Polynesian 2014 - Good or bad idea?

sonofanarchy

DIS Veteran
So it looks like all the longhouses should be completed this year. However, with the start of DVC and renovations to the GCH along with the possible new pool, does it seem like 2014 will be a construction zone at the Poly?

We're wondering the same thing. Our trip would be mid-September 2014, before our cruise on the Disney Fantasy.

The Polynesian is our "home away from home" at WDW and we haven't stayed at any other resort for several years now.

Having said that, I'd rather choose a different resort than experience construction at the Polynesian. I know that Disney is excellent at causing the least amount of distraction and noise during resort rehabs, but with the whole DVC thing, I think it might be more than the usual rehab noise/construction going on.

We are considering some of the other deluxe resorts, maybe one that we haven't tried yet, as an alternative. :scratchin

I was there once during construction. It did take away from the magic for us.

When you are paying that kind of money for a room, you don't want to hear construction or see walls around some areas of the resort.

We are planning on going May 2014. I will stay at another resort if there will be construction going on. That's just my preference.

When you book do they let you know there is construction going on? If you dont come on these boards and didnt know and showed up I can imagine people being very cranky.

No answers here but feel your concern. I asked CM when I booked the Poly for this August if there was Reno/construction. He said he would put a note to have our room away from the ongoing refurb. I too am thinking of moving to another MK resort just in case...

I'm wondering this as well. I REALLY want to stay at the Poly CL for my next solo trip that I was planning for next spring, but I won't stay during construction, especially if the pool will be closed. No way would I spend that much $$$ to stay in a construction zone. It would definitely take away from my trip. I'm considering WL as an alternative, but I'm going to wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter