Poly vs BC

boscov

Mouseketeer
With the news on Tikiman's site and several posts on here that the Poly is due for a renovaton soon, does the BC feel a little more upscale than Poly these days? I was just looking at picture and BC and YC look quite nice with their new beds and furniture, while Poly is looking a bit drab. Am I off base here or is there something to this? While I love the Poly theme and location, does BC come through in a lot of other areas that Poly is lacking until the reno?

With the news on Tikiman's site and several posts on here that the Poly is due for a renovaton soon, does the BC feel a little more upscale than Poly these days? I was just looking at picture and BC and YC look quite nice with their new beds and furniture, while Poly is looking a bit drab. Am I off base here or is there something to this? While I love the Poly theme and location, does BC come through in a lot of other areas that Poly is lacking until the reno?

I was at Poly end of October. A reno would be great but not a deal breaker. The BC reno looks great from the photos. I don't feel like the Poly is lacking anything. It is the same resort I know and love. I have never stayed at the BC--only BWI. I like the laid back and tropical theming of Poly and being close to MK and nightly Wishes from resort, etc. We are going back to Poly in July. If the reno is done by then, great. If not, I don't feel that it would be lacking. JMO.:goodvibes

I love BC/YC much more than Poly. I hated not having the lobby connected to the hotel and thought yes the room was bigger than the ones at BC/YC but like you said not as nice, clean etc

I agree with tinkermommyof3 and I don't think the Poly is lacking anything either. We have stayed at both the BC and Poly and although the new BC rooms look very nice, we still love the Poly more. We love the tropical atmosphere, the larger rooms, being close to MK, and having alot of dining options. The BC is a great resort, but IMO, it doesn't feel more upscale than the Poly.

I agree with tinkermommyof3 and I don't think the Poly is lacking anything either. We have stayed at both the BC and Poly and although the new BC rooms look very nice, we still love the Poly more. We love the tropical atmosphere, the larger rooms, being close to MK, and having alot of dining options. The BC is a great resort, but IMO, it doesn't feel more upscale than the Poly.

My feelings exactly....I love the Poly and definetly the large rooms and close to MK are some great points...:thumbsup2

The good news is that both Poly and BC are excellent choices! BC is my favorite resort and Poly is second. OP asked whether the BC rooms are more upscale, and I'd say definitely yes. The location is wonderful (love walking to two parks, especially with monorail breakdowns), the pool is amazing and the rooms are quite nice for a Disney deluxe. We far prefer the white down comforters at BC to the bedspread-type things they still have at Poly and AKL. And I prefer walking to the monorail - in part because I like to walk and in part because monorail service was spotty during our CR stay a couple months ago. We usually spend a day in one of the parks, take a break in the afternoon and then have a dinner ADR in Epcot or the Epcot resort area, making BC an ideal choice.

But we also love Poly, and will return for a split Poly/BWI stay next month. We like to spend part of our trip in the MK area, and Poly is at the top of our MK-area list. The theming is great, the rooms are huge and Captain Cook's is (in our opinion) the best resort CS around. If also love the easy access to MK by monorail (if it's working properly!) and direct to Ecpot from TTC. And Poly is just fun all around. In some cases, I'll recommend Poly over BC - for families with very small children, families who will rely on resort CS a ton and families visiting for the first time and planning to spend lots of time at MK, for example.

Either way, you'll make a great choice!

The BC was recently renovated? We stayed there in Aug, club level, they must have forgotten our room. Everything was worn out or stained. It has been 4+ years since we stayed at the Poly but we would chose that hands down to the BC. BC left a very sour taste in our mouth tho, terrible CL check in service, no real CS (I know in the gift shop but it did not have many choices) and just not our thing. We did love the pool and short walk to Epcot. Not sure if we would ever stay at BC again.

It's been a few years since the last BC renovation, mana'olana, but our experiences with the room condition there (both CL and non-CL) have been very different from yours. Really sorry to hear about the condition of your room. Here are a few photos from our most recent BC stay (October of this year.)

DSCN8499_zpsc1646676.jpg

DSCN8498_zps8a2a09f6.jpg

DSCN8502_zps19e2f890.jpg

DSCN8501_zpse31cdc17.jpg

DSCN8509_zps0fca6ec7.jpg

That looks like our room, just the stains everywhere and such, shocks me that it was recently renovated. I have a few friends that really like the BC (one is now an AKL convert tho) so I'm sure we'll try it again, especially during the half marathon races and food/wine festival. But Poly is still our fav.

It's been a few years since the last BC renovation, mana'olana, but our experiences with the room condition there (both CL and non-CL) have been very different from yours. Really sorry to hear about the condition of your room. Here are a few photos from our most recent BC stay (October of this year.)

DSCN8499_zpsc1646676.jpg

DSCN8498_zps8a2a09f6.jpg

DSCN8502_zps19e2f890.jpg

DSCN8501_zpse31cdc17.jpg

DSCN8509_zps0fca6ec7.jpg

This room looks beautiful. Was this a garden view? We're booked for May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter