Poll (again...) on WHO PACKS a PIRATE COSTUME + post your PIRATE photos please!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by captaincrash, May 1, 2006.

?

Ahoy Mates! Which of the follow do you agree with? Multiple votes are OK!

1. We pack ELABORATE Pirate costume(s) for the Pirate Party

2. We pack DECENT Pirate costume(s) for the Pirate Party

3. We pack a FEW Pirate accessories to get into the spirit

4. It's just the DCL red bandannas for our party at most

5. You couldn't get our party into any silly pirate gear!

6. "KISS" ~ we don't pack any pirate gear, LUV the party though!

7. HUH?.... What Pirate Party are we talking about????

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. captaincrash

captaincrash <font color=darkorchid>!!!Surrender over yer LOOT!

OK....

... the tux poll got me thinking... we can see that DIS enthusiasts are more likely to pack a tux than the avergae DCL patrons. The average for a DIS patron initially being maybe 48% likely versus 10% for non-DIS patron based on eyeballed estimates from DIS folks with an opinion.

But... what about PIRATE COSTUMES? Among our activly posting/voting DIS community members I'd like to try and get an idea of who brings/packs a Pirate costume ... or part of a costume for the cruise? So here is my latest query for your armchair entertainment.

FYI... in the past it seems the average ratio of hits to votes has been 10 hits for every vote on threads with a good general appeal. And for the polls with less general appeal the ratio increases... no surprise there eh?

At any rate, thanks in advance for either your interest or wry humor! Oh yeah... if you're so inclined than please post your FAVORITE image of YOUR PIRATE COSTUME(s)! Here's ONE of mine from Sept 2005!....

[​IMG]

Although you can't tell from these images ~ we acccented the weapons and children with several glow sticks for the on deck party. This photo was taken just before dinner w/o glow sticks. Matching costumes that were kindly picked up for us by a thoughtful DIS family we met through the DIS cruise meet! And as a CORRECTION to the question in the poll that makes reference to the free RED DCL bandanas - it seems they have substituted the red ones with glow in the dark print for plain black ones. I missed that.... :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Spotdude

Spotdude DIS Veteran

my nephew is looking foward to Pirate costume. He said we need to go get one now and start getting it ready. pirate:

4. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Our pirate: pirate costumes are packed for our May 13th cruise, this is the first time we wil be dressing up special for pirate: Pirate Night, unless I chicken out that is. :lmao:

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

This pic was on the August repo.....my friends and I dressed up, but not sure if I could get my hubby to dress up on our next cruise....

[​IMG]
    x
    x
    x pirate:

6. sirena

sirena DIS Veteran

Our kids were all decked out. We dressed boho casual and looked the part.

[​IMG]

7. TiggerKing

TiggerKing If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go

DW and I will be doing nice pirate costumes, like something from Party City or some place like that. She may even make our costumes herself. But, we will definitely be dressing up for Pirate Night. pirate:

8. meresandwillsmom

meresandwillsmom Mouseketeer

Verandahman - What cruise are you on? We are on the May 13th Wonder. Would love to hook up with you - I love your website!

9. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We are on the "Saturday May 13th sailing of the Magic" to the Eastern Caribbean.

10. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

We packed full pirate costumes including flags... I also bought a bunch of pirate tattoos and gold coins to pass out to all the kids. They were a big hit!

Here is my DH and son (2) I asked my husband if he would dress up for pirate night... he said no. Then I said, what if your costume was sweats and a tee shirt... he said ok... and Mr. Smee was born. I took house paint and painted the shirt with the stripes and cut sweats of.. Nothing he could say! lol
    [​IMG]
    My girls

[​IMG]

And me...

[​IMG]

And another on of the boy... coz he is so cute... (sorry)

[​IMG]

11. WMILLER86

WMILLER86 No tag for me. Troublemakers don't get tags!

12. Vavasmon

Vavasmon <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We love the party but wear tropical shirts for the occasion. Just an FYI our bandannas were black with skull and crossbones in April - we tried to wear these but they kept falling off.

13. Wynn

Wynn Mouseketeer

We packed an eye patch and a loop earring and used the supplied bandana as a costume for the kids.

14. alanapapa

alanapapa <font color=purple>Knows someone who drives a brai

This is what we had packed for our cruise last July.
    [​IMG]
    Here is one of me at the buffet, a Cast Member said that I looked great and asked if she cold take the picture of me by the desserts.
    [​IMG]

We don't know what the DD's will wear in March, we know they won't fit into these anymore.

15. Verandah Man

Since we are talking pirates here, I flipped over the calendar above my desk this morning and look what the photo on the calendar is, it was so cute I had to take a photo of this. Sorry for the flash glare, but in front of the bear is the bounty he "collected."

[​IMG]

16. tinkerbellmagic

tinkerbellmagic don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

This is our assistant server, Teodore, and DD. For pirate night she wore a peasant style blouse, skull jewelry, and a pair of flowing gouchos to complete the look. DD loves pirates, so this was her favorite night on the ship.

[​IMG]

Tink

17. Michelle2

Michelle2 <font color=green>Disneyland will always and forev

We don't get dressed up in full-out pirate costumes, but we did and will wear matching pirate shirts that we copied from someone on the DIS. Enough to get into the festivities, but also not too much for DH and DS to handle! :teeth:

We also had some pirate hats, a sword, and several eye patches for those that wanted to wear them, even though they were not in this picture. Our girls started out wearing the bandanas, but then I guess they took them off after dinner. We loved Pirate night. So much fun!
    [​IMG]

18. anb23710

anb23710 Earning My Ears

We will be on the May 21 Wonder. I ordered pirate costumes from buycostumes for my dd8 and ds4. For my dd1, I think we are going to cut up an old pair of jeans, haven't been able to find her a costume. Not sure if my husband and I will dress up.

pirate:

19. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

We haven't cruised yet but plan on wearing elaborate costumes, well, elaborate for us. Arrghhh! pirate:

20. scottishwee35

scottishwee35 DIS Veteran

[​IMG][​IMG]

I brought four of us pirate clothes but on that day only two was wearing pirates except me and my son. We cannot take our son out of the Club!!

We had a enjoyable night at pirates!! :thumbsup2 pirate:

Scottishwee35

21. ladypoo

ladypoo DIS Veteran

We took pirate costume's on the cruise last August, but neglected to get one for my granddaughter. One of our friendly "Fools" and her daughter, Thanks Barb and Marissa. gave her one to wear. She is in my signature line.