• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please recommend an external flash for XT

Daisy57b

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the Speedlights...what's the difference? The 430EX looks good to me...

Metz 54 MZ 4 is my current flash of choice. Even better than Canon's 580 EX.
It even has fill-in light so when you do bounce the flash to the ceiling, you'll still have a direct flash to fill-in directly on the subject.

297452_1_.jpg

yes, but the Metz 54 MZ 4 offers more than 580 EX and the price is only US$320 (I believe the 430 EX is US$300?)

Kelly, I wasn't comparing the Speedlites to the Metz. I was just answering her question about the different Speedlites. The 430 is about $225 after the $15 rebate and the 580 is about $360 after a $20 rebate.

edit: Oops, forgot to add the Metz 54 is about $290. I got all these prices at B&H Photo.

I bought the 430EZ for mine - very pleased with it, plenty of controls and powerful enough (for amatuer work); I would have liked fill-in but it was the extra cost and the few times I would use it (not a big portrait person!)

Neat unit, I would recommend it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter