Polynesian resort pre-trip obsessions / rituals

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
So im booked for my first trip to the world,staying at the polynesian and i find myself so excited /obsessed ive done a few things that others dont understand (but i know you guys will) :
- Playing polynesian / hawaiian music in the shower/car
- Background picture on my phone is the volcano pool overlooking the castle
- randomly talking about the trip with anyone in the middle of other topics of conversation
- going over in my head/on paper of my daily plan over and over

What are your pre-trip rituals/obsessions?

Oh we understand!

We.....
...play Hawaiiian/Polynesian music on a radio station we found on our AppleTV
...drink out of the Polynesian tiki glasses we bought back in the early 90's
...burn Glade Hawaiian Breeze candles (not exactly the Poly, but ya get the idea)
...think/talk about the trip endlessly too!

Can't wait to be back at the Poly in 24 days!!!

So glad to know I am not the only one!! I have been driving my coworkers crazy with talking about the trip non stop and announcing my countdown days left.

I too have been playing my Hawaiian music in the house and car, and
have been scrapbooking hawaiian themed pages for my photo albums, complete with making luau girls /paper dolls to go on the pages!!

Oh how lucky your are! I love the Poly, you will not be disappointed. While I am not staying at the Poly for my Nov. trip, I am still obsessing way to much. It is all I can think about. Just the feeling of being at the "World", there is notheing like it. I have the cd with all the theme park music that I play in my car. I am on the dis reading food and trip reports and looking at pictures way too much. I love making lists, there are so many lists! One for all the places where we want to eat and the snacks that can't be missed, one for the rides we want to go on, my packing list, list of things to cary in my bag to the park. Every time I go to the store I pick up some small item to put in my "get ready for WDW box". Last night at Walmart it was travel size wet wipes and a new nail polish color for pre trip mani/pedis. Just very small items can bring so much excitement. All the preparation and planning turns my 4 day long trip into a 2 month long vacation. My friends just don't get it, they all think I am crazy.

Oh Man - we are 23 days, just 3 week and COUNTING!!! Oh lists, the dis board surfing, the dinning ressy, daily touring plans, keeping current updates to times of parks opening closeing. Now I need to pick the day for MMNSSHP - Ahhhhhhh 230 of Disney Magic Love.

Mashsmellows & Sticks - Polly fire 1st aid kit - Bandaid/Blister/Fever/Cough
laundry soap/dryer sheets Sunscreen
glow sticks Hand Warmers
Coloring books flight Golf Clubs
Allergy Med
Socks/Underware Pain Med
Pants -2 jeans backpack
Shorts - 2 Camera - Small / SD cards
PJs sunglasses
5ts short
2 long sleeve
Rain Jackets 1
Fleece
sweat shirt
hat - Winter
Hat - Golf
Swim Suits - Towels HOTEL
Shoes - Tennis/Sandal/crocs
Costumes

Each line is Day
Flight PM - Art of Animation - Faml Suite
PK 1 MK -AM Aft / Epcot Even
PK 2 AK / Disney Quest PM
PK 3 HS
PK 4 mk
Move to Poly Club - Off Day
PK 5 mk AM/Nap Dinner/MK EMH
sleep in - Parents Day -
Park 6 MK AM / Epcot afternoon/pm
Park 7 MK AM / PM?
prk 8 Flight 4:25p

So im booked for my first trip to the world,staying at the polynesian and i find myself so excited /obsessed ive done a few things that others dont understand (but i know you guys will) :
- Playing polynesian / hawaiian music in the shower/car
- Background picture on my phone is the volcano pool overlooking the castle
- randomly talking about the trip with anyone in the middle of other topics of conversation
- going over in my head/on paper of my daily plan over and over

What are your pre-trip rituals/obsessions?

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this. Also playing all Disney music along with all you listed above.

37 Days and counting down till we will be back at the Poly! :) This will be our 6th stay there... OP, you will not be disappointed! Have an awesome time! :)

13 days until my first stay at the Poly! I am just looking forward to Tambu Lounge right after check-in!

Haha This was posted last year before my december 2012 trip, i had an AMAZING time! The poly actually converted my family to disney obsessors like me.
As soon as we got to the poly we were walking through the pool to go to our rooms right when christmas wishes started, my family was in awe. We just sat at the beach and realised this would be a trip of a lifetime.

Ive started all those pre rituals again hoping to go this year december as well.

65 days, today I packed the Disney suitcase with all of our pins, lanyards, hats, bags, etc. Check in is next Friday. After that is is Hawaiin music all the way until we get on the plane!

It's been a long time since I've stayed at Poly, but I have a few nights booked around July 4th that I'm looking forward to. I tend to book either CR or WL when I stay in the MK area, but thought I would mix it up a little since this will be a resort intensive trip (probably no parks at all). I'm really looking forward to the change.

We too play the music at home, but I have the actual background music loops that are played at the Poly (or at least were played the last time we visited).

Gotta love the Poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter