POFQ and AKL Activities

Tiresius

Mouseketeer
I know that this type of question gets asked all of the time, but scrolling through 100+ page threads is just so exhausting. I am hoping for a few tips or pointers for activities to do at AKL and/or POFQ on a non-park day.

My family (3 adults, age 24, 27, and 55) will be spending 24 hours at POFQ, then 24 hours at AKL, with no parks, no distractions, goal of just relaxing and taking in the atmosphere (we are doing parks, but later in the trip).

So if you had 24 hrs at either resort, what would you do? So far, I have some ideas, but looking for others.

AKL:
-Restaurant tour
-Dinner at Boma (already have ADR)
-Watch animals on the Savannahs
-Storytelling

POFQ:
-Beigneighs (spelling?) for breakfast
-Take a boat to DTD
-Walk to POR

What else? Although money can be spent, I am looking for simpler activities mostly. So things like a carriage ride or safari are not really in the plan. Obviously pool time is in there too, but I guess I am thinking about the special things at each resort.

Thank you!

AKL -- the bead activities for kids (they give you a list at check-in)
-- watching the animals out on the savannas
-- cultural safari
-- storytelling by the firepit
-- watching the animals through night-vision goggles

AKL -- the bead activities for kids (they give you a list at check-in)
-- watching the animals out on the savannas
-- cultural safari
-- storytelling by the firepit
-- watching the animals through night-vision goggles

Can we do the bead activities even if we have no kids with us?

I think you can do some of them. Some are clearly for the little kids, but the things like tracking an animal with sonar are fun and interesting for adults, too. We did that in the middle of the day with no-one else around, so it was just me, DH and our DD -- and it was more fun for us parents than for her!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter