Please reassure me about Chef Mickey's

familydisney

Mouseketeer
Tried this morning at our 90 days to book Ohana breakfast for my DS birthday. After much deliberation, it was his choice for his meal but there was no availablility... I asked if there was any other character didning open and she said, in amazement, "I actually have something at Chef Mickeys!" I took it, even though it's EARLY, and thought we'd try again later. Now DS says he's happy with that ADR...something to do with being a 7 yr. old boy who doesn't care as much as I do!:lmao:
My problem is that I've never been interested in Chef Mickey's. Every time we go by there on the monorail, I feel like it reminds me of my middle school, open ceilings and not much in the way of walls. And it seems like a zoo. I know it is a coveted reservation, but I need someone to tell me why and get me excited to go there. Thanks in advance for calming my neurosis!;)

We absolutely love Chef Mickey's. Our kids get very excited every time we go there. I love the food and this year it will be our 4th time at the restaurant.
It is lots of fun for the kids. I really think your son will enjoy it.

I am not thrilled about it as I like the Wave better but DH and DS just love the fun at Chef Mickeys. They like the characters interaction and DH loves the food. I am sure you will be happy with your ADR.

We LOVED Chef Mickey's! There are so many food choices, and everything we had was delicious! The atmosphere is so much fun too, and it's a great place to see all of the main characters.

On the other hand, DS and I did not care for our breakfast at O'hana at all (dinner there was great, though). With the exception of the two delicious breads and the juice, the rest of our breakfast was IMO completely inedible - and I am not a picky eater. Everything was very oversalted. We ended up asking for more bread and filling up on that - not the best value at $20/pp.

I think you are MUCH better off with Chef Mickey's! :goodvibes

I know this is really going to sound simple, but my daughter loved the cereal dispensers they had (last time we went was 2006). She has a limited diet due to food allergies, so anything they can do make it different is fun for her.

They have plenty of Mickey waffles, breakfast meats, lots of pastries, and I think I remember scrambled eggs also. They have such a wide variety of foods, and the character interaction was really great. I think you'll enjoy it. It can feel a little chaotic at times, but the it doesn't really feel overwhelming.

I really enjoy Chef Mickeys. I've been there two or three times, and have ADR's for my upcoming trip this August. While it usually is a packed house reservation wise, I never felt claustrophobic like there were too many people and that it was a zoo-esque atmosphere of kids jumping around all over the place (And i'm a middle school teacher, so I AM familiar with that feeling :scared1:)

It really is a very lively character dinner and the buffet is not ultimate top notch dining, but it's still very good. I could make an entire meal out of the mashed potatoes alone and be a happy camper. The characters come around to each table, and while they may not be there for a very long time, when you look back at pictures you'll remember your interaction and it will be plenty. Plus, they make their presence known throughout your meal when the napkin swinging party hoopla occur every once in a while. I really think your DS (and also you!!) will have a great time :)

Ha, I see now you said breakfast. Well, no mashed potatoes during breakfast unfortunately. Sorry to taunt you with the yummy goodness!!!

We did both Ohana and Chef Mickey's in January. We definitely liked Ohana better; it was calmer and much more personal. The character interaction was more relaxed and I didn't feel they were trying get "just get through with us". However Chef Mickey's really was great as well! We could see how it would appeal to younger children, especially with the dessert bar. Both are great places and I think your children would love either! For an adult however, Ohana's character breakfast wins hands down.

We have been to both Ohana and Chef M's. While we like CM's we loved Ohana. We preferred having our meal served to the table and the character interaction was totally different (better). The food was fantastic but it is pretty hard to wreck eggs. They have amazing pineapple bread and the fruit platter was really fresh and tastey. Atmopsphere wise it is very laid back. Ohana is more of 'the total package'....IMO.

I've never dined at Ohana's for breakfast, but DF & I did Chef Mickey's for Breakfast last August and we both loved it! (We are ages 25 & 29) We didn't feel like it was the school like atmosphere you described, we also don't have kids, but we don't shy from kid friendly restaurants either, the two of us eat at Character meals each time we go to Disney.

I didn't think the food was nothing to go nuts over, but I remember DF & I went up for thirdsies if that helps you any. What I do remember it being was alot of fun!

Another note for you - my Sister is 34 with a 14 & 4 year old, they last went to Disney in 2006. Give me a second to describe my sister - she isn't the DISboard, read all the fansites, plan out my trip with spreadsheets, and make my ADR's at the 90 day mark type of person. She thinks she is just going to be able to walk-in to restuarants this August for my wedding trip without making ADR's:sad2: (I have alot of work to do!) That being said when I started to talk about restaurants, She mentions 'Chef Mickey's! I absolutely love that place' --- so hopefully that says something for ya:thumbsup2

honestly, i cant say much to get you excited to go there...BUT, the atmosphere is great, and my kids ALWAYS love it. DD6 ALWAYS asks us when we're taking her back (and we say NEVER)...lol. We've never, EVER had a good meal there. I'm sooo much happier with Crystal Palace. =)

Looking down into it is a lot different than being in it. We really enjoyed our dinner there. The food was good, the desserts great, and the characters were fun. I've nevver had breakfast there, but I doubt you can go wrong.

We had breakfast at CM last year. It was so good. Lots of choices and we saw the characters quite a bit as we sat right by the kitchen.

On my previous trips I did CM for dinner each time. I couldn't get a dinner with the free dining so I took breakfast.

Chef Mickey's is an experience that you will never forget because it's got a great atmopshere, the fab 5 characters and everyone says their breakfast items are amazing.

I have been trying to get in to Chef mickey's for 3 months now!:scared1: I think I tried last 2 days ago. I think it is time to give up!!:rotfl:

We loved Chef Mickey's last year and hope to go back this year. The atmosphere is great (loud but exciting). It's cool when they all start twirling their napkins in the air. The food selection is really good (I loved the peanut butter and jelly pizza). DS just had a blast (like most kids he fed off of the energy). So, I say just try it....you might like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter