please tell me realistic price for food....

Misty89

DIS Veteran
i keep going over this and DH and I starting to stress just a bit over money for this trip, not sure why everything is paid for except food and sovies so even if were we short of teh projected budget we would just eat cheaper.....but tell me what you would expect to have for $$ for food .

arrival day....

B- airport/ airplane
L- orlando ( that suggestion for golden coral sounds like the ticket)
D-Ohannas ( if can get resie tuesday)

day 2-

B- hoping for chef mickeys, if not food center at CR
L - snacks ( or none- late breakfast early dinner)
D - CP ( again, depends if we get PS) mvmcp night

day 3 ( leave for offsite hotel)

B - food court CR / CRT
L - orlando /
D thikning about trails end, but probly in orlando

day 4
B hotel ( buffet)/CRT
L - mcdonalds LOL ( right next to our hotel)
D - orlando

day 5

B - hotel / CRT
L mgm counter service
D way back to hotel - orlando?

day 6

B- hotel
L- earl of sandwhich
D - orlando

taking into consideration that the parks close early or we will be leaving around 6 most days...so majority dinners out out of parks
and / is CRT, we are going to base MK #2 day around when i cn get CRT...planned out 3 days of trying because of how hard it is to get.
on MK day we would eat at caseys corners for lunch....already know thats the best $25we spend for lunch :) - enjoyed last year :)
we are planning $1000 i did not list snacks ---
we are HUGE snack eaters....so allowing plenty for that also.

thank you

Tina

Since you're "huge snack eaters" and you also mentioned Casey's Corner...one of our most favorite snacks for parade watching is to go get an order of fries and a little cup of cheese sauce from the condiment bar. One order is enough to share for two of us and it really tastes good when you're hungry for a snack!...and I think it's only about $1.90 if I remember correctly.

One easy way to save some $$ at Casey's (unless your family is very picky about each "having his/her own order") is to not let your eyes be bigger than your stomach when you first order your food...most of the time (with us anyway) the french fries are way too much and we end up throwing some of them away. We have learned that 1 order of FF per 2 orders of hot dog works out pretty well, so we order 2 combos and 1 (or 2 on occasion) hot dogs (ala carte), 2 cups of icewater, split the drinks, supplement the soda with the ice water after the soda is gone, and split the FF (which we always dip in the cheese sauce provided at the condiment bar.

I know it sounds complicated but it isn't and everyone gets plenty to eat. Of course everyone knows that if, at the end of the meal, anyone is still hungry he/she can go order more of anything...but it hasn't happened yet lol!

WE are 3. Mom,Dad,17 yr.old DD. It was easier for me,mom,trip planner, to figure out how much I wanted to spend per day,for 3.

I figured $100. a day.

We ate a lot of breakfasts in our room. But we did 2 char. breakfasts and 1 char. lunch at MGM's Hollywood and Vine.
Most lunchs were at counter services.

We had 1 dinner at Hollywood and Vine, the rest were at at our resort counter service. Or off site.

The $100. a day WORKED VERY WELL!! Some we went over some days were under it worked out!!

I second,- www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm -to get a feel for for prices!!

i think $1,000 for a five day trip is more than enough... we're planning on $1,000-1,500 for an eight day trip and there are four of us, and we are all pretty good eaters...

as 2 adults we spent less than 100 a day but that was on purpose and budgeting...I think $50 per person would be pretty ample..however if you snack a lot, disney meals are large so you may find you don't need 3 meals a day,,we are not big snackers and usually just ate 2 meals a day cause we were getting sick of eating and basically never felt really hungry althought hubby threw a granola bar in his pocket every morning just in case ( plus he gets really crabby when he "thinks" he's hungry!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter