plus size men's clothing help please!

razster

Proud Owner @ AKV - 16yr DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Posting on behalf of DH he wouldn't ask!

My DH is a big guy 6ft 6ish and wide as a bus ;) he has huge shoulders and we really struggle to find decent clothes to fit him.

He spends much of his life in formal suits which he has tailored but when we go on vacation he struggles to find appropriate and dare i say it "fashionable" clothes.

We are based in the UK which seems to deny any knowledge of men over 6ft and 44" chest!!

We will soon be heading back to the world and he would really like to hit the shops, especially some designer brands if possible which so far has been nigh on impossible. Without starting a rant why do stores think if you are a bigger than "average" you have no style sense! :mad:

So, can I have any tips and pointers, directions from all you great dis'ers please

He would love to head back from this trip with a new casual wardrobe any help appreciated :)

Thank you

There are two Casual Male Stores near WDW.

One is at the corner of International Drive and Kirkman Road and the other is at the corner of Orange Blossom Trail and Sand Lake Road.

They also have a website:

http://www.casualmale.com/store/en_US/index.jsp

For a more "upscale / designer" feel try this website:

http://www.rochesterclothing.com/store/en_US/index.jsp

There is also B&T Direct:

http://www.btdirect.com/store/en_US/index.jsp

And also the King Size Company

www.KingSizeDirect.com

Also...most Dillard's department stores have a Big and Tall department.

Hope that helps.

I order from catalogue companies and have it delivered to our hotel.
(in our case from Lands End, as DH is very very tall, but not very wide. I don't know if they also have large clothes. DH lives in Lands End khakis and polos)

I've also bought DH clothes at Casual Male (at the one on I-Drive). They have a pretty nice selection of casual clothes (hence the name).

Does your husband wear large shoes? If so, Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack carry a good selection (my DH wears American size 15).

Kevin you are a gem! Thanks so much we will look these places out.

Is there ever any chance of bigger sizes at the outlet centres?

Thank you :flower3:

Thanks Beth will google lands end too, also yes n&n sound like they worth a look.

Thank you

Here is another shoe possibility...

http://www.shoesxl.com/store/en_US/index.jsp

Unfortunately.....I dont know of any of the outlet stores that carry Big and Tall clothing.

Finding shoes in bigger sizes, while not easy, is not impossible.

The sport shoe outlets usually carry bigger sizes, but it can be hot or miss.

regarding Rochester - i've never bought from the catalogue, but i've bought DH a lot of things at their store in detroit.
They're pretty expensive, but they carry higher quality clothing.

they have a branch in london - i bought a few things there a few years ago, but the clothing in that branch is MUCH more expensive than in the detroit store (which itself isn't cheap).

i haven't looked online, so i don't know how the prices are there..

Thanks Beth will google lands end too, also yes n&n sound like they worth a look.

Thank you

by the way, Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack are two different stores.
Nordstrom is the regular store (it's a department store like macy's)
Nordstrom Rack is their outlet store....or where they send their old merchandise to be sold at reduced prices..

they usually have a good selection of big shoes there....
i've bought DH and DS tons of nice shoes there over the years, including ecco...
also sport shoes...

I use to go to Sears but since the Kmart buyout - they selection are rather limited.

But when I complained to a Sears Sales Associate, she recommended JC Pennys. Penny's department was small but really diverse. They had a good mix of business, business casual and casual wear.

I can vouch for Casual Male as well good selection and something you need is always on sale!

Dillards had a good selection but haven't been there for a couple of years.

Thank you to everyone who responded all of your answers are very much appreciated.

We will follow up on everyone of the suggestions.

Thanks again.

NC Beast is 6'5 and wears a 15 wide shoe. He has been finding Belk (www.belk.com) as a source for some of his pants, jeans, polo shirts, and belts. We also like Causal Male, JC Penny (online), and Nordstrom Rack.

However, we usually have to order his shoes and find that Amazon and Shoebuy.com as having the best selections and various price points.

NC Beast is 6'5 and wears a 15 wide shoe. He has been finding Belk (www.belk.com) as a source for some of his pants, jeans, polo shirts, and belts. We also like Causal Male, JC Penny (online), and Nordstrom Rack.

However, we usually have to order his shoes and find that Amazon and Shoebuy.com as having the best selections and various price points.

yes, if you wear wide (or narrow) shoes, it's much more difficult..
DH wears a medium, so for him it's not as bad...
DD has the worst of it when it comes to shoes...she wears a size 11 triple A - pretty much impossible to find at any store...there's lots of size 11, but they're all medium or wide...nothing super narrow...

As another UK Diser, have you heard of the company Jacamo? I have heard they do some big and tall mens clothing online. I have no personal experience, but a friend of mine says they are fairly good.

My DH is 6'6'' and this is always a problem for us too. He also tends to live in Lands End khakis and polos. Sometimes I can find vacation wear for him at Penneys. I often find that the stores with Big and Tall departments carry more of the "big" than the tall. I will check out the links others have posted. Thank you!

They often have larger sized Men's clothing and shoes at Marshall's. This is a discount type store and they have them in Florida. They have large sized, up to 5X polo shirts.

They often have larger sized Men's clothing and shoes at Marshall's. This is a discount type store and they have them in Florida. They have large sized, up to 5X polo shirts.

yes, i've found stuff at Marshalls for DH...reasonaby priced, but a small selection....

I totally agree with Casual Male for Men's clothing in "Real" men's sizes (at least the men in my life ;))

I don't know what we would do with out theem for my DS.
Make sure you get on their mailing listand e-mail list. Make sure to do both. They regularly will send out $20 off coupons for purchases over $75. They can be used in the store and on-line. Also, we may get a coupn by e-mail and one by mail that at the same time that have the same barcode numbers but the stores still allow us to use both. We just split up the purchases.

FYI...be very careful if you ever make a return to casual male and double check to make sure you are refunded/credited the correct amount. I can't tell you how many times their computer has shorted us and we always return with a receipt. You just have to catch it and bring it to their attention.:thumbsup2

p.s. as i stated in another thread...sorry about all the typos as I just got home from work. I work swing at AAA and had a vey busy 8 hour shift and my hand are rather achy from the constant typing (arthritis). Thanks.

Shannon

DH and DS have had great luck with shopnewbalance online. Lots of wide shoes available. :goodvibes

We have a new place here in the KC area called The Foundry. We haven't checked it out yet but DH will need some swim trunks before we go to the world week after next.

They seem kinda upscale but DH likes stuff like that...

www.thefoundrybigandtall.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter