Poly Construction?

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I am here now and see all the construction stuff outside of Poly. What is going on there?

I know GF is getting that new DVC building but I don't see anything outside of Poly that would provide any clues.

Would appreciate any answers to this! Thanks in advance.

From what I have heard they are redoing the Longhouses, update...Supposed to take almost a year....

Yes, each longhouse is getting refurbed in 2013. They should be working on the Hawaii longhouse right now. There is a complete list of what longhouse will be closed when on Tikiman's site.

Awesome! Thanks, guys!

I just told my mom that until Poly gets room updates, BWI is my favorite deluxe. Excited to see the changes!!! And king beds?! AWESOME!

Is the equipment really noticeable? They're only redoing Hawaii right now but when we go in April work is supposed to be happening on up to four longhouses.

Is the equipment really noticeable? They're only redoing Hawaii right now but when we go in April work is supposed to be happening on up to four longhouses.

I thought they were going to try and do only one longhouse at a time? I can't imagine they would close 4 longhouses at the same time...their capacity would be horrible, especially around Spring Break? That doesn't sound right. Yes, right now it's only Hawaii and from what I heard the equipment is noticeable there...you can hear some construction vehicles if you are close to that LH.

And King Beds will be an option!

Someone that just returned posted pics on the Poly thread, and in my opinion, yes, the construction is quite noticeable.

From what I have heard they are redoing the Longhouses, update...Supposed to take almost a year....
The last building to be refreshed is Rapa Nui and that begins August 13th Anderson ill be finished end of August or first week of September.
The only long houses scheduled for April are Tokelau (starting March 31) and Aotearoa April 21. The plan is for very little overlap except for Niue and Rora Tonga which start on March 3.

This is room refreshes with older buildings bathrooms being upgraded to two sinks and all work is supposed to be interior. This is not major construction by any measure. There will be some equipment around but nothing like the last refresh cycle which was a major gutting of the buildings.

The only truly unknown is the Hawaii building (being refreshed now) because nobody on staff there seems to have been made aware of what will be done to the CL lounge. It's possible that may require more equipment than other buildings but with no info who knows for sure.

Polydweller said:
The only long houses scheduled for April are Tokelau (starting March 31) and Aotearoa April 21. The plan is for very little overlap except for Niue and Rora Tonga which start on March 3.

This is room refreshes with older buildings bathrooms being upgraded to two sinks and all work is supposed to be interior. This is not major construction by any measure. There will be some equipment around but nothing like the last refresh cycle which was a major gutting of the buildings.

The only truly unknown is the Hawaii building (being refreshed now) because nobody on staff there seems to have been made aware of what will be done to the CL lounge. It's possible that may require more equipment than other buildings but with no info who knows for sure.

I see. My concern was that all four longhouses around the quiet pool would be worked on at the same time. It doesn't sound like that's the case. Thanks!

So , the poly construction will likely be over by November ??
Or maybe January?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter