Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by WebmasterJohn, Sep 4, 2013.

1. NitroStitch

NitroStitch DIS Veteran

What time to we have to be on the ship? I'm in Cocoa that morning for the Spacecoast marathon or half marathon, so I need to make sure I can be done with the run (and cleanup) with time to board. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DVC Kathy

DVC Kathy Mouseketeer

Thanks. We always fly in at least one day early - and I don't think I'd be comfortable that weekend without a two day buffer.

4. SleepingAriel28

SleepingAriel28 Disney Tardis

Can we add more people later after we make our deposit?

5. DSNYDREAMER

DSNYDREAMER <font color=deeppink>Cruising with Unlimited Dream

Possibly, but it will depend on availability and the price will be based on the price as of the day they are added.

6. mnra

mnra DIS Veteran

Travel on that thanksgiving weekend is always very expensive and very crowded. You have to hope the weather is good or you could be in big trouble when you have delays. I am not sure air travel was considered when the dates where chosen.

7. SleepingAriel28

It would be in the same cabin would that matter

8. mnra

mnra DIS Veteran

Will the ship be decorated for the holiday in Nov

I sure hope so.

9. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

No - if the price has increased, additional passengers will pay the higher price.

10. DSNYDREAMER

DSNYDREAMER <font color=deeppink>Cruising with Unlimited Dream

There are a number of factors that are considered when choosing a date, including airfare, other commitments, cruise schedules and pricing. The best date was chosen once all of these factors were weighed out. In most markets, flying on the Friday or Saturday is cheaper than the Thursday or Sunday. Unfortunately we will never be able to choose the perfect date for all scenarios.

11. mnra

mnra DIS Veteran

Tracey, and crew, please do not misunderstand me I know you guys have a lot to consider when you pick a date for such a big event as the podcast. I am sure you weigh all things out. you guys are great at doing this. I was just pointing out that it is expensive but I just add that in as a cost of going on a great trip and look forward to it already.

12. wdwscout

wdwscout <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We're in!! Deck 6. :cool1:

This will complete our rounds of the DCL Fleet. The Magic was the only ship we had not sailed before. I was THRILLED to hear 5.0 would be on the Magic. :lovestruc

Itinerary- eh. I would have liked the Eastern as well (haven't done that one before). But, as Mike said- the most important thing is cruising with DIS friends! And... celebrating Pete's 50th! :woohoo:

My jewelry stop was Costa Maya on 4.0 - and I see we are missing that one and going to Jamaica instead. Oh well. May have to shop somewhere else this time! :banana:

13. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

This teacher is out too. :( I was really hoping for another summer cruise. Oh well, there's a mini-ABD reunion in the works for me anyway. :thumbsup2

Have fun all!!

14. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

I teach on-line course, so my schedule is flexible, but DD will be back in college. So we're tied to academic calendar.

15. WebmasterLeah

WebmasterLeah Administrator Administrator Moderator

Can't wait! :cool1: Our kids are so excited to see the new kids spaces on the Magic.

My husband teaches college, but he's already requested the time off. Nobody else has asked yet this far in advance, so his was approved! It also helps that his boss is a Disney fan and loves to cruise(he went with us last year!). :goodvibes

16. SleepingAriel28

Tracy

we are trying to see if we can do this how much is the deposit per adult also per kid

thanks so much

17. ronalee

ronalee Earning My Ears

My husband and I booked our first cruise for November 2, 2014 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary... It is also a 7-night western Caribbean... Only difference is a change in one of the Ports (Jamaica instead of Key West)...

I have never attended a podcast event. I am debating switching but I am not sure... Pros: I have listened to the podcast for years and it is Pete's birthday. Cons: I am not very active on the boards and don't know a lot of people, we will have to travel from NS to the States during American Thanksgiving (then again it could be cool to be in the USA during American Thanksgiving), and it will add 28 days to my countdown (I am already driving my husband crazy with the countdown - 424 days)...

So what is everyone's top reason of why I should (or shouldn't) switch cruises...

Rhonda

18. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Besides experiencing American Thanksgiving (and Black Friday the day after) - if you spend any time at WDW before or after the cruise, it will be decorated for Christmas. The ship will probably be decorated for Christmas by Nov. 30, but not for the Nov. 2 cruise. You'll be with a FUN group of people! And finally - Pete turns 50 only once! :teeth:

19. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

My boss told me no more December vacations, but I just emailed and asked that my dummy cruise be moved to this one. Here's hopin'!!!

20. wdwscout

wdwscout <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

:cool1::goodvibes:cool1::goodvibes pixiedust:
    Fingers crossed- pixie dust on the way!

21. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Yay! Tell your boss this is your November vacation...that just runs over into December a wee bit! :lmao: