Please post pictures of your Animal Kingdom Pool View Room

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by catigger, Sep 1, 2013.

1. catigger

catigger Mouseketeer

I have seen lots of pictures of the Savannah view rooms but not many of the pool view. Would like to know what to expect if I were to request a pool view room. If you could also post room number it would be most appreciated. And suggestions on room locations for the best view of the pool.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

I may not be one you want to respond .... we booked pool view after having a savanna view, but this trip was not in budget. We wasted our money, should have booked standard. We had to lean out and look right to see a piece of pool through the trees. We came to conclusion that pool view doesn't mean view but a side of the building. Our view was of the roofs of the restaurants. It was loud - so we never used balcony. It was an upper floor close to the lobby, I don't know room number. I can't imagine being those rooms to left looking down on that brown part of the roof. I guess maybe request away from lobby. PS I do love AKL !

[​IMG]

4. catigger

catigger Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting. That certainly looks like a standard view.

5. MinnieSummer

MinnieSummer DIS Veteran

6. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Yes, she asked for a pool side room view and I said we were on the pool side of the building and that is the roof of the restaurant and walkways. The pool was not visible to us from our balcony seats, only the roofs. We had to lean over the rail and look right - which meant also meant we were looking into our neighbors balcony - and we could see a small piece of pool through the trees.

It was very loud because that is where everyone was walking in and out, plus the outdoor seating for Mara was there. It was not a desirable place to sit because of the noise and we had no view. I have looked at current rates and see there is not much difference between the two options but when we stayed there (it was years ago) it priced out that the Pool View was substantially higher, closer to a $50 difference. If I wasn't going to use the balcony in either category, I could use the money instead.

I posted my room view so that the OP can hopefully avoid a room like this if they were hoping for a nice view.

7. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

I don't have a picture of my supposed pool view room. It was actually overlooking a hot tub where a couple was making out.

After seeing that, I closed my curtains and decided not to open them again that short trip (it was just a long weekend).
    The room was fairly cheap for AKL since it was AP discount but if I'd been staying longer and wanted an actual pool view - I'd have asked to be moved.