Please reassure me about WL...

JJClemson

DIS Veteran
So DH and I are buying a house this year so we decided to switch to WL from Poly to save money. I am now regretting my decision and seond guessing myself! I have only eaten at WL and loved the lobby. Please tell me I'll love the rest of WL too :goodvibes

Thanks!

We just spent our honeymoon at the WL in Jan. It was wonderful. I don't know what time of year you are going, but it was nice to sit in the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace in the eve. Cast members were friendly and our room was spotless. We had a variety of towel animals during our stay. We played golf several mornings, and when we got back around noon our room was always cleaned. I was ill for a few days and when my DH told the concierge, they called me several times while he was out to see if they could bring me anything such as soda or spring water. Boat transportation was great to the MK; we never waited more than 5 minutes. We had a car and drove to the other parks so I can't tell you how the buses are. AP has become one of our favorite restaurants. We cancelled Yachtman's Steakhouse so we could eat at AP a 2nd time. We are currently booked at the Poly at AAA rate for our Dec trip but if AAA rate becomes available at WL for our dates, we will switch to WL.

I can tell you why we like the Lodge. The rustic appearance and even though it is a large building it stills feels cozy inside. When you look out at the lake from the pool area it feels like you are in the middle of nowhere but of course you are just a boat ride away from the MK. For us it's a great retreat from the hustle and bustle of the parks. And my personal favorite are the hot tubs!

We absolutely LOVE the Lodge, have stayed there twice, tried POP and POFQ too and loved POFQ but the Lodge has our hearts and it is where we are breaking the bank and returning again this summer. Love the coziness of it, "all under one roof" concept is wonderful, especially in June. Great restaraunts, theming, and pool. The boat to MK and the Contermporary resort is a huge plus for us too. I have tons of pics of it in our TR's below. You will have a GREAT trip, enjoy the lodge!
Lesley

We just got back from the WL a few weeks ago. We loved it there! The property is gorgeous and very relaxing! The rooms are very nice, they were just refurbished, but keep in mind they are quite smaller than the Poly's.

The pool area is terrific, and we really enjoyed relaxing in the hot tubs!

Also, the boat ride to the MK is very nice.

I am sure you will enjoy it there, it is a lovely resort!

So DH and I are buying a house this year so we decided to switch to WL from Poly to save money. I am now regretting my decision and seond guessing myself! I have only eaten at WL and loved the lobby. Please tell me I'll love the rest of WL too :goodvibes

Thanks!

We are in the same boat as you, we all love the Poly and stay there on every trip. We are now in the process of selling our current home and building a new one, I know I am going to want to replace some furniture, have to buy window coverings, etc.. so I want to save some money. The WL will save us approx. $1000 over our stay so that is what I booked. I think I finally have myself convinced that we are going to love it but my 6 year old is a different story she has been trying to convince me to switch back to the Poly ever since I made the ressie, LOL...

DH and I stayed there in Dec for our anniversary. It was so nice. It's the first resort I've actually relaxed and spent time in the room. The scenery is beautiful and in the morning overlooking the water and the pool is so peaceful. Taking the boat to MK was so much fun. We even hopped on a boat to the CR and then took the monorail over to Poly for O'Hana's one night. We had a wonderful time at WL.

:rolleyes1 we look forward to going "home", our fav resort (other than the MK view tower rooms @ the CR)

We've only visited the poly; while the grounds are lovely & the lobby beautiful; imo the main pool is very crowded & noisy; not our cup of tea. 'course, that's the great thing about WDW; a resort for every budget & taste.

One of the things we luv best about the WL is that it's rather majestic:cloud9: just seems calming after a long day in the parks and I swear it's cooler in the summer too;)

All of the WDW resorts we've visited have their own special charm & inherent vibe/themeing; nice to switch things up for repeat visitors.:thumbsup2 However, if you visit any resort-anywhere;with the attitude that you are cheating yourself somehow; i doubt you will enjoy yourself.

I haven't stayed at the Poly, so I can't really compare it.

But we just got back from the Lodge, and we really liked it.

The courtyard is beautiful, with a waterfall, and the walkways passing through the rock formations. The gyser goes off every hour. The beach has a little playground for the kids. The pool has a really nice slide.

Our stay in May 2007 was truly wonderful. I love the whole atmosphere of the resort. The main pool was pretty busy and we chose to use the Hidden Springs pool most of the time which we really enjoyed. The pool bar is great, the beach area is very nice, and we loved the boat transportation over to the Magic Kingdom.

The rooms are nice and we loved the flat screen LG tv in the room. We had a patio room and it was very convenient to the pool area and just a short walk to the lobby. We loved the Poly but the WL was just as wonderful!

We stayed at the WL in April 07 and loved it!!! My boys loved it too 14 &16 Yrs old). I cannot say one negative comment about the hotel. Enjoy!!!

1st let me say I have not stayed at either resort. We are staying at WL 3/15-3/22 so I can post an update later :thumbsup2. However, a couple years ago several members of my family stayed at the Poly & we went to visit. The lobby & grounds are beautiful. The pool looked great & they all loved it. The rooms were not that great IMO. The hallways were dark & all the rooms I visited (3 separate rooms on different floors) all seemed to have a musty smell to them. It was a couple years ago so they may have fixed that problem, but I wouldn't stay there for that reason alone. Hope you have a great trip. pixiedust:

P.S. Your wedding pic. is lovely! :lovestruc

We stayed at the WL in '06, & the Poly in '07. We preferred the WL much more than the Poly - more remote, more relaxed and more relaxing! We were headed back to the WL in '08, but got a nice code so we decided to try the GF. No code - we would happily return to the WL!

As far as my hubby and I are concerned, there is no place like the WL. Whenever we can afford it we choose it hands down. I know you would be equally pleased.

We have stayed at both WL and Poly and we will take the WL anyday! Poly is just way to crowded and noisy for us

WL has hot tubs, Poly does not....

WL is just the best resort on property.

Wl is great for a couple because it is a little bit quieter. I also love the hot tubs at night or my personal favourite being able to rent a bike and go over to Fort Wilderness which is just so much fun!

We've stayed in Poly, Beach Club, and WL..and WL is our favorite resort. Unless you have need for a 5th person..I would go with the WL. It is a much newer resort. While the Poly offers the monorail, that just isn't a priority for us. We very much enjoy taking the water launch to the MK..and even did that when we stayed in the Poly. Having to reach the grand ceromonial house..then up to the second level to get the monorail, doesn't scream convenience anyway. Being in the long houses at Poly you need to exit them and get to the Grand Ceremonial House. I like that the WL is basically one building and you do not HAVE to go outside your resort to reach the lobby, and your dining options. You can if you want..there are several levels you can actually exit on..but if wheather is bad, you can stay inside entirely and reach the lobby of the U shaped resort. We also like the dining options much better than the Poly. The WL is every bit a Deluxe resort as the Poly. It really depends more on which theme you enjoy. I think the service is better at the WL, where as at the Poly, it's been very hit or miss in my opinion. While it has loyal following, there have been times when they really miss the mark. You will not be dissapointed in the lodge.;)

We just got back from the WL a week ago. I loved everything about it. We paid for a woods view and were upgraded to inner courtyard. It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!