• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly rental availability 11 months out?

Tiffany38

Earning My Ears
Hello all, longtime lurker first time poster. I am planning our first WDW vacation for my family of 4, and I realize I am pre planning a bit early lol. We are planning renting dvc points from David's or their competitors. How hard would it be to book 7 nights at the Poly, end of September 2017, if I book 11 months out? Are Poly owners renting yet, or is it too new? Should I have a plan B? Thx!

The problem with renting Poly at 11 months out is that someone who is a home owner at Poly needs to be renting Poly points. Given that ~25% of Poly is sold, and most of those in the last year? Very few Home Resort points for Poly are in the rental market, either private or agency.

It's currently hard to predict the 7-month availability, especially that far out. Depends on if they declare more units to DVC and sales.

I'd definitely have a Plan B and a Plan C.

I don't have a home resort at Poly and I think there's always folks who want to rent their points out. I used someone (not davids) to sell some recent points I couldn't use and Poly was one resort used within the 7 month mark. They also are able to have no problem getting Poly from those who home resort so I'd say look around and ask when you get closer in to book window but yes have a backup just in case. Split stays can help make it happen too.

They also are able to have no problem getting Poly from those who home resort

I've heard otherwise. Demand for Poly rental far, far outstrips the home resort points available in the rental market. One of the competitors is paying more than David's for Poly points, and can't get nearly enough.

I've heard otherwise. Demand for Poly rental far, far outstrips the home resort points available in the rental market. One of the competitors is paying more than David's for Poly points, and can't get nearly enough.
I haven't heard of anyone paying more for Poly than others. I think the norm is $13/pt for any home resort in the 7-11 mo range. They seem to be able to book Poly as well as other popular ones but I think more ask for Poly at times. But they seem to always get tons of requests for all the resorts and they seem to get filled Sometimes within 20 mins.

I haven't heard of anyone paying more for Poly than others. I think the norm is $13/pt for any home resort in the 7-11 mo range. They seem to be able to book Poly as well as other popular ones but I think more ask for Poly at times. But they seem to always get tons of requests for all the resorts and they seem to get filled Sometimes within 20 mins.
There is an agency currently paying $14.50 for Poly points.

Poly at 7 seems to be a fairly easy grab outside of December.

Agree with this. Right now all of July and August 2016 are open except for 7/3 an 7/4. Also about 50% of June dates still have availability.

I wouldn't recommend dragging feet since F&W fest will begin in late September but it seems very unlikely that Poly will be totally booked before 7 months.

We'll have a better idea in another months when Sept '16 is open for 7 month reservations.

I did email on of the larger points brokers and they said that Poly was very hard to get 11 months out because people were using their points instead of renting them, and so they get a very long wait list for people wanting to rent points there. That's okay, VWL look great too!

I am booked through David's and I got the Poly Villas for October 2016. I put the request in at 10 months, waited in their queue for a poly member to give in points for 6 weeks and then got it. I think if I had done it in November, at 11 months I wouldn't have waited in the queue so it is definitely possible and worth a shot. Go for it! Good luck!

I just read the rest of your responses :). FYI the Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort, as first time visitors you will not be disappointed with it's convenience and compactness though you should know that the Villas are behind the main lodge and don't currently have much of a view (though this should change when the cabins are built). With companies like Davids you can give a second choice. If you think you really want the Poly, you have nothing to lose by trying, but know that the WLV are great too.

The availability of Poly studios at 7 month out is still developing any pattern and we need to get closer to sell-out to have an adequate sample of time to look at but lately the Poly studios have been as easy to get as studios at OKW, both of which have been filling at about the same pace for January through August 2016, thus making it highly likely that latter part of Sep will be avialable at 7 months out at least this year. Things could change for 2017 but I believe it likely you will be able to rent the time you need even at 7 months out if you cannot find a Poly owner to rent earlier.

DVC recently declared more units at the Poly so members can now book 62.88% of the resort (prior to January 25th members could only book 40%). So I think you will have a good chance at right at the 7 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter