• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PoC refurbishment - opening temporarily for April 06?

Toulouse

Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them
We probably know by now that PoC is undergoing refurbishment from March-July 06 but I read somewhere it will reopen for the entire month of April and close again in May?

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

With us going from April 29-May 6th it will sure change our plans if we can get to the MK on the first two days of our trip if PoC will be open then...

That is what is being suggested. Right now the "official" word is still "peak spring season". I hope so because I'll be there on 4/26 and would love to ride it one last time before the new characters are added.

I don't know what MK's pirates schedule is, only Disneyland's, but this doesn't make any sense at all.

They're redoing a bunch of animatronics and adding effects. I don't see how they could stop in the middle of that and reopen for a month.

We were in MK for the beginning of MArch and we were told that PoC will be open for Easter weekend and then close again until summer. Hope this helps.

It will definetly be open for Easter week (they have already told MK CM's of this)... I have heard it will be the entire month of April, but not from anyone in the park or from Disney. As far as the question about "how they can do that"... They are doing the "ride rehab" first...flume work, building upgrades, etc. They will then open for a short period to ease the holiday crowds and then close again to add the new animatronics and finish the rest of the rehab...They have not begun adding anything new to the ride, just working on basic refurb in order to be able to stop, reopen and then start again.

Here's what I was told by someone who works at the WDW maintenance shops. The first part of the refurb is general, sprucing up, repairing, etc. Then it's supposed to open for the Easter crowd. When it closes in late April/early May they're going to work on the new effects and install the new AAs.

This would be awesome. We're going April 23-29 and I was so so bummed that my favorite ride at Disney would be out of service while we were there. Fingers crossed it's open while I'm there!

Hmm, now see at DL, they had already pulled figures out before they closed the ride to get started on the update, so I would assume that even if it's open, It will be missing pieces.

And since WDW's ride is already missing a big section of ride, that can only be a bad thing.

Head from a CM that the Black Pearl may be installed in time for the April reopen! :woohoo:

No problem!! Everything looks so strange with the lights on, and the canal empty

I thought someone posted on the DIS boards that they are taking out the scene with the redhead. I hope it's not true-I love how it is not PC!

You can see the WDW attraction work schedule in one of the pics from the above link. Notice how there are three weeks in April greyed out. Looks like the ride will be open for a while in April...

You can also see the list of scenes being worked on.

HorizonsFan said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all of those dates say dd/mm/05?

Yup, 2005 it is. Makes since that way the dates shown are Fridays not Mondays. It would still be nice if it was open this April. I will be arriving on the 29th.

:teeth:

kimr210 said:
Yup, 2005 it is. Makes since that way the dates shown are Fridays not Mondays. It would still be nice if it was open this April. I will be arriving on the 29th.

:teeth:
HUH? How does this make sense? Please explain.
All I see is a year-old schedule. How does this apply to 2006?

When I was work I called during my break to check out the schedule for April 21-24.....after it gave MK hrs..it stated that POTC will be closed at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter