Points statement requested

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Harpers, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Harpers

Harpers Earning My Ears

While waiting to pass ROFR, Disney requested of our closing company a points statement. They say one was requested from another department of DVC and they are waiting for. Anyone have an idea of how long a point statement should take to be provided?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. twinsouvenirs

twinsouvenirs Mother of Dragons :)

interesting! no clue.

4. cvjw

cvjw DIS Veteran

It is my understanding that point statements come directly from Disney, so it makes no sense that Disney would be requesting one from another party. We just recently sold a contract, and our agent requested a point statement from Disney before listing it to make sure that all of the points that we said were there actually were.

5. Harpers

Harpers Earning My Ears

The way it was explained to me (and I question) is the DVC department handling their ROFR is a different group than the one that would provide a points statement, and they would not seek themselves (or do internally) and it has to come from the company managing the transaction. Maybe another means to make resale's as difficult as possible?

I have a friend (already a member) and he has never requested a statement as he goes online to see his account, so was wondering how long a request for a physical statement normally takes.

A statement was provided to the closing company initially when the offers were signed but what the offer states and what is reality I think differs.