Please tell me about Artist Point

129hutch

Earning My Ears
Hubby and I will be at the World for our 16th anniversary in August. The first day we are not doing any parks so I want this to be our "romantic dinner" night.:lovestruc
We are staying at WL so I reserved Artist Point seeing as how convenient it would be. DH is a little bit of a picky eater but definitely loves meat and potatoes. Do you think this is a good choice? Any other recommendations instead.
Thanks for any advice,
Kim

I ate there in March and I loved it!!! The Filet was very good and the Portobello soup is honestly the best soup I have ever eaten! Ask for Donald as your server he was AMAZING really the best server I have ever had, he knew the menu and he had a passion for his job and Disney when you got him talking about both his passion was contagious!

I would rate it in one of my top 5 favorite restaurants on property :cool1:

We ate there last October. We ate at a signature restaurant every night of our trip and AP was the best meal we had on our trip. The service was excellent and the food was 5 star. The mussels appetizer was the best mussels I have ever eaten. My husband is also a meat and potato eater and agreed it was the best meal. The berry cobbler for desert was the heavenly.

I loved artist point. There is so much to look at and the ambiance is great. I had salmon, which was fantastic, but there was plenty of other things on the menu. Have a great time!

Our Ratings of Artist Point: (rev 3/21/2013)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: Artist Point has lately made several changes to revive
the quality of the food and service, and regained the reputation
of the past. It has now replaced Bistro de Paris on our list, and
we only eat at five of them.If you eat there, get a window table.
The view of courtyard and lake are grand and romantic at sunset
and after dark. The buffalo and chicken were VERY good and worth
all the talk. (Just make sure they cook the buffalo rare or med-rare.
Any more, send it back! It will be tough and tasteless !)

NOTE2: As with eateries, they do some things better than others.
In that light, I would skip the Prawn/Crab Pot and skip the Scallops.
They are basically average and not worth the time or expense. The
carpaccio is subpar as vension doesn't have enough fat marbling to
make it taste as good as Beef Carpaccio The filet and the lasagna
are good, but pedestrian, so also skip those. The other side of the
scale has the tasty King Salmon. For a heavenly treat, try the highly
prized Copper River Salmon which is available only during mid-May
to early-June.

It'll probably be the quietest restaurant and pretty romantic. It's really amazing. We decided to go back again this year for our 1st anniversary instead of trying something new because it was so good.

Hubby and I will be at the World for our 16th anniversary in August. The first day we are not doing any parks so I want this to be our "romantic dinner" night.:lovestruc
We are staying at WL so I reserved Artist Point seeing as how convenient it would be. DH is a little bit of a picky eater but definitely loves meat and potatoes. Do you think this is a good choice? Any other recommendations instead.
Thanks for any advice,
Kim

I think you made a great choice by choosing Artist Point. We loved the atmosphere and thought the filet and salmon were amazing :thumbsup2.

The best filet I've ever had was at Artist Point.

He should be happy with this choice. :thumbsup2

We went on our 10th anniversary.. They customized the menu with our names and dates.. The food was fantastic..

We LOVE Artist Point. Haven't dined there in probably 10 years :confused3 but when I asked my DH if he had any requests for dining this trip, he said Artist Point. So we are heading back for date night. The berry cobbler is wonderful. Just found out that you can also get it at the Territory Lounge. :thumbsup2

Artist Point is always on our list of must do!
Cedar Plank Salmon and Portobello soup are my favorites!!

Several years ago we were dining there in December when the Space Shuttle was having a night launch. We were able to see everything right from our table!

We make dinner reservations every trip! Had many excellent meals there!!! Food wonderful...service is excellent as well...See if you can get a table by the window, so pretty!

I ate there in March and I loved it!!! The Filet was very good and the Portobello soup is honestly the best soup I have ever eaten! Ask for Donald as your server he was AMAZING really the best server I have ever had, he knew the menu and he had a passion for his job and Disney when you got him talking about both his passion was contagious!

I would rate it in one of my top 5 favorite restaurants on property :cool1:

LOL totally agree about Donald -he is awesome and made our latest AP experience a great one:-) We had a very nice dinner here after a long haitus-feel free to check out my review:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/artist-point-dinner-review.htm

IMO, Artist Point is the most underrated signature restaurant (and one of the most underrated WDW restaurants period).

I've eaten there twice in the past year and a half and, both times, the food and service were fantastic.

On our last trip, we we're raving about our meal to some of the other passengers on the boat between WL and MK. The boat driver turned to us and, somewhat in jest said, "shh! You're letting the cat out of the bag on the best kept secret in Disney World."

Artist Point fits the décor of the Wilderness Resort. It has a woodsy, pacific northwest, feel to it. The wait staff for me at least is some of the best that I've ever had at Disney.

I agree with the previous posters in that you won't find much there you don't like, the steak is good, but the Salmon is the best! I LOVE THE COBBLER!

It's definitely a favorite.

We also ate there for our 10th anniversary and the atmosphere was quiet and romantic, the food was delicious, and the staff was friendly and efficient. We LOVED the Portobello soup and the Buffalo was excellent as well! My DH is a meat and potatoes guy and LOVED this restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter