POLL - Should Starbucks be at Walt Disney World?

POLL-- Does Starbucks Belong at Walt Disney World?

• Yes, I love Starbucks

• No Way Starbucks is overrated

• Depends on the Price

• I don't care

• Disney should offer something "special" not Starbucks

• It's fine, but I will get my coffee elsewhere

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted Yes because I love good coffee in the morning. I really do think it is going to be a change for the better and will still keep the ambiance of Main Street.

I'm happy. I love coffee, I love Starbucks and I love Disney. Happy to get them in the same place.

I answered "I don't care" because I don't care what brand of coffee they serve, however, I do care if they are going to change Main Street bakery so much that it loses it's "Disney" feel in lieu of a Starbucks feel.

And I also care if they get rid of the cinnamon buns and ice cream sandwiches.

If they are adding Starbucks coffee to the Main Street Bakery, I'm happy with that. At first I thought they were replacing the bakery. As long as they aren't doing that, I'm good.

Having now read the actual blog post, I am going to hold back official opinion until I visit. It is more than just adding coffee. The bakery is getting refurbed. It will maintain a Main Street theme, but will serve Starbucks bakery items as well as coffee.

I hope they keep the old cinnamon rolls.

I am very happy :cheer2: I love Disney and I love a good coffee so this to me is a very good match. Good coffee is something I have missed while vacationing at DIsney World.....It has been kind of a running joke between my husband and I.....we always "treat" ourselves to a good Tim Hortons coffee once we cross the border back into Canada post trip....kind of soothes my Disney depression a bit....for a moment.....then not so much.....when do I get to go back honey?!?!? :lmao:

I didn't vote because my position is not represented in the poll and nothing really comes close. There should be an option for: "Yes, if the building remains faithful to the historic appearance of Main Street". I don't know why that is such a controversial suggestion and I don't see this as being an "attack" on the poll or OP. And if that were one of the options, I suspect that it would be the runaway winner.

People have been complaining about the coffee at Disney for years. I am certainly not a Starbucks junkie, but if Disney will be offering real coffee in more locations around the parks...then I'm a happy camper. It's a heck of a lot better than having to bring a coffee maker along on vacation-an option that I have actually read about a lot of people doing.

Would it have been nice if they'd found a way to do it themselves...sure. But Disney is all about branding. They sell their stuff everywhere-from the parks to stores all over the world. I'm not surprised that they are smart enough to outsource something that they are currently failing at when they realize there is a market for it. :)

And from what I've read, there will still bakery items that we recognize sold there or at other locations througout MK.

the poll is terribly constructed. first of all, the main question does not reflect the plan. it talks about replacing MSB with Starbucks. That is not the plan.

Secondly, there should be options like "Not if it is going to look like a standard starbucks store" and "yes, if it is really well themed and continues to serve the pastries i like"

I am pretty certain that this is the plan and I think it's a great thing. I'll be happy to be able to have a good cup of coffee with my pastry while walking down Main St in the morning.

Having now read the actual blog post, I am going to hold back official opinion until I visit. It is more than just adding coffee. The bakery is getting refurbed. It will maintain a Main Street theme, but will serve Starbucks bakery items as well as coffee.

I hope they keep the old cinnamon rolls.

I thought I heard those will be selling in FantasyLand.

Kae

Meh. This whole thing has been a tempest in a coffee pot. Run as many polls, threads and petitions as you like, this is a done deal. It is going to happen whether we like the idea or not.

Me? Can't get upset by one more sponsorship deal with a major corporation since it has been commonplace since Day 1 at DL. Can't get upset by modifications to the number and types of goods offered in the bakery, since that has changed over time too. And Disney may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Who would really think that they would knowingly plunk a regular Starbucks themed building smack in the middle of Mainstreet? If they didin't do it for McDonalds, why would people think they would do it now?

I'm not thrilled down to my baby toes by the thought of being able to buy Starbucks coffee inside the parks - I don't particularly like their coffee. But at least it bears a passing resemblance to what a decent cup of coffee should taste like, so I may buy the occasional cup (as long as the predicted long lines don't extend all the way to the train station).

Are we really still going on about this? The countless threads, whining, and petitions are really starting to drive me nuts. Its happening. Get over it.

Perhaps we should start a new poll - Who wants to stop reading about people complaining in all the over dramatized threads about Starbucks? :rolleyes1

Meh. This whole thing has been a tempest in a coffee pot. Run as many polls, threads and petitions as you like, this is a done deal. It is going to happen whether we like the idea or not.

Me? Can't get upset by one more sponsorship deal with a major corporation since it has been commonplace since Day 1 at DL. Can't get upset by modifications to the number and types of goods offered in the bakery, since that has changed over time too. And Disney may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Who would really think that they would knowingly plunk a regular Starbucks themed building smack in the middle of Mainstreet? If they didin't do it for McDonalds, why would people think they would do it now?

I'm not thrilled down to my baby toes by the thought of being able to buy Starbucks coffee inside the parks - I don't particularly like their coffee. But at least it bears a passing resemblance to what a decent cup of coffee should taste like, so I may buy the occasional cup (as long as the predicted long lines don't extend all the way to the train station).

:worship::worship::thumbsup2

Serving Starbucks at Disney for those that enjoy it is fine with me. I don't personally like their coffee as it has a *burned* taste to me, so we bring and make our own.

I would rather that they *serve* it rather than have a Starbucks that mostly serve their products, especially if they change MSB a lot, or quit serving the pastries that we enjoy so much. But, other than that, I have no issues with it. :)

I voted for the closest option, but none were really right for me. I'm happy to see it come in (don't really enjoy many of the current MSB offerings), but I don't "love Starbucks".

I voted no but not because its overrated but because I DO NOT want it to replace MSB!!!!!! I cant believe they would replace such a staple with a "brand", Why not build a special spot for a new starbucks not replace a beloved spot!

I voted no but not because its overrated but because I DO NOT want it to replace MSB!!!!!! I cant believe they would replace such a staple with a "brand", Why not build a special spot for a new starbucks not replace a beloved spot!

They aren't replacing it.

I think there is certainly a place for corporate sponsorship if it is done tastefully, and it sounds as though Disney has this in mind. Some things are just done better by outside sources. What would DTD be without the Ghiradelli shop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter