PLEASE! Whistle while you work …… Update Day 6 - 06/16

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by dizneeat, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Toria

Toria It all started with a mouse

I am really enjoying your TR. Looking forward to the rest.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Oh please tell me what you thought , any pix ???

4. englishrose47

I am hoping to have shopping time !!! Karin has given me some ideas for shopping too!!!

5. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

What a beautiful day... although it looks a tad windy for sure! Lots of people in the pool though! I think I would have been more like you and bundled up in a sweatshirt!

Dinner looks amazing. (as all your meals do on your cruises) Grand Marnier is one of my favorite liquors. I think I would just about die to have the soufflé.

Breakfast would seem a bit awkward with the poor server.

Happy Easter!!

6. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Karin,Rosie, and Christine~I adord the Easter "cards" :goodvibes

Hoppy Easter to everyone celebrating today!!

7. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

There are lots of photos in Jen's (jenseib) trip report, Rosie. The link is in her signature, it's the "The places we go ..." one!

Mary Ellen, ever since the first time we decided to get one, we HAD TO get another one. I know the price is steep, but it is just so awesome to sit up there and relax, being able to get a drink out of the fridge, fruit and snacks on hand, hammock without having to fight for it. It is such a treat!

More coming up shortly! :thumbsup2

The straw market is fun, Rosie, just be aware of pickpockets. ;)

Rosie, the link is in the signature! :thumbsup2

8. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Thank you, Tammie! Hope you had a wonderful Easter too! :goodvibes

Thank you, Christine! Hope your Easter was extra special too! :goodvibes

I am glad you enjoy it! Lots more to come ......... pretty soon! ;)

It was a really nice day at Nassau! And since it was so cold and wintery at home, it felt double special! :goodvibes

Yes, breakfast was a bit odd. Especially since I didn't even recognize the server at first sight. :scared1:
    He didn't seem all that disappointed, once we told him that we had bonded with Ana so much on previous cruises. And he got a nice big tip at breakfast as well. ;)

Thank you, Jeanette! Tom does quite a good job creating those cards. ;) :thumbsup2

9. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Just have to share this one with you all! ;)

[​IMG]

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 4, February 19

[​IMG]

“I could get used to this!” - part 2

There, our Cabana host was already waiting. We hopped into the golf cart and off we went. It’s such a short drive that getting on and off takes longer than the drive itself and we were at our “home” Cabana.

[​IMG]

I say “home” Cabana because out of all the times we had had one, we only once had to get another one. We walked inside, our host explained everything and off he went again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after expecting everything and enjoying the view,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we both picked a drink out of the fridge

[​IMG]

and relaxed in our home for the day. After we had quenched our thirst we walked down to the sea’s edge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and stuck a toe in.

[​IMG]

And BOY, it was cold! But we were determined to go in, one needs to get in some swimming in the ocean in February.
    The beach was very empty, just a few people enjoying it and we walked back to our Cabana to take off our T-shirts and shorts and then we sat in the sun for a while.
    But not for too long, as the ocean was calling our names.

To be continued ...........

10. englishrose47

I see you are in jeans !!!What was the Temp there ?? The Cabana looks awesome as ever !!

11. englishrose47

I am having a hard time finding jens TR that includes astaria gardens !!! What is the title or can someone link me ???

12. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

We usually wear jeans going out to Serenity Bay. I refuse to walk out there in my swimsuit. :rotfl2:
    Weather was nice and beautiful, Rosie, around 25° C!

Rosie, I pointed out Jen's trip report in my replies to you! She posted on the previous page. Her screen name is jenseib! Go back one page, go to her post and the link is in her signature. It is called "The places we go, the people we see". Click it, and it is towards the end of what she has posted so far.

13. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh the cabana looks wonderful

It must be so relaxing to have one for the day - I can't imagine there are ever any left for Silver CC members but you never know :)

14. Teri1

Teri1 DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Karin and Tom! Love your CC update, the pics are so beautiful.

15. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

That cabana looks amazing! But even more amazing are your pictures of the empty beach. It just looks so beautiful. Can't wait!

16. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I'm not sure if you found it, but it's the firs link in my signature. Just click on "oh the places we go"

17. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Karin and Tom.

18. A&A'sGrammy

A&A'sGrammy Family 1st or is it Disney 1st!

I know you both love your cabana but to be honest.......I really don't see the point! I must be missing something.!!

19. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

It is an awesome treat, Linda, and has done wonders for my eyes. Getting out of the sun really helps them to "recover".
    And I WAS able to score one as a silver CC member ..... so there IS hope! :thumbsup2

Teresa, I hope your Easter was wonderful too!
    Not much longer and we will all be back to CC! :cloud9:

The privacy of the Cabana is amazing ...... and so is the ability to have unlimited towels, especially the cold ones out of the fridge! :thumbsup2
    The beach becomes more crowded during the day, especially on the 4 day DREAM cruises, but it was never as full as the family beach.
    I am sure you are SO going to love CC.

Jen, I pointed out the link several times AND the title ;) :lmao: and Rosie has found it ....... she commented on it on one of my other threads. :rotfl:

Thank you, Kathy! :goodvibes

20. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 4, February 19

[​IMG]

“I could get used to this!” - part 3

But not for too long, as the ocean was calling our names.
    Again, it felt pretty cold the first few steps, but the further we went in the more bearable it became.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then while we walked into deeper water I noticed something round and dark in the water. Was that a stingray? Tom went closer to it and really it was a stingray. Our water camera came in very handy, he took a few photos, before Mr. Ray decided it was time to head somewhere else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we kept on walking and swimming until we reached the little bank of sand further out.

[​IMG]

We sat on the bank, the water up to our shoulders

[​IMG]

and looked back at Serenity Bay and our Cabana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and just enjoyed being at our happy place. We sat and enjoyed the ocean for quite some time until we felt getting cold. Further towards the beach we started to swim and walk. It took quite some time to get back to the beach and we hurried up to our cabana, took a quick shower and grabbed a towel to dry ourselves off.
    Once we had dried off sufficiently, we sat in the sun and looked down at the beach and saw a bar server coming our way. Tom waved at him and he headed up to our Cabana. We placed our order and he let us know it would take a little while, since the computers were still not working and they had to do the orders by hand. We didn’t really mind, we had a nice soft seat in the sun and enjoyed that a lot.
    Tom tried the hammock for a while until our drinks arrived.

[​IMG]

And after adding a little tip for the server we sat on the patio, Tom enjoyed his

[​IMG]

Corona and I enjoyed

[​IMG]

my Konk Kooler, made with rum, coconut, pineapple and orange juices, and passion fruit. There were some grapes and an apple for Tom and we munched some chips as well. It was just wonderful sitting in the sun, beverage in hand and enjoying the day.

[​IMG]

Drinks done we decided to slowly walk along the water’s edge to the barbeque for some lunch.

To be continued ...........

21. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

now that's my kind of beach day!! :cloud9: