POFQ movie and marshmallow roast???

Bitsmommy

DIS Veteran
I checked the frequently asked questions thread and couldn't find an answer. Does this occur every night EVEN in the OFF SEASON?? We will be there in a week and would love to do this, but only have one night that we can because of dinner reservations. If this occurs nightly, I will not make meal reservations because my kids would love this.

I tried to find the answer for you. I did find a movie list for the month of September and December but not October specific. I could not imagine that they would not, but I would call to be safe.

Have a great vacation.

I would be interested t o know as well since we will be there in a week as well..

See you there!! I will be the one with 2 crazy boys!! One 7 and one 2!!! Seriously, I will likely be telling at least one of them to stop doing something!! They aren't bad, just BUSY!!

Bitsmommy said:
See you there!! I will be the one with 2 crazy boys!! One 7 and one 2!!! Seriously, I will likely be telling at least one of them to stop doing something!! They aren't bad, just BUSY!!

Haha. I will look for you. I have a 9 DD and 7 DS - my 7 DS is crazy busy too, not bad, just constant.... Wherever we go people know his name (from me speaking to him often)

Saw the princess and frog here a while back, it was very nice, perfect atmosphere for this movie. They show them on a little grassy courtyard area. My favorite choice for an outdoor movie. I don't remember any marshmallows though. If they don't have them, the foodcourt is close by.

Our room overlooked the area where they would set up the movies at night. We could actually see the movies from our room. It seemed they had them every night, but we were there for Spring Break. We never got over to make s'mores, I believe that is in a different area. I remember seeing it on a map and I believe they make them around 7pm. We also went over to POR one night to see Bob Jackson. It was rather entertaining and my DS14 enjoyed it so much that we stayed for all 3 shows. We did have to walk back as it was late and the boats stopped running, but it was a pleasant walk on a nice path that went along the river.

I checked the frequently asked questions thread and couldn't find an answer. Does this occur every night EVEN in the OFF SEASON?? We will be there in a week and would love to do this, but only have one night that we can because of dinner reservations. If this occurs nightly, I will not make meal reservations because my kids would love this.

Absolutely they have nightly movies. Last month DD7 and I saw Lion King. They set up the screen in between building 5 and 6. They'll provide as many towels as you want for the grass (the night we went, it had rained a few hours prior so we stacked many). It's very informal and at least for the time we were there, very sparsely attended (maybe a few dozen people). You can come and go as you see fit, so if a little one gets tired (i.e. my DS4), it's easy to leave for them to go back to the room to bed. If you don't want to sit on the grass, there are some benches around the perimeter of that courtyard or you can sit on the curb in the back. Be aware, though, that if it's raining, they'll move the movie to a TV in the food court (not quite the same experience).

The marshmallow roast is a totally separate thing. It also happens nightly. I can't tell you anything else about it because we had dinner ADR's each night and weren't at the resort at that time any night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter