Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

Weather update:
For those planning on a few pre-cruise nights at WDW the weather is looking pretty good. Wednesday (11/30) is the warmest with a high in the mid-80's, after which the high should be about 80 on Thursday and in the low/mid 70's on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. No significant likelihood of rain to worry about.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0615:1:US

The packing has begun. I'm coming to understand why people used to travel with steamer trunks. It doesn't help that we are packing for a total of 13 nights, not just the 7 of the cruise. It's a good thing we're driving and can just cram it all in the trunk.

Haha, we are having the same issue, except we are flying. Thank goodness we are able to each check 2 bags.

Sorry, don't mean to jump into the question for Jeff. but yes. We went on PCC 2.0 and the bus left from the Swan I think and it took about an hour and 10 minutes to the port.
Thanks Cheri. I only directed that to Jeff since he's local. If the bus did it in 70 min. I'm sure I can do it in 60 ;).

As Cheri reported, yes its a bit more than an hour from WDW to the port. Two routes to consider:
I-4 east to 528 east, or
417 north to 528 east.

Normally we tell people to avoid I-4 whenever possible however on Sunday morning you are probably OK with the first option. Either one should be about the same amount of time.

528 essentially ends at the port. Well, actually it turns into A1A. Watch the signs to get off the correct ramp for the Oasis. Or if you're returning a rental car you'll need to remain on the same road to get to the various car rental lots. Caution, when you pass the port you go up a hill (an overpass) and it is not unusual for the Cocoa Beach police to be running radar on the downhill side.

Two routes to consider:
I-4 east to 528 east, or
417 north to 528 east.

Normally we tell people to avoid I-4 whenever possible however on Sunday morning you are probably OK with the first option. Either one should be about the same amount of time.
Actually it isn't Sunday morning that we will be going. We are coming in on Thursday and staying at a port hotel. We'll be going back and forth to Disney from there so Thursday night and roundtrip on Friday and Saturday. Would you suggest we stick with the 417 route at least in the morning? I'm familiar with 417 as we take it when we come down and we have SunPass (well actually my wife does but we're taking my car - I plan to pick up a transponder at the FL welcome center).

if I"d booked the RCL bus tranfer from MCO to Ship thru Dreams, do I needed to print a ticket or anything or just show up at the bus station at MCO. also is there a certain time to do this? Thanks

I am so excited! We got all the stuff to be packed gathered Sunday. I didn't pack many clothes since we don't leave until early Thursday morning. We also have overpacked but better safe than sorry. This is our first DIS activity and can hardly wait. We are driving down and staying in Titusville with the stay, park, sail package. If we get in early enough on Friday, we're considering driving to City Walk and trying out Toothsome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter