• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Luau or MNSSHP?

kaysmommie

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Poly for a week in October. With 2 small children there is so much to do. Ds will be 2 and DD will be 6. I want to do at least one special thing on this trip. What would decide between The Spirit of Aloha and MNSSHP. We are spending alot staying at Poly so I must pick one. MNSSHP is gooing on 3 nights during our trip, my dd loves Halloween but not the rest of us. We figured we would go becuase it might be fun. Our DS usually goes to sleep around 8pm and I wouldn't be able to stay much later then 9 or 10 pm. Spirit of Aloha looks fun for adults, but we don't know if it is worth because we don't really drink. (might have one if we went) I don't know which is more fun. Most people love MNSSHP but the Luau seems to have mixed reviews. Any suggestions???

Never been to the Luau, but have read the mixed reviews you're referring to. Did do MNSSHP last year and loved it so much we are planning it again this year. I vote for the Halloween party, especailly since you are staying at the Poly. You'll be in the whole Hawian atmosphere all week as it is and I would just think you'd get more bang for your buck doing the party.

kaysmommie..........I responded to your other thread. Let me add here that we have also done MNSSHP and we will definately be going back. It is so much fun. I will NEVER go back to Spirit of Aloha!!! 'nuff said.

We went to the MNSSHP last year and loved it so much we're going again this year. I vote for the halloween party! :banana: pirate: :stir:

We have never done the Halloween Party but we have done the "Spirit of Aloha" and I would say with two children the age of yours I would either do the HP or try the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue or Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Q, both of which are at Fort Wilderness. My son first saw SOA when he was 10 and it was so so, but we went back when he was 14 and did the HDDR the same year and he preferred the HDDR. I have never done the Bar-B-Q but it is less expensive and it really looks like fun.

Without a doubt..
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!!!
It is probably the thing we like to do most @ Walt Disney World, do not miss it! Your kids at that age (any age really) will love, love, love it. Not to be missed!!!

Definitely MNSSHP. DD7 has been three times (at 3, 5, and 7). I've also taken her to the Luau when she was 5. She did enjoy it, especially the part where they brought the kids up to teach them to dance. However, I've been the the Luau 2 times before having my daughter and it's changed so much. The old Luau was great but I have no desire to do the Spirit of Aloha again.

We love MNSSHP and wouldn't miss it for anything. This past October was one of the best. Someone took our park stroller along with our trick or treat bag (there was no candy in it yet) while we were on Pooh and when one of the cast members passing out candy found out, they got her a new bag and filled it up with candy. She thought that was "awesome".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter