Points Transfer Rules 101 [updated 2020]

Am i responsible for the annual dues for the 2014 points thats transferred to me or the owner is responsible?

I have 2 points left from a transfer. Right now I am in my 2012 august uy. However, next month I will be in my 2013 august uy. I was told that since the transferred points are from a February 2013 uy, I would have to bank the points by September 30, 2013. So my question is that if I wait until August, will those 2 points be banked for my august 2014 uy? I hope that this question makes sense. Thank you for your help.

I have 2 points left from a transfer. Right now I am in my 2012 august uy. However, next month I will be in my 2013 august uy. I was told that since the transferred points are from a February 2013 uy, I would have to bank the points by September 30, 2013. So my question is that if I wait until August, will those 2 points be banked for my august 2014 uy? I hope that this question makes sense. Thank you for your help.

Since transferred points retain their use year and resort, if those points are banked, i think they will become Feb 2013-2014 points which will have to be used by Jan 31, 2014. I have not done a transfer so no personal experience.

That is assuming transferred points can be banked (I think they can). They cannot be borrowed I believe. I often get that mixed up, one is allowed, one is not.

PS- it probably would have been best to start a new thread vs. posting on this 8 year old thread that someone bumped for some reason today - zombie thread! This is also a Member Services type question but I know the thread was already here in the Purchaing forum.

Since transferred points retain their use year and resort, if those points are banked, i think they will become Feb 2013-2014 points which will have to be used by Jan 31, 2014. I have not done a transfer so no personal experience.

That is assuming transferred points can be banked (I think they can). They cannot be borrowed I believe. I often get that mixed up, one is allowed, one is not.

PS- it probably would have been best to start a new thread vs. posting on this 8 year old thread that someone bumped for some reason today - zombie thread! This is also a Member Services type question but I know the thread was already here in the Purchaing forum.

sorry, my bad. I was looking for a quick answer and did a quick search. didn't even notice the date. I'm the Zombie.... ::yes::

OP here, with a super duper mega zombie necro bump!

So I decided to update this 11 year old thread. ^_~
The first post has been edited with 2013's 2018's rules.
The newest one to note is that DVC will make a distinction whether the points to be transferred were bought direct or resale.

Hope this info is still helpful to folks.

EDIT 2020: Updated slightly as MS continues to improve their systems regarding points transfers. I also edited the official rules to match the 2018 Multi-site POS Home Resort Rules and Regulations.

Last edited:

Thanks Disneyberry! Transferring is definitely complicated. Good to see these rules are actually current and not 10 yrs old.

Thanks Disneyberry! Transferring is definitely complicated. Good to see these rules are actually current and not 10 yrs old.

Great thread, very informative but just to be sure I understand: I can do one transfer per use year - but can I do two transfers at the same time, one for points going into my current use year and one for points going into my next use year? Is that allowed? Or do I need to wait until my next use year starts?

Great thread, very informative but just to be sure I understand: I can do one transfer per use year - but can I do two transfers at the same time, one for points going into my current use year and one for points going into my next use year? Is that allowed? Or do I need to wait until my next use year starts?
Yes you can do this. You can call MS once to do 2 transfers (for example one into 2019 and one into 2020 UY). No need to wait until the next UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter