Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

John
With the Dreams Transfers is there any way that the pick up resort and the drop off resort can be two different resorts? We are staying at one DVC resort pre cruise and another one post cruise. I understand if it can't be done, but it doesn't hurt to ask! Thanks.

No - sorry - it has to be a roundtrip from/to same resort.

Cool, I registered for my credentials.

I have a question regarding transfers if anyone knows.

Does DCL do the transfers for dreams or is it a 3rd party? If so, is there any benefit to booking with DCL instead? (does DCL handle the bags off the bus sorta like magical express?)

Thanks all

Cool, I registered for my credentials.

I have a question regarding transfers if anyone knows.

Does DCL do the transfers for dreams or is it a 3rd party? If so, is there any benefit to booking with DCL instead? (does DCL handle the bags off the bus sorta like magical express?)

Thanks all

The transfers you are booking on the form linked to in the OP are a private charter Dreams Unlimited Travel is hiring just for our guests. This is a separate company from the one Disney uses and not affiliated with DCL.

We are just looking to offer a cheaper alternative to DCL transfers for Podcast listeners.

John,

I just sent you an email about a ColdFusion error I am getting when trying to book a pre-cruise night at the Swan.

The transfers you are booking on the form linked to in the OP are a private charter Dreams Unlimited Travel is hiring just for our guests. This is a separate company from the one Disney uses and not affiliated with DCL.

We are just looking to offer a cheaper alternative to DCL transfers for Podcast listeners.

Thanks for the reply John! I see now that there is a significant savings when traveling in both directions. We plan on renting a car at port for our post cruise vacation. So when I compared prices I noticed it was the same cost for the transfer at $35.

So I guess my same question still stands. Is there a benifit for a first time cruiser to ride with Disney? Do they play a video like on ME? The baggage part would be a benifit but I can't seem to find out if they handle your bags like they do with ME. Seems like they do when you take the transfer from the airport.

So I guess my same question still stands. Is there a benifit for a first time cruiser to ride with Disney? Do they play a video like on ME? The baggage part would be a benifit but I can't seem to find out if they handle your bags like they do with ME. Seems like they do when you take the transfer from the airport.

DCL buses do play the video (like on Magical Express- but cruise related ;)).

But on the post-cruise leg, you have to get your own bags. This is because we all have to go through US Customs when we get back to port. You have to be together with your bags when you pass through customs.
You then take your bags out to the buses- they are marked as to which resorts they are going to- just like when you leave a park to get back to your resort.

Personally, I like using the transfers Dreams sets up- this way you are traveling with DISers who just had the same experiences you did! :thumbsup2

Hope that helps.

bummer that we already included our transfers from DCL, but we also are gong to 2 different resorts as well, one at pick up, the other at drop off, but I did register for our credentials just now!

Agreed Jeff. Sea Day- which is Wednesday (day 4).

And I think we can make a plan- meet for breakfast in whichever Dining Room is open and xx:xx time and then wait for the Podcast Team to unveil their plans for us. We cannot make breakfast reservations anyway- so we can be pretty flexible on this- even up to the last minute.

I'd go with Nassau day as a back-up plan in case the Team has a particularly early event planned. That's Tuesday.

Jeff- are all the dining room open for breakfast every day- or do they rotate who serves breakfast?

Linda, Love this idea... I am there!

DCL buses do play the video (like on Magical Express- but cruise related ;)).

But on the post-cruise leg, you have to get your own bags. This is because we all have to go through US Customs when we get back to port. You have to be together with your bags when you pass through customs.
You then take your bags out to the buses- they are marked as to which resorts they are going to- just like when you leave a park to get back to your resort.

Personally, I like using the transfers Dreams sets up- this way you are traveling with DISers who just had the same experiences you did! :thumbsup2

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback. Since we are renting a car at port we would only be taking the bus to the ship, not from. So since we don't pass through customs when boarding the ship, does that mean our bags will make it from the DCL bus to our state rooms on there own? You don't really say.

Pre and Post PCC 3.0 stays booked at the Swolphin. Thank you Dreams for saving us $50/night for 4 nights. That's enough to buy the wine package. :drinking:

Thanks for the feedback. Since we are renting a car at port we would only be taking the bus to the ship, not from. So since we don't pass through customs when boarding the ship, does that mean our bags will make it from the DCL bus to our state rooms on there own? You don't really say.

Sorry- I thought you were trying to decide whether to rent a car or take the bus post cruise.

If you are staying at a Disney resort or the airport Hyatt and use DCL transfers- you will get luggage tags (like on ME) and they will pick the bags up from your hotel room early that morning and then you will see them outside your stateroom on the ship later in the day.
I seem to remember for 2.0 when we stayed at the Swan, we all brought our bags on the bus with us (I have photos of our long line and all the luggage carts! It was so much fun!!!). Then when we got to the terminal, I think the porters took the bags before we entered the terminal to check in.

They deliver everyone's bags to the staterooms somewhere between 2-5pm. It's really an impressive scene- all the bags are lined up in the hallways outside the staterooms.

No matter how you decide to get there- make sure you have everything you need to board (documents, etc.), medications, swim suits if you want pool time before your luggage arrives.
I bring our door decorations and Fish Extender in my carry on so I can get right to work making our front door look like "home"! :)

Sorry- I thought you were trying to decide whether to rent a car or take the bus post cruise.

If you are staying at a Disney resort or the airport Hyatt and use DCL transfers- you will get luggage tags (like on ME) and they will pick the bags up from your hotel room early that morning and then you will see them outside your stateroom on the ship later in the day.
I seem to remember for 2.0 when we stayed at the Swan, we all brought our bags on the bus with us (I have photos of our long line and all the luggage carts! It was so much fun!!!). Then when we got to the terminal, I think the porters took the bags before we entered the terminal to check in.

They deliver everyone's bags to the staterooms somewhere between 2-5pm. It's really an impressive scene- all the bags are lined up in the hallways outside the staterooms.

No matter how you decide to get there- make sure you have everything you need to board (documents, etc.), medications, swim suits if you want pool time before your luggage arrives.
I bring our door decorations and Fish Extender in my carry on so I can get right to work making our front door look like "home"! :)

Thanks for the great info!!!!!!

I would never have thought about packing my FE in my carry on. Pro tip right there. lol

now I have to figure out if Im going to take the Owners Locker to the ship.

now I have to figure out if Im going to take the Owners Locker to the ship.

We take ours onto the ship. On the Wonder, it fit perfectly under the desk area. I am sure there will be a place for it on the Dream as well.

We use an over the door shoe/pocket holder thing (why can't I think of what the real name is???) and put it on the outside of one of the bathroom doors. It was handy and in an excellent location for use in either bathroom or stuff you need to grab heading out of the door.

They'll just stick a luggage tag on the purple box just like any other piece of your luggage.

We take ours onto the ship. On the Wonder, it fit perfectly under the desk area. I am sure there will be a place for it on the Dream as well.

We use an over the door shoe/pocket holder thing (why can't I think of what the real name is???) and put it on the outside of one of the bathroom doors. It was handy and in an excellent location for use in either bathroom or stuff you need to grab heading out of the door.

They'll just stick a luggage tag on the purple box just like any other piece of your luggage.

"pocket holder thing" is another great idea. You got anymore tips? Im taking notes. lol.

From what I hear the locker will fit in the bottom of the closet on the dream. I think I'm leaning towards taking it as I don't want to have to pay extra for OL to pick it up and drop it off again after the cruise.

I read somewhere that the over-the-door shoe holders will not fit the bathroom doors on the Dream - supposedly the fit is too tight for the door to close.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for posting this, Linda. I've been meaning to check this out and you reminded me....

I read somewhere that the over-the-door shoe holders will not fit the bathroom doors on the Dream - supposedly the fit is too tight for the door to close.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for posting this, Linda. I've been meaning to check this out and you reminded me....

I hadn't hear that. But I did notice (at least in the Fantasy photos) that there are some hooks on the wall across from the foot of the bed. I thought that might be a good location for a shoe holder as well.
We can get creative with locations for this- even inside the closet clipped to a hangar would work.

EVERYONE- tomorrow- April 1st- is the deadline for signing up for Fish Extenders on PCC 3.0.

We need this deadline so everyone can get a final count of gifts needed and get started on budgeting, crafting or buying what they plan to give.

If you're on the fence- jump on in- this is a fun activity. You'll be sorry if you miss out!

Click the link in my signature to go to the Fish Extender page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter