Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by WebmasterJohn, Mar 23, 2011.

1. mainegal

mainegal <font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki

Oh, yes. I remember the big tree. And I did walk past the gingerbread house.
    I was trying to reassure that a non-Christian family would hopefully see the decor as seasonal. (more seasonal and pagan than Christian)

I am not doubting you, Skip, when you say there was music onboard. It makes sense that there was music. I just don't remember it!

(I have only been to WDW in December. I am afraid to go any other time. It would look naked without wreathes and garlands and other seasonal decor!)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mjaclyn

mjaclyn Currently in Wonderland

I really appreciate all the input from everyone. We are a Christian family but choose not to celebrate because of the Pagan origin. I don't mean to turn this into any kind of religious discussion I just thought I would clarify.

I guess I was curious to know if the ship is decorated for Christmas the same way I would find a local mall or grocery store, or if the entire ship including activities, characters and meals are saturated with it. Obviously in the month of December there is no getting away from the music and decorations no matter where you are and I don't expect to. I just remember going to WDW one year in early December and I felt that it was almost shoved down my throat in a way. Christmas trees, music, Santa, characters dressed in holiday outfits, decorations, even holiday themed snacks were everywhere. Before anyone flames me I just want to say that I completely understand why Disney does it this way. The holiday season is a huge money maker and for them NOT to incorporate it in every way possible doesn't make sense from a business perspective. That is why my family and I personally choose to go during other times of the year, but we really wanted to join everyone on PCC 4.0 so I was wondering if the DCL ships are outfitted for the holiday in the same way the parks are or if it's done in a more tasteful way.

4. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Seem to recall that Christmas decorations were very tasteful. Some of the passengers - not so much ;).

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

My recollection as well. Not sure which category I fell into. :rolleyes1

6. Justin Jett

Justin Jett <font color=darkorchid>I will do my Elvis impressi

Very well said!!! :)

7. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I agree. Well, on the decorations part, at least! I don't want to be one of the tasteless passengers, either. :laughing:

I am not Christian, and I have no problem with the DCL decor on the ship or Castaway Cay. But then again, I enjoy all the decor that mjaclyn doesn't care for. I knew that Santa never visited my house, but that didn't matter. I still wanted to hear what the different holiday traditions were around the world by the storytellers in Epcot. Many were versions of Santa, but in places where the major religions don't celebrate Christmas, it was fun to hear what they do for the holidays, too.

I never associated the commercial Christmas stuff with anything other than Christmas, but I still appreciate the pageantry of it.

8. paulasillars

paulasillars <font color=green>Body in New Zealand, mind in Wal

We don't celebrate Christmas personally either (we don't celebrate anything except personal birthdays) however I'm really looking forward to seeing the ship decorated - we went to Disneyland at Christmas and it was gorgeous!

Oh but they are the best kind for people watching :rotfl2:

As someone who avoids all public places from October onwards, I never thought I'd be looking forward to a Christmas cruise so much! :rotfl: Mind you, its those awful Christmas carols that do me in... if I have to listen to Snoopy's Christmas, its enough to make me homicidal...

9. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

As an FYI - category 12 is now category 11C. Those cabins do qualify for the 10% onboard booking discount and onboard credit.

10. mjaclyn

mjaclyn Currently in Wonderland

We just got off our first DCL cruise on the Dream!! We had a fantastic time and rebooked for the same dates as PCC 4.0! I named Dreams Unlimited as our travel agency, so how does it work with getting us signed up for PCC 4.0? Is there someone in particular I have to contact or do I just use my regular Dreams agent?

Thanks!

11. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

If I'm not mistaken, the information goes to Tracey Heinrichs. Since PCC 4.0 is not booked full yet, you should already be a part of it....Welcome !!!

I would give it a few days, and you should hear something from Tracey with your reservation number...or send Tracey an email.

12. disrailfan

disrailfan DIS Veteran

Mousefan64 and I are booked. Trying to get some other friends from the dVC member cruise to do this in 2012 instead of the member cruise.:cool1:

13. Cherinva

Glad to have you with us. There are a couple of other threads where we are all chatting to get to know each other...I also have one the lists the cabin numbers...also on the cruise threads, there is one where you can sign up for the FE......Welcome !!!

14. PDJPrinceCharming

PDJPrinceCharming <font color=peach>I'll be easy to spot. Come & say

We were already paid in full for 4 days on the Dream in December but wanted to switch over to PCC 4.0 instead & pay the difference to join everyone on the Fantasy. Just hoping it won't be a problem or there will be cancellation charges or anything since we're switching ships.

15. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

There shouldn't be any sort of cancellation charge unless you are booked for a concierge room. This far out, you're nowhere near the penalty period.

Sayhello

16. PDJPrinceCharming

PDJPrinceCharming <font color=peach>I'll be easy to spot. Come & say

Well that's amazing news then. she is really excited about the Fantasy & i'm not only excited about the ship in general but being able to meet my fellow DIS'ers as well as the Podcast team. We are looking at a Cat 9 with one large porthole & we are happily switching from the Dream also to take advantage of a longer cruise vacation as well as much better ports of call. Thanks for your response, as long as Dreams will switch us then we'll see everyone on PCC 4.0

17. Cherinva

I hope it works out for you...and a big WELCOME to you !!!! Come chat with us on the PCC 4.0 Chat thread. I'll add you to my list...if anything changes just let me know.

18. Disney Dad Canada

Disney Dad Canada Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and a

19. Cherinva

She's taking shape.....and looks beautiful !!!

20. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Her shape is very ship-like! :rotfl2:

21. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran