Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in! We've deposited but not 100% sure we're going yet...but DH gave his blessing for the deposit! Think we'll play Wonder Quest on this one? Hehehehe...

On our way to DTD...will be back on the boards tomorrow!!!!!

:wave2: Hi, Everyone! Count us in for 2010!! It's our first time cruising and we can't wait!

:cloud9:

I'm home. I don't want to be home but I'm home. Have a lot to catch up on, mostly sleep!!! Will upload pics and videos (I hope) tomorrow.

I had a blast!!! Can't wait for next year!!!

Of course I'm in!!!

Jeff- you over packed or Val over packed?

George - if Mindy doesn't need you, I'll be your wine wife.

Hi Don:love::love:

Ok I have got to pack. Heading back home tomorrow.

To all those joining us on 2.0, welcome and posting lessons start on Monday. Hang on to your hats it's gonna be a bumpy ride. Also, it's not being on page one, it's where you end up in overall post count. Just ask Todd.

We are really considering going. We'd love to join the other DISers on the cruise, but have a few dozen questions. Which I'll wait patiently for Tracy to return from vacation to ask. Then there is the whole how crazy would we have to be to take 3 20 month olds on a cruise and a couple days in WDW thing.

Maybe there should be a thread just for people who are looking for roommates.
Ask and you shall receive: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178292
Umm...How did we go the entire cruise without meeting? Were you afraid I was carrying a gun?
:rotfl2:I was thinking the same thing! I started to get a complex. DH even bought a special shirt literally just to wear when he met you. He was so disappointed to have not been able to shake your hand (and show you his shirt!)
To all those joining us on 2.0, welcome and posting lessons start on Monday. Hang on to your hats it's gonna be a bumpy ride. Also, it's not being on page one, it's where you end up in overall post count. Just ask Todd.
I'm so screwed when Todd gets home. Maybe I should stop multi-quoting now so I stand a chance later.

I have the video of this! :banana:

I know I am not coming in with the popular vote from teachers, but we took DD15 out of 9th grade for podcast cruise 1.0 (4 days missed) and the world is still turning. She had a blast and made some friends on the ship - most importantly, she now understands why I am so obsessed with the podcast.
That's pretty much how we feel too. It didn't take much arm twisting for DW to say yes. We've added our names to the waiting list. Tracy is going to be busy when she gets back from vacation.

However, I usually book the least expensive cabin, because I don't spend a lot of time there.

I am in agreement. I am hoping to be "out there", not in the room.

DCL is a high quality product. Rates are higher than other cruise lines for a good reason. I want a high quality cruise, but on a librarian's budget. The money saved by booking an inside room goes towards airfare, or a few days at WDW before the cruise.

That said, what are the chances of booking a cat 11 room and getting a free upgrade to a room with a window? Or a balcony?!

p.s. - I will be posting on the roommate (frugal, please) wanted board.

I'm hoping to make it on this cruise. I need to figure out the roommate situation. I met TXYankee at lunch the other day but she can't really commit at this time. So I have posted on the Roommate thread also. Really would like to make it happen this time around.

here's a question for you...we re-booked while on the ship...do we have to fill out the paperwork with dreams (the new link to book the cruise 12-10) or does Tracy have that info already ??

We are in!!!! Just signed up the the Podcast Cruise in Dec. 2010.
Only 19 months to go!

Bannermouse

I may be in trouble with these pictures. :lmao:

But, I do like to have fun! And it was fun. For the YMCA, this guy just came up and asked if I wanted to do the YMCA on stage. Of course I said YES!!!!!

The rest is history. :thumbsup2

Oh, no, he did not just come up and ask you. FIRST you were dancing on the dance floor having all sorts of fun. Because you were having so much fun dancing on the floor you got picked. I had fun watching you :) Great job, Chris!

Wow, I can't believe there is already a thread on this! Sorry to say I'm going to have to sit this one out. Happy posting everyone!

I am spying already!

Unless my parents want to be REALLY generous for my 21st/22nd Birthday present, it's just not gonna happen! (Or i happen to win one :rolleyes:)

I might be able to be in Disney around that time, but just listening to the cruise podcast is making me want to go to the point of tears!

Uh oh - I wasn't thinking about the Wonder's repositioning cruise early in 2011 through the Panama Canal when I got excited about the Podcast cruise. Hmmmmm - decisions, decisions!

here's a question for you...we re-booked while on the ship...do we have to fill out the paperwork with dreams (the new link to book the cruise 12-10) or does Tracy have that info already ??

Tracy should already have it. I didn't get all the confirmations but I'm contacting DCL to get the ones that are missing. I'll send out notices when I get them all entered.

I'm in! We've deposited but not 100% sure we're going yet...but DH gave his blessing for the deposit! Think we'll play Wonder Quest on this one? Hehehehe...

On our way to DTD...will be back on the boards tomorrow!!!!!

Let's talk about this "Wonder Quest" game......:rotfl:

Hello all 1st time cruiser here. I am so excited:cheer2:, but I know this will be a veryyyyy loonnngggg 19 months. :bored:

Can any of you expert cruisers recommend any books to read up on? :listen:
Should I order the DCL dvd?
That way I can watch it everyday till we leave! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter