Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

It is starting to feel real now. Just did my online check-in today and booked Palo and Palo Brunch. Now I just need to finalize everything else for the pre and post trip stays.

See y'all in 105 days.

Scott

That looks so good!!! I did the Palo Brunch years ago, and I may have to do it again this year. mmmmm

Did Palo on Dream, was a most wonderful meal. I think I like brunch better than dinner :)

I've only done Palo Brunch on the Magic, but it was really wonderful!

Sayhello

Working on online check in, anyone have a guess when we'll arrive at the port w/ the Dreams transfer?

Thanks for the replies! I'm so excited, 72 days til our pre-cruise trip! Dh and I plan to add the wine package for dinner. To help enjoy the anticipation I printed the list and bought some of the wines offered to try before the cruise. I found 6 of the 9 bottles at Total Wine, tried 2 so far, one was very good the other OK but I wouldn't order it.:disrocks:

I'm definitely doing the DU transfer from the Swan/Dolphin to the port. But I haven't signed up yet because I'm wondering about the transfer from the port to the airport. Does DU do several transfers spread throughout the morning? Or do they run them all first thing after disembarkation? My flight isn't until 3-ish, so I really don't want to leave for the port with the first wave at 8am or whenever. Could I get a later transfer if I went with DCL rather than DU? Would it be worth it to get a one-way car rental to spend a couple of hours in the Port area?

Thanks for any opinions/info you could give me!

Sayhello

Hope and I are also heading to the airport too. Our flight isn't until 6. We plan to check our baggage have as little as possible in the carry on category. Then go to one of the restaurants that are before security and have a leisurely lunch. Maybe a tasty adult beverage. And then sit and watch for the security lines to slack off. Knitting, Kindle and iPad for distraction if needed. No having to rush a decent way to end the vacation.

Kim

Hope and I are also heading to the airport too. Our flight isn't until 6. We plan to check our baggage have as little as possible in the carry on category. Then go to one of the restaurants that are before security and have a leisurely lunch. Maybe a tasty adult beverage. And then sit and watch for the security lines to slack off. Knitting, Kindle and iPad for distraction if needed. No having to rush a decent way to end the vacation.

Kim
Are you taking DU's transfers to the airport?

Sayhello

Working on online check in, anyone have a guess when we'll arrive at the port w/ the Dreams transfer?

It's a crap-shoot at best ... could be as late a 1-2PM, as per e-mail from DU. The online check-in really does not not have meaning, unless the terminal is at capacity. Remember, if you are Platinum, you are not given a check-in time, as you may board at any time.

I'm definitely doing the DU transfer from the Swan/Dolphin to the port. But I haven't signed up yet because I'm wondering about the transfer from the port to the airport. Does DU do several transfers spread throughout the morning? Or do they run them all first thing after disembarkation? My flight isn't until 3-ish, so I really don't want to leave for the port with the first wave at 8am or whenever. Could I get a later transfer if I went with DCL rather than DU? Would it be worth it to get a one-way car rental to spend a couple of hours in the Port area?

For the most part, everything depends on how many people sign up for DU transfers, and how many buses are available. Hopefully, someone from an earlier PCC will provide information from a previous PC cruise.

Due to the uncertainty, we opted for DCL transfers, because we know we have the option of walking off the ship at whatever time we prefer, and stepping onto the next available bus. For us, the $10 savings did not mean much if we had to wait for a bus.

We're taking a different route down this time. In-laws won't be in Tampa, so we're cutting across and taking I-95. Staying in Cocoa pre-cruise.
And DH has agreed to stop at Welcome Center en-route to cruise. :cool1:

For the most part, everything depends on how many people sign up for DU transfers, and how many buses are available. Hopefully, someone from an earlier PCC will provide information from a previous PC cruise.

Due to the uncertainty, we opted for DCL transfers, because we know we have the option of walking off the ship at whatever time we prefer, and stepping onto the next available bus. For us, the $10 savings did not mean much if we had to wait for a bus.
Thanks. Do you know how late the DCL transfers go? Since everyone is supposed to be off the ship by 9am, could I expect the buses to be running until 9:30? 10?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter