Please tell me June/July will be ok

thistledoo

Earning My Ears
Looks like our plans need to change. Originally we were planning to go to Disneyland early December this year, I was so excited to actually get there this year, but now DH has found out that he is not going to be able to get the time off, as it's works busy season. Time he can get off falls between March and early September.

I'm now planning for next year and was looking at the end of June/July, as my daughter will have 3 weeks off from school, and don't want to take her out as she will be in year 12.

I am also thinking of switching from Disneyland to Disney World.. I figure if DH is making me wait, I might as well do the full Disney thing :D! Am I crazy?? Is this doable? I know it's going to be hot and the crowds will be terrible...

Hoping to hear from anyone that has been at this time. Is the heat similar to north Queensland? We went to Cairns in December and had no problems, so if similar I'm sure we'll survive the heat side of it anyway. Thanks for any advice!

It is a horrible heat but you can plan your time to help overcome this.
Split your day up. Start your day off as early as possible at rope drop. Plan to be in indoor rides in the middle of the day or shows. A sit down meal booked for lunch can also make all the difference as you are taking a break from crowds and from the heat. Actually taking a break from the park in the middle of the day is also a great plan. Go back to your hotel, have something to eat, go for a swim, take a nap and go back in the late afternoon or evening.

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like it should be doable. Love the idea of planning indoor attractions during the day, wouldn't have thought of that. We'd also be able to make the most of the resort pool (or get some napping time in haha). On the plus side, the heat will mean the waterparks will be a hit :)

I wouldn't do Disneyworld in June / July! I've been too hot there in march and December. Disneyland on the other hand is perfectly pleasant at that time of year. And there are actually just as many attractions, just less spread out

I wouldn't do Disneyworld in June / July! I've been too hot there in march and December. Disneyland on the other hand is perfectly pleasant at that time of year. And there are actually just as many attractions, just less spread out
Thank you for the advice :) I haven't ruled out Disneyland just yet, mainly as it will be easier to get to, but I'm also looking at Orlando universal as I've heard their wizardarding world is much better. Big Potter fan here. DH loves the heat, I'll tolerate it, but need to be able to escape it at points during the day.

Thank you for the advice :) I haven't ruled out Disneyland just yet, mainly as it will be easier to get to, but I'm also looking at Orlando universal as I've heard their wizardarding world is much better. Big Potter fan here. DH loves the heat, I'll tolerate it, but need to be able to escape it at points during the day.
There is a Disney fan club expo on in July at Disneyland. I'm not sure what this does to the crowds but I'm going to find out as we are going !

If you are a HP fan you will love Wizzarding world at universal Orlando, it is so well done.

There is a Disney fan club expo on in July at Disneyland. I'm not sure what this does to the crowds but I'm going to find out as we are going !

If you are a HP fan you will love Wizzarding world at universal Orlando, it is so well done.
Is that D23? Not too familiar with the expo, will have to have a look into it. Can't wait to hear about your trip :)

Can't wait to experience HP, even if it does end up being the Hollywood version!

Is that D23? Not too familiar with the expo, will have to have a look into it. Can't wait to hear about your trip :)

Can't wait to experience HP, even if it does end up being the Hollywood version!
first time we went to USO was before Diagon Alley was open and we loved it, Hogwarts & Hogsmeade is fantastic, so while maybe not the whole HP experience, it is still a totally immersive HP world. I have tons of photos over on my trip report of WWoHP if you want to see.

yes D23 was the expo I was referring to. We have never been, but are really looking forward to it.

Harry Potter in Orlando is AMAZING, but it's not even the heat, it's the humidity. Well, it's the heat as well, but the humidity is really killer. Much as I love Harry, I think I'd probably die in June/July!

first time we went to USO was before Diagon Alley was open and we loved it, Hogwarts & Hogsmeade is fantastic, so while maybe not the whole HP experience, it is still a totally immersive HP world. I have tons of photos over on my trip report of WWoHP if you want to see.

yes D23 was the expo I was referring to. We have never been, but are really looking forward to it.

I have just quickly gone through your TR's, and your photos are great! Diagon Alley looks beautiful.... I want to go even more now if that was possible :). Will go through them in more detail when I get the chance. Hoping to hear all about D23 when you go!

Harry Potter in Orlando is AMAZING, but it's not even the heat, it's the humidity. Well, it's the heat as well, but the humidity is really killer. Much as I love Harry, I think I'd probably die in June/July!

I think I'm going to need to convince DH to leave his job so we can go in December like planned :rotfl2::D

We have been to the USA in june/july 6 times.... its the only time DH can be away from work as well.

Yes it is HOT but who cares?? :yay:

Seriously we have done WDW once in this time and it is really hot but as already mentioned you just need to take it into account.
Book lunches inside - go back to resort - wait and use attractions with air con all in the middle of the day. They very very very often have mid afternoon storms that only last a little while due to the humidity.

Go and enjoy

We have been to the USA in june/july 6 times.... its the only time DH can be away from work as well.

Yes it is HOT but who cares?? :yay:

Seriously we have done WDW once in this time and it is really hot but as already mentioned you just need to take it into account.
Book lunches inside - go back to resort - wait and use attractions with air con all in the middle of the day. They very very very often have mid afternoon storms that only last a little while due to the humidity.

Go and enjoy

Thanks for the reply!

The good thing is, DH loves heat and humidity (yes he's crazy) at least he'll be happy and, I'm mean I'd be in Disney!!!

I'm going to take your advice have the indoor lunches and then go back to the resort for the afternoon. I figure parks will be open longer then anyway so will make most of the night as well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter