Please rate the terror factor of Splash Mountain

Terror Factor

• Total voters
My 3 year old son rode it 4 times on our last visit and he loved it! I'm also a ride chicken but I made myself try it and it was my absolute favorite ride!

I have never rode splash. I am a ride chicken. I have rode Maelstrom (loved it) and POC all the time. I rode BTMRR years ago and didn't like it at all. I screamed the whole time, it was so fast. I felt shaky after I got off of it. I really would love to ride splash. I would love to see the rest of the ride but am just scared of the big drop. It looks like such a great ride. I really want to ride it but am anxious about it.
i'm with you on btmrr. i rode it many many years ago when it first came out and it totally scared me. i think that's why i'm scared to ride splash. then i read about 3 year olds loving it and i feel so lame, lol!

Give Splash a chance! It is a great ride- the drop (which isn't nearly as scary as it looks) is a such small, small part of the whole experience. Don't forego an amazing 11 minutes of music, animatronics, and great story for maybe 3 seconds of a downhill slide. Be brave! You won't regret it.

No lifting out of the seat on splash.

I find splash to be a good bit more intense than Kali, and BTMRR.

Kali, there is absolutely no fear factor. BTMRR is exciting, but not scary. Splash, on the other hand, scares the bejeezus out of me. DS11 makes me ride it with him every year, it never gets any better lol.

i'm with you on btmrr. i rode it many many years ago when it first came out and it totally scared me. i think that's why i'm scared to ride splash. then i read about 3 year olds loving it and i feel so lame, lol!
It's really not that bad. I don't usually ride any amusement park rides, I get motion sick VERY easily! The drop is just enough to be a thrill, it's not straight down, I read somewhere it's a 45 degree angle. The first time I rode it, going up to the drop, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack! I was SO glad I tried it though! I rode it 6 times total that trip I think. I was determined to push myself. I was in Disney and I wanted to really experience it, not come home saying "I wish I would have tried that!". The drop only lasts seconds, it about a 50 foot drop. Totally worth trying once! Now Space Mountain or TOT? You couldn't pay me to try those! :P

first of all, I went into this ride worrying about several things.
1. is it too fast
2. is it too scary
3. and for me, is it too loud!
Actually, I pretty much love this ride! I tend to wear ear plugs when I ride a ride with a lot of loud noises so the noise factor was nothing. The only part that bothers me is when you go over that little fast shoot inside the ride...silly I know. I absolutely LOVE the drop! SO MUCH FUN!

first of all, I went into this ride worrying about several things.
1. is it too fast
2. is it too scary
3. and for me, is it too loud!
Actually, I pretty much love this ride! I tend to wear ear plugs when I ride a ride with a lot of loud noises so the noise factor was nothing. The only part that bothers me is when you go over that little fast shoot inside the ride...silly I know. I absolutely LOVE the drop! SO MUCH FUN!
ok, what's the little fast shoot inside the ride??

I will say that the drop is pretty quick. It's like sledding down a hill, in my opinion. But yes, the ride is okay for plus-size people!

The first time is scary because of the anticipation. After that, I worry more about getting my hair wet. ;-)

SM is similar to other flume-type rides - in terms of hills/drops (everything else is disney awesome!) Fear of SM is relative as my DS taught me. In the summer of 2013 when he was 6 he LOVED SM. We got off the ride and a CM gave him an extra ride in the form of a FP (I think because he was squealing and giggling and laughing). We rode right away and when we got off the same CM was there with ANOTHER FP!!! DS was beside himself with joy! One of my favorite Disney memories.

Our next trip was Nov 2014 and I planned for several FP+ for SM because I knew DS would want to ride it many times. Boy was I wrong!!! He was terrified of it and we wound up switching all but one of the FP+ to other things.... Go figure....

I was reading a thread comparing SM to 7DMT because I'd been wondering about SM specifically. I hate drops. Love coasters, upside down, fast, curvy, and huge drops in coasters are FINE, but King's Island's Drop Zone (now called Drop Tower, I believe) was the most terrifying ride I've ever been on. I don't know if it revealed my intense dislike or caused it. I know Splash isn't the same, but it's also not like a coaster exactly. I read some others are with me and are just not into it and some haven't been on it at all. I need to know if it a) feels like you might fall out and b) is just a long, sickening drop like the earth fell out from beneath you or is more like a steep/very steep glide. I was hesitant to try TOT, but I did and I loved it. Was nothing like I expected. I felt protected b/c of being enclosed in a "box". Not like Drop Zone where we were very high, exposed, and had to wait a long minute hanging out in the sky, pondering our immediate demise. The drop was actually a relief compared to that. Also, we have some first-timers going with us who really want to try this. Is it suitable for a plus sized person?

Just don't ride in the very front or back seat, and you'll be fine. There is only one major drop, and it's not extremely high- it's a far cry from Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror.

The physics-Splash Mountain is deceptive. It looks like a free-fall drop of maybe, what, 50 feet? Even the wimpiest of us should be able to tolerate it. But the track under you drops out first, and then pushes you forward at a higher g-force than you would go if you just went down on your on forces. This is what causes that lift sensation and butterflies-in-stomach feeling. Some people find this thrilling and exciting. Some of us associate it with the doom of being pushed out of a 100th story window. I recently went on it again with my husband. We are both "doom" types. The photo was priceless. A few rows of charming families grinning with their hands in the air. Hubby and me in the front looking like we are taking cover. We both love Big Thunder, however!

The physics-Splash Mountain is deceptive. It looks like a free-fall drop of maybe, what, 50 feet? Even the wimpiest of us should be able to tolerate it. But the track under you drops out first, and then pushes you forward at a higher g-force than you would go if you just went down on your on forces. This is what causes that lift sensation and butterflies-in-stomach feeling. Some people find this thrilling and exciting. Some of us associate it with the doom of being pushed out of a 100th story window. I recently went on it again with my husband. We are both "doom" types. The photo was priceless. A few rows of charming families grinning with their hands in the air. Hubby and me in the front looking like we are taking cover. We both love Big Thunder, however!

Funny that's how my DH always looks in the pictures-eyes closed tight, teeth clinched, and it looks like he's trying to duck. He loves the ride though so not sure why he does that, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter