Poly to moderate...POR, PFQ or CSR?

I too have stayed at Poly several times and find I love CSR just as much. So, to each his own. I did not like the lounge at POR. I Know I am in the minority but Yeehaw Bob is not my cup of tea. I missed CSR when I was at POR. Siesta's is open til 7 for drinks. The grill closes at 6. I live on the beach so nowhere in Disney has more than a patch of sand to me but I still enjoy the large hammock and beachy area by the Cabanas section. I would check out the picture threads for whatever resort you're considering and decide for yourself.

We are Poly lovers too. this go around we are staying longer, but have to do a mod to make it work for 2/3 of the trip. after going back and forth myself, I ended up choosing CSR too. It was between POR and CSR. We will be there 7 nights with the last 4 at the Poly GVCL. I will make it a great trip.

My kids are 16, 13, and 10 when we go. The pool and slide is most important to them. The are Poly loyalists, lol. For me, it is the room and palm trees that are needed. I like the duvets and the palms. I love the southern look for POR and the fact that you can ride on the boat to DTD, but the trees just are not the palms from what I have seen.

I am looking forward to it all!

We are Poly lovers too. this go around we are staying longer, but have to do a mod to make it work for 2/3 of the trip. after going back and forth myself, I ended up choosing CSR too. It was between POR and CSR. We will be there 7 nights with the last 4 at the Poly GVCL. I will make it a great trip.

My kids are 16, 13, and 10 when we go. The pool and slide is most important to them. The ate Poly loyalists, lol. For me, it is the room and palm trees that are needed. I like the duvets and the palms. I love the southern look for POR and the fact that you can ride on the boat to DTD, but the trees just ate not the palms from what I have seen.

I am looking forward to it all!

Sounds like you have the right attitude. You will have a great time! I need that tropical feel when I'm on vacation too. The slide at CSR is awesome! We're trying AKL for the first time in
June for ten days. I am super excited.

Our family of 5 spoiled ourselves at the Poly in 2010. We are going again in September for 10 days with my parents, and will need to stay Moderate this time. I am torn between POR, PFQ and CSR. Our kids will be 5, 7 and 9. We are willing to pay for preferred buildings, if needed. We want a family friendly place to have a couple cocktails at the end of a busy day. We really loved the pool bar at the Poly because the kids could play in the sand while we relaxed at the end of the day. We are also concerned about the bus service- which is why we are willing to pay for preferred. Food court is not important, since we will be doing a dining plan. It will be at least 2 years before we go again, at which time it will only be the 5 of us, and we will probably stay at an Epcot deluxe. Based on our wants...what would you suggest?

We stayed at Poly on our first trip and have stayed at POR twice since then. Staying at CSR this November for the first time. We're two adults, no kids. CBR does not appeal to me, and I don't care for POFQ. It's small size makes it feel much more crowded, especially common spaces such as the bus shelter, pool and food court. I prefer how spread out POR is.

POR's pool bar is on the small size and I don't love the main pool there. The lounge is decent however several nights a week Yee Haw Bob plays there and his show is certainly not conducive to relaxing and widing down after a long day at the parks. Think loud sing along type show. Many people rave about it but we don't like it, although outgoing kids might get a kick out of it.

CSR, from what I have seen, has a pool bar and an outdoor bar on the lake which looks nice. However, their indoor lounge is not Disney run and is a little more "upscale/night club" style. I don't believe kids are permitted, and there is a dress code.

The POFQ lounge is very small and also has entertainment during the week, and I can't picture their pool bar.

You say food courts don't matter since you are on the DDP - are you doing DxDP or do you not plan to eat at the resort at all? We found we used our QS and snack credits in our resort food court quite a bit, especially when grabbing something quick in the morning. POR has the best food court for this in my opinion.

We stayed at the Poly for a number of years before we decided that the price was cutting back our trips and we then stayed at the Coronado (CSR) nine out of our next elevent trips. We LOVE everything about it. We have never had an issue with the convention people (if you've got an issue with busines people being there then I suggest you not stay at the Contemporary, Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Beach Club or the Dolphin...all host conventions). The pool area is a huge hit with adults and kids, the playground is wonderful for kids. We like the Pepper Market a lot, but know it is not for everyone (but we also only eat one meal at our resort most trips as we are eating at other resorts or at the parks). With the exception of the rude, ignorant Pop Warner people, our last visit to CSR this past December was perfect.

That being said, if we were to stay moderate again (which won't happen for several trips as we now rent points for DVC) and the CSR were not available, the only other moderate we would give any consideration to would be POR-Riverside.

Another vote for CSR. We stayed there for the first time in January and loved it. Was not crazy about the set up of the foodcourt, but the remaining amenities made up for it. :)

I think CSR, CBR, and even POR (more or less) are all the same size- so I never understand the size concern. With that said I do think CSR and POR are more updated and less older feeling so those are the two I vote for- although I really like all the Disney moderates and am staying at CBR this time because I enjoy a change of pace.

I personally would choose between POR and CSR- just pick the theming you like better! :) Watch youtube vids, look at pics, show the grandparents, etc. You can't go wrong with either.

I'm not crazy on the POFQ theming. The little alligator statues are too cheesy to me and I've heard the pool can be considered a little kiddie to elementary aged kids.

Have a great trip!

One more thing to add- the CSR rooms blow the other mods rooms out of the water IMO! Much more deluxe feeling.

And also- I never saw one convention person when I was at CSR. I actually liked that it was a convention resort since it made the busses quiet!

Hope you enjoy the taco-bell style theme and the out of the way location. I'd recommend port orleans or swan/dolphin!!

I disagree with you on both points! CSR is actually a good choice for bus service, as it is close to the Animal Kingdom, the Disney Studios, and Epcot! Plus as a convention resort you end up with fewer people on the bus than you do at most other Disney resorts.

I've stayed at all of the moderate resorts, and I love POR too! But I would hardly call CSR taco bell! That is like saying POR is Zatarains!!!:rotfl2:

I think CSR, CBR, and even POR (more or less) are all the same size- so I never understand the size concern.

While they might be comparable in size, it's all in the layout.

CBR is laid out poorly with the property being elongated - if you are in the building at the furthest point, there's no place to walk to without making the hike to the main areas. CBR even has it's own internal bus system that solely circles the resort all day.

CSR is circular so everything is around that lake in the middle. If you're in the back, you have to go one way or the other around the lake. The good part about it is the main pool is in the back so you are at least close to one feature if you're room is back there.

POR has the river going through it which has bridges cutting across at certain points. That really cuts down on walking time. Only downside is if you are in the back of the AB section, but even then you just have to make it to a bridge. Of the three large moderates, I'd say POR has the best layout which makes it feel not as big IMO.

I like all the moderates with POFQ being my last choice because of theme. I love CBR but it is a huge resort. But you can book preferred here as well as POR and CSR. The tropical theme and pools are really nice. I also like POR and it is pretty too, but not tropical. You don't need preferred at POFQ because it's a smaller resort. A lot of people love it. After staying at the Poly I would probably go with CSR or CBR.

I've stayed at all the mods and I rank them this way:

TIER 1
CSR
POR
I love both of these resorts equally but for different reasons.

TIER 2
CBR - Really enjoyed it and would stay there again...but it's not as nice as CSR or POR

TIER 3
POFQ - The only thing that stood out to me was the boat to DTD. Everything else was just kinda "meh" to me.

We stayed at CSR this past August for 7 nts and loved it. We are also deluxe lovers and I was really concerned we may be disappointed. The rooms really do have a deluxe feel. We even stayed in the dreaded Ranchos and didn't mind at all:confused3 We had a bus stop right outside and a short walk to the pool. We only went to El Centro a handful of times, so the walk didn't matter. Now I am almost positive that the pool bar was open later than 6pm! The grill closed at 6, but I know DH was warming a seat at the bar later than that most evenings. :thumbsup2 The pool is great and the slide will satisfy even the older kids, but be warned that there is really no shallow area. Luckily my DS is a good swimmer, but if he was standing, he really had to stretch to keep his head out of the water everywhere in that massive pool. And he is tall for his age! I can see people with smaller children being disappointed in that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter