Podcast Team Backstory

I just listened to the 4/15/10 podcast on my way into work this morning and it was great! I love how this group clicks.

I'm still here! :) I started with the DIS in June of 2009 and am the Senior Editor for the site, so I'm mostly behind the scenes. I live in Illinois, but I do go on the Podcast Cruises and am at any of the December events. I'm on the podcast when I'm in Orlando on a Tuesday (and was on the ladies show when that was happening regularly). :) I write the news stories, write blogs, publish everyone else's blogs and update content on the site. I post any new blogs on the boards, so that's where you'll see me most often (SorcererHeidi is correct - that was Kathy's blog that she referenced below).

I listened to the Introduction to the Dis podcast (4-15-10) today and it was fantastic! This is exactly what I was hoping to find when I started this thread. I learned a lot of new information and feel more connected to the folks in the podcast.

Also a new question: Where did Walter and Leah go? I haven't heard them since I've been listening but they seemed to be a prominent part of that old 2010 show.

I also know I had occasionally seen Leah on a podcast (if I remember right it was a "Disney with kids" and/or "ladies topics" show(s). She also posts stuff here on DisBoards under WebMaster Leah. Matter of fact - she has a new blog up now, right here on PodCasts - Called
new blog: Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
Update - Just noticed the blog (on replacing the lightbulbs in the cool chandeliers in the Wilderness Lodge - VERY interesting, you should def read it) was actually written by Kathy Wehrling (hope I'm spelling that right), but it was posted under Leah's name of WebMaster Leah.

This is such an interesting thread! I did not make the connection that the John Pete was referring to when he talked about his first OKW visit was John Magi! I wonder how Dustin ( my personal favorite) became a part of this group?

I can't read "tutus" without giving it that special pronunciation. And that's not good when you have a daughter in ballet. Inappropriate giggling and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter