Poll: Love it or Hate it?

The new itinerary shown in the picture...

• makes me thrilled. Show me where to sign up!

• makes me upset. I was booked and am jumping ship. So to speak.

• piques my curiousity. I hadn't been interested in the Galveston sailings before, but now am.

• Meh. Just not my cup of tea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
cruisecrasher said:
I got these port times in the confirmation email I received when I booked after I found out about these new itineraries yesterday (thank you dis-ers!)
It's a portion of a screenshot of the confirmation.

MedicGoofy said:
Again, I will ask. How do you have the port times? No one else seems to have this, and from DCL has sent out, it does not include port times.

It's a portion of an email confirmation. I booked this cruise just Monday afternoon when everyone was starting discussing this on here. That's cut from a screenshot of my confirmation email.

NancyIL said:
Unless a meal is specifically included in the price of an "excursion" - you always pay for your meals when off the ship. Those who go to WDW for the day will pay for both lunch and dinner.

Actually we're ahead since one of the ports was traded for Castaway Cay, and the meals there are included.

Tinkerjenn said:
We are in Texas and would love to do a cruise out of Galveston but since DH's work schedule we can only go at Christmas (too much $) and during the summer. We were also bummed that none of those stop at CC. Would love the new itinerary.

I do think it's sad that they won't be here over summer break.

I don't know that we'd ever cruise out of Galveston because flying in to Orlando is very convenient for us... but my biggest issue with the Galveston itineraries previously was no stop at Castaway Cay.

Now that they stop there? I'd do it...in a heartbeat. I also enjoy days at sea because there's so much to see and do on board, but I always feel obligated to explore ports! :rolleyes2

cruisecrasher said:
Actually we're ahead since one of the ports was traded for Castaway Cay, and the meals there are included.

Most of the excursions would not be long enough for us to need a meal. There was only one out of the 4 port days we would have been off the ship that long. Plus WDW food is going to be MUCH more expensive than in the ports.

It's a portion of an email confirmation. I booked this cruise just Monday afternoon when everyone was starting discussing this on here. That's cut from a screenshot of my confirmation email.

Thank you:flower3:

Finally found fine after you mentioned it in my confirmation. My confirmation took awhile to get to me via email for some reason?

Jenn

I, like others have mentioned, feel very badly for those who have had their cruise plans changed on them. But, as a West Coaster, the new 8 night itinerary makes me excited. Since they took away the cruises from LA, Galveston is next closest for us and I would be happy to sail to Castaway Cay and Disney World. Now, they just have to schedule some of these sailings during the summer months.

MedicGoofy said:
Thank you:flower3:

Finally found fine after you mentioned it in my confirmation. My confirmation took awhile to get to me via email for some reason?

Jenn

I gather they're a little busy right now (based on humorous asides while talking to whomever answered the cc line the other day.)

I cannot vote, but I would be thrilled with this itinerary. I am actually hoping it does well and that it is offered again after 2013. If that happens I will definetly be booking my family.

For those that have switched to the new itenerary (8 night) would you mind sharing pricing? We are wondering about booking this perhaps depending on the pricing. We are currently booked for a B2B out of Miami and were going to move to the 8 night out of Texas before it was changed as it was going to save us some good $$.

I personally like the new 8 day itenerary, but I enjoy sea days, so that is a plus for me. I do think that DCL has handled this poorly, though. I am happy to see that they are taking guest feedback into consideration, but I think they should have just included this itenerary in 2014 offerings, NOT change iteneraries on sailings as little as 5 months out. I really feel for all of those who booked the "old" itenerary because it was what they wanted, abnd then had it chnged on them. I especially feel for those who wound up with 2 back to back 4 days. Sorry, but as someone said uptheread, 4+4 does not equal 8 in this case. Part of why I like to cruise is to visit multiple places while only packing and unpacking once. That all goes out the window with a b2b. Not to mention that it will repeat the same entertainment and theme nights, where you would have had more on the 8 night.

I understand why people would be frustrated.

I can say from my perspective I HOPE they keep the 8-night bahama sailings for the future. I'm going on my first disney cruise next month and am excited since it's out of texas, but if they keep the bahama sailings I'd be more apt to purchase again since it's new ports without a flight for me.

Purely selfish I realize but really really hoping I can book one of these in 2014....maybe? :confused3

I am thrilled beyond all mortal expression with the new itinerary. :love: My DS & I still can't believe it... We keep saying to each other, "Are we really going to get to sail practically out of our backyard on our favorite ship in the world, and go to our two favorite places in the world???" It seems surreal, it makes us so happy. And all those glorious sea days!! I am just :cloud9:

I would SO love to see what you guys are talking about, because I have no clue about times for our cruise now, but pictures are blocked here. Could anyone just give me the times right quick? Thanks!!

SNIP
I would SO love to see what you guys are talking about, because I have no clue about times for our cruise now, but pictures are blocked here. Could anyone just give me the times right quick? Thanks!!

Sorry, just now saw this.

Day Date Port Ashore Onboard
Friday 26-Apr-2013 GALVESTON 4:00 PM
Saturday 27-Apr-2013 AT SEA
Sunday 28-Apr-2013 AT SEA
Monday 29-Apr-2013 CASTAWAY CAY 8:30 AM 4:30 PM
Tuesday 30-Apr-2013 PORT CANAVERAL6:15 AM 11:45 PM
Wednesday01-May-2013 AT SEA
Thursday 02-May-2013 KEY WEST 7:30 AM 12:45 PM
Friday 03-May-2013 AT SEA
Saturday 04-May-2013 GALVESTON 8:30 AM

Hope that helps!
:goodvibes

Sorry, just now saw this.

Day Date Port Ashore Onboard
Friday 26-Apr-2013 GALVESTON 4:00 PM
Saturday 27-Apr-2013 AT SEA
Sunday 28-Apr-2013 AT SEA
Monday 29-Apr-2013 CASTAWAY CAY 8:30 AM 4:30 PM
Tuesday 30-Apr-2013 PORT CANAVERAL6:15 AM 11:45 PM
Wednesday01-May-2013 AT SEA
Thursday 02-May-2013 KEY WEST 7:30 AM 12:45 PM
Friday 03-May-2013 AT SEA
Saturday 04-May-2013 GALVESTON 8:30 AM

Hope that helps!
:goodvibes

That helps immensely! Thanks so much!! :hug:

My cruise was completely CANCELLED! How can anyone answer that this is a good thing? Can you imagine booking a cruise a year in advance, making all the plans, arrangements, nonrefundable airfare, etc, plus just plain ol' looking forward to cruising on the Magic again, and getting an email that is it completely cancelled? I had tears in my eyes, I was so disappointed and frustrated. Why in the world would I fly from Phila to Galveston to cruise to places (1) I've already been several times, and (2) would be easier and cheaper to cruise out of PC, and (3) I just plain and simple didn't choose! I am so glad for those of you that are excited; but couldn't Disney have waited til 2014 to change the itinerary?

Cackyschmackers said:
My cruise was completely CANCELLED! How can anyone answer that this is a good thing? Can you imagine booking a cruise a year in advance, making all the plans, arrangements, nonrefundable airfare, etc, plus just plain ol' looking forward to cruising on the Magic again, and getting an email that is it completely cancelled? I had tears in my eyes, I was so disappointed and frustrated. Why in the world would I fly from Phila to Galveston to cruise to places (1) I've already been several times, and (2) would be easier and cheaper to cruise out of PC, and (3) I just plain and simple didn't choose! I am so glad for those of you that are excited; but couldn't Disney have waited til 2014 to change the itinerary?

I'm sorry that they've changed your cruise.
Based on the poll alone you could conclude Disney did this for profit reasons. For every one very upset person, there are five people who are thrilled to book and five people who are now interested and weren't previously. That's a huge increase in interest.
I guess it's a calculated business decision.

Cackyschmackers said:

Same thing happened when our Dec MR cruise was canceled. Thankfully I didn't have anything non refundable booked but it was still disappointing. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter