Poly experts needed

WWC

Earning My Ears
My mom and I are staying in a standard garden view room at the Poly for six nights in June (with code CIF - saving $100 per night!), and I was hoping to get some recommendations on what building/floor we should request. My 2001 Passporter suggests Aotaeroa for its proximity to the Great Ceremonial House, good landscaping, and views of the monorail. I'm also planning on requesting a balcony room on the third floor.

I've gotten a lot of info from Passporter and Tikiman's website, but I'd really like to hear as many other thoughts and opinions as possible. Thanks!

We stayed in the Tokelau both years we stayed there. It is centrally located and quiet. It is one of the newer buildings so it has balconies on the upper floors. We stayed on the ground floor which had a small patio. We loved the Polynesian our favorite so far. We also stayed at the end of the bldg. which is closest to the beach and had a partial water view. Sory I can not remember the room #. You will love it there.......

All the buildings are nice. We like Tahiti and Tokelau. The map of the Poly is deceiving -- it looks like some of the buildings are sooooo far away from anything. In reality you are talking a 5 minute walk (in very pleasant surroudings) even with strollers and young kids.

Hi, We are also going to be staying at the POly, and I was wondering where i could find out more about this CIF code to save $100 per night...please post or email me at bluorchid2@yahoo.com...thanks!

BluOrchid2 - check mousesavers.com for all the available codes/discounts. The CIF code appears to be the best discount offered right now, even better then the AP discounts. Even though the CIF and AP discounts are basically the same, the CIF code offers free mini-golf for each member of your group.

Thank you very much for answering, and for emailing me!

I rebooked our reservations this morning using the CIF code, and our room rate went from $334 a night to $259.75. So not quite $100 a night, but still very good. We were able to add a night, and we'll be buying AP's for a total less than the Resort Magic Package we were paying for. Granted, we lose the $50 in Disney Dollars and the 1 Flex Feature per person, but that's okay. I'd rather have the AP's in hopes of going back within a year!

So thanks a lot!!!

Details on Previous Reservations, through the DC:

7 nights at the Poly, Garden View Room
Resort Magic Package which included
Ultimate Park Hopper Passes for 2 adults, 1 child
Total = $3491.79

New Reservations, using Code CIF:

8 nights at the Poly, Garden View Room - $2078
AP's for 2 Adults, 1 child w/ DC discount - $354.04 * 3 = 1062.12
Total = $3140.12

Question - Do children pay the same price for an AP as adults?

WWC,
We stayed in a third floor GV room in Aotorea on the monorail side last August. My daughter who was 10 absolutely loved watching the monorail go by. There was no noise at all from the monorail unless you were sitting on your balcony. It was a very quiet building and very close to the GCH and the volcano pool. I would stay there again. Some people like to stay on the other side of the resort in Tahiti to be close to the TTC so they can walk there to hop on the monorail to Epcot or to the MK but for my family it was more convenient to be close to the GCH. We liked walking over to refill our mugs and to be close to the food and restaurants as well as the MK monorail. Honestly, I don't think there is any longhouse at the Poly that would be bad to be in. It all depends on what you want to be close to. Welcome to the DIS!

My vote would be tahiti house.
some peaople like a house closer to the gch.
I however prefer to be closer to the ttc.

I also find tahiti to be very quiet.

what ever house you choose i dont think you can realy go wrong.

To me the Polly IS the happiest place on earth

We just returned from 5 glorious nights at the Poly. It was our first stay there and my family's favorite. We will save extra and put off our vacation until we can go back there. We've stayed at CBR and at the Contemporary. The Poly is right in the middle of everything.

We were in Tokelau, #3911. We had a partial view of the lagoon from this room. It was very quiet and it was VERY convenient to walk back from the TTC many times after riding the monorail back from Epcot.

I sent in a fax four days before my check in date and requested 3rd floor Tokelau on the GF side. We got it!

Enjoy!

We just returned from the Polynesian and loved it. We had a Garden view and stayed in the FIJI Building overlooking the marina and the back of the volcano pool. THe view was beautiful, even though we could not see the Castle, overlooking the marina was very peacuful and relaxing. We were very close to the GCH and the boat launch to MK, new pool, etc. My kids would sit on the balcony and listen to the instructions for going down the new slide. THey thought that was great.

I had stayed in Tokelou previously and while I like the location, I preferred the view in Fiji better. The walk to the TTC was only about 5 minutes and I did not mind the walk at all.

One more vote for Aotaeroa! Very biased though, it's the only building we've stayed in. Probably recently redecorated (as of June 2001), ultra clean, friendly CM's and a warm, tropical feel, surrounded by lawns and flower beds. At night you have the sounds of the Luau and you have the Luau beach to watch the fireworks. If you get a room at the west end, you can get a lagoon view for standard price. Only a 3-min walk but quite removed from the hubub of the GC house / pool area. Close to the wedding pavillion / Grand Floridian path if you want to go for a quiet walk.

When we checked in and were assigned Aotaeroa, we were a little disappointed to be in one of the outer buildings apart from the pool but we quickly began to realize that this was the perfect building for us.

Once we find something good, we stick with it. When we go back to the Polynesian, we will specifically request Aotaeroa.

Have Fun!

CanadaKid

Hi,
I just returned last night from our first Poly visit. We stayed in Tokelau room #1913. This was a first floor room with a patio view of the Grand Floridian, Wedding Pavillion, lagoon, and the castle was literally one step off the patio. It was wonderful. I faxed my request for this room four days before we left. I asked for a Tokelau room with a view of the castle if possible. I told them floor did not matter. I specifically asked for any room #911-915. I was soooo excited when I checked in. The walk to everything was quick and very peaceful. I am sold on the Poly!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter