Plethora of Taxes on Your Bill??

JRawkSteady

Mousecessed DIS Veteran
We had been using our room charge via MagicBands throughout the trip and we just got the printout of our charges today via email.

Even though we were completely paid up for our hotel BEFORE we went down to WDW, does anyone know why there are random additional Tourist Dept., Florida, State, and Orange County taxes added to the bill throughout our stay. They add up to nearly $160!! I've never had to pay ANY additional taxes after we had paid up, so this confuses me immensely! I've never added a card to my account, because we had never done any kind of room charge before, so there was never a charge when we left the hotel.

Before I call them, do you guys know what this is all about? Thanks so much!!!

The way my bill was display, it shows the amount you paid for the resort room as a credit at the beginning of the statement. The room and associated taxes are billed against that amount for each day you are there. You have always paid those taxes. They were just built into a total that was not itemized such as you see now.

If you use your magicband to make additional purchases, those amount show up on the appropriate date as well. Thus, you come to the end of the bill with an amount owed. That amount appears to be charged to your credit card on file.

Oh, I see now! Thanks! :thumbsup2 Now I just have to do some addition to make sure everything is correct (which I'm sure it is, now that you explained it).

I do wish I could have a printout with JUST the room charges, but I can break this up myself now.

Thanks for clearing this up!!

Oh, I see now! Thanks! :thumbsup2 Now I just have to do some addition to make sure everything is correct (which I'm sure it is, now that you explained it).

I do wish I could have a printout with JUST the room charges, but I can break this up myself now.

We stayed DVC on our first two trips, so the folio at the end with the room charges we made during the trip was fairly straight forward. In June, we did a last minute trip with a friend and stayed at POR. I was totally confounded when I saw the bill. Since we were splitting costs and I had an extra night in the room, but she had made the reservation and paid the deposit, it made it pretty confusing to figure out how to split everything properly. I ended up making up an Excel spreadsheet to help me through it!

The bills at the end make little sense. I've had CM's had trouble explaining them to me and they see them multiple times a day!!

The CM's hate the way the receipts are broken down, too. ;)

Are the resorts not giving out the itemized bills/ receipts anymore? I know I had always gotten them when I went down to the concierge.

Are the resorts not giving out the itemized bills/ receipts anymore? I know I had always gotten them when I went down to the concierge.

Yes, they're still issuing itemized recepits, but their format is very confusing.

You can elect to have your room bill delivered to your email as a PDF file as well.

Good reason for us not to have room charging privileges - DH would not be a happy camper!

But these aren't extra charges. It's the room costs, broken down. It should come out to zero (plus the other stuff they bought) once they work it out. We've had no charging to our room but we still get a receipt like that for room only stays.

You can elect to have your room bill delivered to your email as a PDF file as well.

I think that's what the op got.

We are renting DVC points for our stay at AKL in 2 months....we shouldn't see any charges like these on our "bill" at the end of our stay, correct??? :confused3

Tormania said:
We are renting DVC points for our stay at AKL in 2 months....we shouldn't see any charges like these on our "bill" at the end of our stay, correct??? :confused3

You're not renting from Disney. You're renting from an individual.

No additional taxes or charges.

The bills at the end make little sense. I've had CM's had trouble explaining them to me and they see them multiple times a day!!

The CM's hate the way the receipts are broken down, too. ;)

Well, as an accountant, I can see why the taxes are listed separately. Disney (or any other vendor) collects the tax from the customer and then has to turn around and pay the state or county or whatever. State tax forms are not all the same and some can be quite nasty to figure out. By having everything broken out in their accounting system makes it much easier to file the tax forms (which Disney probably does every month). That's why tax is a separate line on just about everything such as food bills and grocery receipts.

. . . I've had CM's had trouble explaining them to me and they see them multiple times a day!! . . . The CM's hate the way the receipts are broken down, too. ;)

1) I am glad *most* bills are questioned to Front Desk people and not us Concierge.
2) At times, they are
. . . long
. . . complicated
. . . involved
. . . typically not logical
3) People, and many CM's, have trouble understanding them.
4) Unfortunately, a good cause for complaints from guests.

But these aren't extra charges. It's the room costs, broken down. It should come out to zero (plus the other stuff they bought) once they work it out. We've had no charging to our room but we still get a receipt like that for room only stays.

Oh, I know that they are not extra charges, but DH just likes to have a $0 bill when we check out and that $160 or so would just remind him of the taxes and I want him to have forgotten all about that when we leave.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter