PO mugs

VA_mouseman

"Marching Along, We're Adventurers!"
When we were at POFQ on 2001, we picked up a few of the refillable mugs. We're planning on a return trip in 2004 to POR (unless the POFQ is refurbishment is complete by then and we'll return there!).

So, can I use the mugs we bought on our last trip, or is there an 'expiration' on them (calender year or otherwise)?

You'll get a variety of opinions on this topic. Some say they are good only on the trip when you purchased the mug. Others will say the mugs are good for a lifetime. I say its your call. If you want to buy new mugs, do so. If you want to bring yours back and use them again, then that's great too. If it were me I'd bring my old ones and use them again. Have fun!

The signs being posted at the beverage bars at the resorts now say the mugs are good for the length of stay when purchased. Also the new mugs are starting to have the year on it.

Will you be stopped when you use old mugs? Probably not. We love at them as souvenirs from our trip and buy new ones. We more than get our monies worth out of them.

As one of the posters said...you will get a variety of responses on this subject.

We just returned from POR and used mugs from 01 & 02 with NO problem.

We even noticed people using the old red / white DXL mugs.

We did take a walk thru OPR at CBR and did notice their mugs say "2003 - 2004" on them.

We will be back at POR for Thanksgiving. Unless something changes and POR decides to put dates on their mugs, you should and will have no problem.

Dumb question...I take it you buy these in the resort gift shops? Can you purchase them ahead of time and have it shipped to you, so you have it when you arrive?

You buy the mugs at the food court. I'm not really sure what you mean about having them shipped, do you mean shipped to your home? If you go to the food court and buy them as soon as you arrive you can start using them right away.

Ahh, that explains why we never found them last time...we never went to the food court! I'm the kind of person that gets so excited when we arrive - we check in, go to the bathroom, then it's off to a park! And every day, it was wake up to be at a park for opening, and stay until it closes. I never took the time to look for the mugs before (that's why I thought maybe I could have them sent to my home beforehand - so I'd have them!) I'd better slow down next time we go.:)

If you are never at the hotel anyway the mugs don't do you much good as they are only good at your hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts