Poly - sofa beds question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by tundrarue, Oct 11, 2008.

1. tundrarue

tundrarue Earning My Ears

We are 3 adults. How comfy is the sofa beds at Poly. It looks like it folds down so you would have a crack right down the middle. Doesn't sound comfortable then. How does it fold down? and what kind of mattress?

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

Actually the matress is more against the wall when in the sofa position and you pull on a strap and flip it over so there are no seams.

It was relatively comfy but not as comfy as the wonderful beds at the Poly. I am 5' 8" and just fit on it.

4. frdeb1999

frdeb1999 DIS Veteran

My dd uses it with every stay and has never had any issue's with being uncomfortable. And she is nearly 6' tall! It's alot more comfortable then it actually looks.

5. ruzer28

ruzer28 My pug looks more like Yoda than Yoda himself.

I've stayed there twice and have had no problem with it at all. I'm 5'4, in case you're wondering. As a previous poster mentioned, the bed doesn't pull out, so there is no support bar in your back. It actually flips over right within the sofa. I find it to be almost as comfortable as a bed.

6. kirbsam

kirbsam <marquee><font color=green>Everyone at the nude be

i echo the other comments. it truly functions as a bed.

7. tundrarue

Thank you! We were all concerned and thought we might have to make a stop at Walmart for an egg crate.

8. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

Here's a picture of the bed in the folded down position. There are no seams at all in the mattress or the frame on which the mattress rests. I haven't slept in it but my 2 sons (ages 20 and 17) have, and they said it's pretty comfortable.

[​IMG]

9. tundrarue

Thanks for the picture. Looks comfy enough.