1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Please recommend hotel for seniors

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Schmoodle, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Schmoodle

Schmoodle DIS Veteran

My 80YO parents, still active and healthy, have decided on a spur of the moment trip to WDW. They have not been since the early 90's, and that was a tag-along with the kids and grandkids, so they did not do any planning. They will only stay 2 nights and plan to visit Epcot only. They are leaving tomorrow, but won't arrive in Orlando until Thursday evening. They aren't so handy with the internet, so asked if I could recommend a hotel for them. My experience is mostly with time share condos in the area and Disney resorts. They do not want to stay on-property, and won't care about resort amenities/pools,etc. So basically they need a clean and comfortable room, convenient to Epcot, reasonably priced (under $100), and breakfast included is a plus.
    I'm frantically searching, but hoped Disers could provide some recommendations. I'm looking at Holiday Inn Main Gate and Radisson Celebration as frontrunners. Any thoughts?
    Thanks so much! They just sprang this on me this morning!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Schmoodle

Schmoodle DIS Veteran

Sorry! posted in the wrong forum. I've reposted in Orlando resorts thread, Mod, please delete this one.

4. plutolovr

plutolovr DIS Veteran

Since they're only visiting EPCOT I would definitely look into something at the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk. However, with this coming weekend being the Princess Half Marathon weekend I'm not sure how much availability there will be. Another option would be the Swan or Dolphin.