've already gotten good information on the pony rides, although I'm pretty sure the price has gone up to $4. As to other things at FW - when my kids were younger, they liked to play on the beach, go into the horse stable next to the petting zoo and look at the big horses, and wander around the settlement area. One of their favorite things was looking for lizards - they always had good luck by the horse stables at the Outpost, and these days there are tons of them in the cleared areas behind the various loops. They have carriage rides in the evening. You could rent a Sea Raycer and take the little one for a spin on the lake. Or you could hop the boat to the Wilderness Lodge just for fun - I don't think AKL has boat transportation, so that would be different. At WL I think you can rent surreys - I've seen them on the path between FW and WL. And of course there's the campfire program and movie.

One more suggestion to add- there is a nice playground right by the marina at the Fort. A toddler would have fun playing on that for a while. This is the only place at the Fort that still has swings.

TCD

Hey, We were watching the videos of the kids riding the ponies this past spring! One of the best experiences they say they had! The ponies are darling and the lady running it was really sweet! All I can say, is make sure to bring the video camera!

Have a good time!
MB:cool1:

We just rode the pony 4 days ago!! My husband lead the pony while my daughter rode. She was right at the weight limit but they let her ride one last time. It was $7.00 and well worth it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter