plus size people

coach02

Earning My Ears
was wondering how plus size people fare with riding the rides. went to kings dominion last year in virginia and couldn't ride some of the rides because of size. please let me know? also anybody stayed at bonnett creek resort.
Thanx.

know that some of the rides...Hulk, Dueling Dragons...come to mind have rows with "larger" seats...not real sure which rows they are...just ask and I am sure they will tell ya

Good Luck

was wondering how plus size people fare with riding the rides. went to kings dominion last year in virginia and couldn't ride some of the rides because of size. please let me know? also anybody stayed at bonnett creek resort. Thanx.
On Dueling Dragons and Hulk, the "big boy" seats are located in rows 3 and 6 of each train...the seats have two buckles. On ROTM, the last row usually has more leg room than the others. I have to ride in the larger seats on the Hulk but am ok on the rest.

Alot depends on where and how you carry big. I am 5'11 and weigh 300 pounds and could not ride Hulk, Dueling Dragons,or Dr. Doom. I also had trouble with Mummy and Ripsaw Falls but squeezed in.I carry most of my weight in my stomach and chest.

When I was 325lbs I could fit on Hulk and DD in the "Big Boy" seats, (it was snug) but definitely not the regular seats. I cheated and had gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago (not sure if I've ever posted that on here before??) and have stayed right around 210. I could stand to lose a little more, but than my wife says I'll look "gaunt", so I have been staying around this weight, plus, I still love eating, just not near as much as before the surgery. I haven't had any complications, best thing I've ever done!

I thought I was going to have to stay on Ripsaw Falls for the day. The new lap bars made it difficult to get my 6'6" frame into the flume. Took extra effort to get my legs out.

Still got soaked :thumbsup2

:rotfl:
I thought I was going to have to stay on Ripsaw Falls for the day. The new lap bars made it difficult to get my 6'6" frame into the flume. Took extra effort to get my legs out.

Still got soaked :thumbsup2

:rotfl: I thought the same thing , I rode it before they had the lap bars but it was a tight fit for me, when we came to the end I started to get out and couldn't.Everything was wet and I couldn't get any traction so I looked up at this tiny young girl who was working the exit dock and told her I was stuck.The look on her face was worth a million dollars she had no idea what she would do to help this helpless fat guy get out of the log.Finally I got a little traction under my feet and popped out so all ended well.:lmao:

Has anyone had any difficulty requesting the big seats?

Has anyone had any difficulty requesting the big seats?
It's more difficult on Hulk since you can not pick your own row...unless it's extremely slow. Just tell the TM you need the larger seats and they will help you. On Dueling Dragons, you can pick which row you want to ride in. Make sure you pick row three or six and you should be fine. You may need to ask the people riding with you if they would mind but I doubt you'd have an issue.

To add to this question - how about on the "kiddie" rides. We'll be doing Jimmy Neutron, Simpsons, Toon stuff. Any idea of tight squeezes there?

I have ridden all the rides at US/IOA and do have to sit in the larger seats for Hulk and Dueling Dragons. I could not ride on Doctor Doom's Fearfall as they do not have modified seats. I agree that it truly does depend on how you carry your weight. I'm busty and tend to carry weight in my stomach. I was able to ride everything else without any issue. Including ROTM (just a lap bar, no shoulder harness/buckle), Jimmy Neutron, Simpsons, MIB, E.T., even WW Nuthouse Coaster at US. No issues at IOA for Spidey, Jurassic Park, Ripsaw, Bluto's Barges.

To add to this question - how about on the "kiddie" rides. We'll be doing Jimmy Neutron, Simpsons, Toon stuff. Any idea of tight squeezes there?
The Simpsons can be a tight squeeze especially if you're tall.

The Simpsons can be a tight squeeze especially if you're tall.

That's true. My DS is over 6' tall and his head hit the center console thing in the back seat. The TM kindly offered to move him when she noticed it.

Also when we went on Hulk we asked the TM for a larger seat and he directed us to row 6 no problem.

Now my tall husband (6'4") did have trouble on Jurassic Park ride. He could not sit straight ahead and had to angle his legs and the bar came down on top of them.

I carry my weight all in my stomach and hips mostly and I could not ride Jimmy Neutron as the bar cannot lock down far enough or Mummy, same issue even in the big boy seat in back :sad2:

You can always sit up front in Jimmy Neutron in the non moveable seats but you lose the motion with the screen the other seats have.

They refer to them as "modified" seats.

And there is only ONE per row, so if you and your spouseish are both "modified" you will sit several rows apart. :sad2:

Hulk, DD, Doc Doom, all have seats you can try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter