PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by Cherinva, Mar 25, 2011.

1. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If you are part of the DIS group, Tracy has posted that our rotation will be ERAERRA.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PDJPrinceCharming

PDJPrinceCharming <font color=peach>I'll be easy to spot. Come & say

I saw Tracey posted dining rotation, I didn't see a concrete list for what was Formal, Semi-Formal & Pirate Night. Once I get that information i'll try for Palo cancellations.

4. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

unless our cruise is different for some reason the western B dining rotation is:
    rotational
    rotational (formal)
    rotational
    prince and princess
    pirate menu (pirate night)
    captains gala (semi formal)
    see you soon

heres a good link for pictures of the menus :)
    http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931947

5. Anonny

Anonny Mouseketeer

As exciting as it is to get the cruise docuemtents, even without them, I know I am sailing! I remember looking at the packet last time as I was packing and realizing that that paperwork could stay home.

6. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Makes no difference to me, as I will probably wear black pants and a top to dinner every night. :teeth:

7. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

I agree. We pull out the luggage tags & that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. Euphscott

Euphscott DIS Veteran

Agreed!

Ours arrived last night - I pulled out the luggage tags and found nothing else of much usefulness. What WOULD be nice is if they listed our onboard credit balance - alas we have to wait until onboard for that information.

9. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

The cruise docs made it to central Illinois! :teeth: The postage alone on mine was $1.30, and my roommate's cruise docs were mailed to her in Tennessee. Add to that the cost of the materials times the number of cabins onboard times the number of ships times the number of cruises in a year...:faint: Hey, DCL - you could save some money if you went to e-docs like everyone else!

10. billwald

billwald http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor DIS Lifetime Sponsor

What about the 30% of Americans that don't have Internet?

11. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

I like the listing of stuff I've reserved. Put it on the door with magnets :)

12. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Any one who can afford to cruise on DCL can surely find a way to access the internet! I don't know how cruise lines that have e-docs do it, but they may charge to mail paper documents.

13. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Good point Bill. Maybe they could mail cruise docs only to those that haven't done OLCI by a certain date. It would still be a huge saving. :surfweb:

14. tink576

tink576 Think of the Happiest Thing

Or maybe have an option for e-doc vs. mailing, or a small discount/incentive for doing the e-doc. I can just see my grandmother trying to book one on her own and trying to explain to the librarian how she needs to do a finger thingie with the computer thing to make her cruise appear and having no success explaining what she needed help with. She couldn't send an email if her life depended on it, forget navigate the internet. If we didn't live locally to do it for her, I could only imagine how difficult it would be for her to access this on the internet on her own. She just doesn't see a reason to learn how to use a computer. So I can definitely see a purpose for mailing the documents in some cases.

15. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

My mom's last cruise was on DCL with me in Jan. 2008. She didn't have a computer, but she had me, and I took care of the online check-in. However, DCL mailed the cruise docs to each of us, since that is what they still do.

I saw an option on Princess a few years ago to choose between e-docs or mailed docs for a fee. Not sure how people were to choose though, since *I* read about it online! It's only in the last few years that things have changed from info sent in the mail to info sent via e-mail. For all I know, those people who book their cruises with brick and mortar travel agencies may still get paper docs.

16. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Sounds like my mom :). No matter how many times we show her, no matter how many times the computer guy shows her, she just doesn't get the internet. She uses her computer as a glorified word processor.

17. Euphscott

Euphscott DIS Veteran

I would imagine anyone this technology phobic has booked a cruise with a travel agent - they could easily handle that as the agents are all using technology to connect with DCL.

If I am a bean counter - I am making my marketing folks REALLY defend this cost. It's a big cost to do the little extra touch - but it's not really necessary.

On my last Carnival cruise - I printed my own luggage tags online! Small things add up to big savings - and we've all heard the DCL complaints about higher fees...

18. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

19. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

hoping someone on here will know..... I had read a while ago that you cant get pizzas anymore on the new ships at dinner....is this still true???? I loved my palo dinner 4 cheese pizza still dreaming of it :)

20. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

This is true. No pizza at Palo dinner on Dream or Fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

They have them at brunch if you are willing to switch!!

mmmm grape pizza