Pollyanna (1960)

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
At the risk of sounding too much like a Pollyanna, I think this movie is peachy keen. In her first of six Disney films, Haley Mills captures the spirit of a pure of heart, over the top, positive little girl who transforms an early 20th century town from curmudgeon city into happy-go-lucky land. This film has garnered a certain reputation for it's extreme happiness and it's earned it, but I don't have a personal problem with that. It has a tremendous message about attitude and how a great one can help someone overcome incredible odds. David Swift directs his first of two Disney films here. The other was The Parent Trap which also stared Haley Mills. One of the minor draw backs of this movie was the length. There are some slow moments that seem to drag slightly. Apparently Walt wanted a longer version than Swift. The man with the name above the door won the battle. Overall, it's a Disney Classic and worthy of 4 and a half smiles out of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter