Please tell me about good experiences at Caribbean Beach!

We have stayed at CBR seven times, once at POR, and are staying our 8th time at CBR in July. We love the resort. The landscaping with beautiful, tropical flowers is exceptional. CBR has white, sandy beaches with wonderful lounging hammocks and friendly ducks. The main pool is zero entry and very nice. There are also seven quiet pools throughout the villages. The food court has many options and the gift shop is great. We usually request the village Jamaica and it is a very short walk across the bridge to the main pool, food court, and gift shop. We actually like the largeness of CBR because it seems like there is not that many people vacationing at the resort. The rooms are large with two double beds with lots of storage room. Our rooms have always been clean at check in, and we have had good housekeeping throughout our stays. The bus service on the whole has been very good in all of our trips. We have had a couple of glitches but nothing that I am sure doesn't happen at other resorts. Have a great trip!

OK, this is really helping!:) I know my DS and DD would love the pirate ship pool! My biggest concerns had been dirty rooms, bus service, and walking distance, but it seems that they are all manageable.

Decisions, Decisions...

Thanks everyone... this board is so helpful!

If walking distance is at all an issue, pay the extra for a preferred room. I stayed at CBR in December, and even though I had a good non preferred location (Jamaica 44) I wished the whole time I had paid the little extra for a preferred location.

I love CBR!!! DH wants to do something different this year but I'm having such a hard time getting excited about POR, and I am very tempted just to go back to what I know I love!! It's so pretty and relaxing!! No bad experiences!

MidwestMulan said:
Hi All!

We are slated to go to WDW in August. We are currently booked at Pop. My hubby wants to upgrade to Caribbean Beach because of all the great pools and he thinks the theming looks great. (he's not as hip on POR... I already tried that.) I'm very nervous because of everything I've heard about the "dirty" rooms both here and on disunplugged. Can anyone tell me of good experiences they have had at CBR? I would just rather stay at Pop or go all out to AKL.:cool1:

What a small world, we are going to Disney in August and also were booked at Pop but after 3 days of research I finally decided to change to Caribbean beach. We really like Pop we stayed there in 2010 but I wanted to try someplace different. Someplace that would make us feel that we were on vacation when we weren't immersed with all things Disney. Kind of like an escape and a refuge

We stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins, ASR, CS, POFQ all nice, I stayed at POR it to was nice but not my style. I didn't like the look of Animal Kingdom Lodge so I decided against it, its too muted in its coloring. It was a toss up with Caribbean Beach and Wilderness Lodge and I picked Caribbean beach for the following reasons:

. The marina, the boats, beach with hammocks, bike riding, bigger rooms, sit down restaurant, beautiful landscaping with an island field and Caribbean music.

It was about $320 more than Pop which I think is fair. I was going to spring for the extra pirate rooms until I read they are so much further away from the main building.

Pop is great but it is SO Disney and like I said I kinda want a vacation on top of a vacation.

Good luck and have a magical vacation

I haven't been to CBR in so long... but I have a special place for it in my heart. We used to ONLY stay at CBR bc it was Dads fave. I loved it. It really made you feel like you were in the Caribbean with little hints and reminders that you are still in Disney. The pools really are nice. I loved the little food court. And the store. I have fond memories of it.

There are things about it that are better since it is a mod. If you are going during free dining you will get standard dining rather than the quick serve dining u get w Pop. If the $ isn't an issue, I'd say try it. You may like it!

I have stayed at both and loved both. The plus side for CBR is definitely the main pool. The pools at POP are very basic, even if they are themed, there are no slides, etc. However, that was my only issue with POP. The theming was cute and the buses were fantastic.

I would never stay at CBR without booking preferred. It's just too much walking for me, after I've been walking all day in the parks.

There were no issues for us with cleanliness at either resort.

I chose POR this year over CBR simply because the rooms at POR are refurbished and have queen beds. CBR will be our next resort after they finally get a refurb!

I only have good things to say about Caribbean Beach and all great memories there. The landscaping is beautiful and never had a problem with the rooms or the distance around the resort. The only reason we haven't stayed there recently is that we wanted to try new resorts. I almost booked our upcoming stay there but my sister and I wanted to try POR after reading about it.

For the moderates POR is our favorite (we love the beignets) ::yes::. CBR is our 2nd choice; never had a problem with any rooms we booked there.

Liking all of the positive comments on CBR. We are gonna be staying there in a little under 3 weeks!! Very excited!!

We loved our stay at CBR. Great pool theme. Nice overall Caribbean theme and décor. Some people think it's too big, but I enjoyed going for walks or runs around the loop.

It was a few years ago, but we really enjoyed our stay, even in the pirate rooms (which are often criticized for being far away with uncomfy beds-these were not problems for us).

Since I heard they are getting queen beds, I am seriously considering CBR for our next trip in 2 years. The rooms are larger than any other Mod. Given that we have a family of 5, this will come in handy. I am just not interested in trying POR until that is our only less expensive option (when our twins turn 3).

We had no room cleanliness or bus problems. :thumbsup2

We loved our stay at CBR. Great pool theme. Nice overall Caribbean theme and décor. Some people think it's too big, but I enjoyed going for walks or runs around the loop.

About the walks, our 5 year old really enjoyed the walks to the pool and food court because of all the wildlife!

we love cbr and have stayed at deluxe resorts as well, but we always miss cbr when we stay elsewhere. All our stays there have been great with no issues regarding the buses, housekeeping , food or anything else for that matter.This trip we are bringing my stepson and his family and it will be a first trip to disney for them I booked us all at cbr as I know they are gonna love it as much as dh and I do!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter