Pls recommend a non character, kid friendly, TS Epcot Dinner...

KJO516

Earning My Ears
Traveling with DH, DS 7, DD 4 and my parents end of April. We have enough character meals planned for the week, need a nice family friendly Epcot dinner spot. No buffets, please.

*Someone mentioned we might be there during Flower/Garden week, so if that should impact my ADR, please let me know.

TIA! : )

It's hard to say without knowing what your family likes. Take a look at the menus at allears.net and see what appeals to you.

I haven't been to either myself so I can't vouch for the quality, but:

1 )Teppan Edo, in Japan, is hibachi. I know the showmanship of hibachi is a hit with my 6-year-old daughter and has been for a few years.

2) The Coral Reef is supposed to be very pretty, with a floor to ceiling aquarium wall. If you're kids like fish (either to eat or to watch), that's probably a good bet.

We're taking my 5 year old to Marrakesh, Rose and Crown, Coral Reef and Akershus. Those appeal to the whole family. She's most looking forward to Coral Reef.

All restaurants in the World Showcase have a children's menu and are I would verge to say all but Monsieur Paul are family friendly. Even Monsieur Paul is family friendly but it is a little more upscale than most families would want after a day at the parks.

Tappen Edo is fun but just know it is communal seating. With a party of 6 you may have a party of 2 seated with you.

We love Via Napoli but do know that if you have a picky eater their pizza is flat Italian style and sometimes the sauce is runnier than American pizza.

What exactly are you meaning with family friendly as that would help us make suggestions. I personally find all of the restaurants including Le Celliar family friendly except like i said Monsieur Paul.

We ate at Teppan Edo with my niece and nephew once and they really enjoyed the "show" and the food. They were 4 and 5 at the time.

Most all of the Disney restaurants are kid friendly, even in the World Showcase. That being said, Biergarten has always been my boys' favorite. The food is good, the atmosphere is cool, and they love the oompah band! Although, if German is not your thing, San Angel in Mexico is cool too, but I'm not crazy about the food there. And besides, we can get Mexican food anywhere.

We love Biergarten (but it's a buffet!), Via Napoli, and San Angel. Rose and Crown is nice, too.

The only ones we have not cared for are La Hacienda and Chefs, really.

San Angel Inn for ambiance (you eat in the temple and see the boats for the Mexico ride).
Biergarten for fun times and experience (buffet with lots of varied offerings, big beers and an 'oompa' band with sing-alongs and dancing).
Chefs de France for a "fine dining"-esque experience that's still laid back (white tablecloths, 'fancy servers', but still lively and OK to be a little noisy - also, the macaroni gratin may be my favorite dish in all of EPCOT).

Our kids have always enjoyed Teppan Edo. If yours have never been to a habachi grill, this would certainly be fun and entertaining for them and feel very different than the character meals.

The ones we've experienced - Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia, Biergarten, Rose and Crown - have all been good family choices. Biergarten is a buffet. If you choose R&C ask for a table outside by the water. If it's purely for the kids and the entertainment then you can't miss with Teppan Edo.

Traveling with DH, DS 7, DD 4 and my parents end of April. We have enough character meals planned for the week, need a nice family friendly Epcot dinner spot. No buffets, please.

*Someone mentioned we might be there during Flower/Garden week, so if that should impact my ADR, please let me know.

TIA! : )
<in no particular order>
Coral Reef - the wall of aquarium is fun. Some complain about the food, but we enjoy it.
Teppan Edo - we do the 'live hibachi thing' where we live, so we avoid it at Disney, but it's fun for the kids.
Via Napoli - just looking at the humongous pizzas are fun. Some think it's expensive for pizza, but it's fairly priced when looked at 'per person'.
San Angel Inn - overlooks the boat ride in Mexico. I barely remember my meals since they serve excellent margaritas.
Sunshine Seasons - not your typical cafeteria and the kids don't have to sit through an extra table service experience.
Biergarten - buffet. Ompah music makes it fun too.

-- Avoid Nine Dragons.

I'd say Via Napoli or Coral Reef would be the biggest hits with your kids. Maybe Teppan Edo if the food would be something they'd eat, and maybe San Angel Inn if they would enjoy the food. It just depends on how picky they are (if at all).

My kids' (ages 7 and 10) favorite is Tokyo Dining. Obviously a very specific menu, but they love sushi/sashimi. The hosts are engaging, making little origami cranes, my son liked the sushi demonstration, and I found it had a great, peaceful vibe. We have also taken them to Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and Restaurant Marakesh (that one was awful!), and Via Napoli, but Tokyo dining is the only repeat they have ever requested.

They are all family friendly! I would look at the menus and see what appeals to you. We really like Via Napoli, Spice Road and Tokyo Dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter