Poly Villas and Gym

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi. I will be staying at the Poly Villas. Where can I go to the gym? Is it correct there is not a gym at the Poly?

Thank you.

The gym is in the spa building between the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. The building was put there between the resorts to serve both, even though it's themed to Grand Floridian.

but your magic band won't work all the time - mind did not - but still the walk can be a form of exercise. going again in Sept so hoping it works then.

Interesting that the Senses Spa website indicates:

24-Hour Fitness Center
Keep fit while on vacation with select state-of-the-art fitness equipment located in the exercise center. Machines for both strength training and cardio are available to Guests of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for the ultimate work-out. Free weights and strength-training equipment are also on site for those looking to pump some iron.

Although Disney's Poly website says
Spa & Fitness
Invigorate your spirits at Senses—a Victorian-themed, full-service spa offering massages, body treatments and more.

Learn more about Senses - A Disney Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.

The gym is in the spa building between the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. The building was put there between the resorts to serve both, even though it's themed to Grand Floridian.

but your magic band won't work all the time - mind did not - but still the walk can be a form of exercise. going again in Sept so hoping it works then.

Thank you very much both of you. I guess I will ask the Poly. Spiceycat, I'll also be there in September (staying at Poly Villas and then GFVs).
I would be annoyed if I walked to GV from Poly and couldn't use the gym or if there wasn't anyone in there to open the door for me.

Thank you both.

They like to advertise it as part of the GF, but the Poly guests do have access as well. I've seen Tikiman confirm it before, I'm sure he would again, or if you call Disney. If the magicband doesn't work, that's a technical issue going on and the front desk should be called, because you are supposed to have access.

We were at the Poly in June and my husband used the gym at GF with no problems. (It is a decent walk from Pago Pago over there though)

QUOTE="js, post: 54167429, member: 6349"]Thank you very much both of you. I guess I will ask the Poly. Spiceycat, I'll also be there in September (staying at Poly Villas and then GFVs).
I would be annoyed if I walked to GV from Poly and couldn't use the gym or if there wasn't anyone in there to open the door for me.

Thank you both.[/QUOTE]

well it was Sunday morning and I was leaving later that day - it wasn't a long walk came from Moorea - will do it again.the lock at GF gym did not tke the Poly key (magic band) - and yes used the Polyn on the connection to the gym - you know I did not try the GF lock = it had both a Polyn and GF lock. there were only a few guests inside and no one came up for the 12 minutes I was there - now there were others going to the GF - maybe 3 = guess I could have gone to the front desk at GF and asked for help - buy consider the walk over there and back enough.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the gym at the GF (as of two weeks ago) had MB access for GF guests and a separate pad for Poly guests.

I now pack resistance bands, and bring p90x dvd's. Though that is a really nice gym, it's even nicer not to have to wait for equipment.

I now pack resistance bands, and bring p90x dvd's. Though that is a really nice gym, it's even nicer not to have to wait for equipment.

Ive never waited in the BW, GF or Contemp gym for any equipment. Usually, in the morning Im the only one there. Have you had to wait a lot during your stays? That stinks!!

Does the gym include the steam and sauna room access for Poly guests?

Does it include it for GF guests too? Ive never tried to gonintonhe spa after a workout. Ive been in here for treatments but never to use the showers or steam room.

Im interested in this answer too since Ill be back in a little over two weeks.

If it is like SSR, that is part of the Spa and not part of the gym. You can use the fitness equipment, but not the facilities, including the locker room and shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter