please pick best and worst out of these restaurants

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by newfiegirl, May 30, 2009.

1. newfiegirl

newfiegirl Hello Mickey!

planet Hollywood
    crystal palace
    chef mickey
    Tusker
    Hollywood and vine
    tonys town square
    captains grille

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Carmell226

Carmell226 Mouseketeer

planet Hollywood-not good, same food you can get at your typical chain
    crystal palace-aweome, a must do for us everytrip for breakfast
    chef mickey-it is all about the atmosphere and characters here, if you are going for the food I would skip it
    Tusker-we had really good food here but it was really crowded and the characters were running around like crazy trying to get to each table, I would try it for lunch or dinner

4. Mickey_Man

Mickey_Man DIS Veteran

GOOD
    Crystal Palace for food and Characters
    Chef Mickeys for characters
    Tusker (on rumor- never been) for food

BAD
    H&V for food (and little einstein scares me)
    Chef Mickeys for food (although rumors are it has gotten better)
    Planet Hollywood - don't get me started

OK
    Tony's - our experience- not as bad as people rate it. Not great though.
    Cptn Grille - not great service, but the food is pretty good

5. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Comments in red. H&V is one of two or three Disney restaurants that we will never step foot in again. Horrible service, horrible food.

6. rkwctw

rkwctw Mouseketeer

I agree with everyone. Planet Hollywood is the last place I would eat at. Even with the coupons you get when you book with Disney, I would still not eat at PH.

7. hill6

hill6 DIS Veteran

We were just there May 10-17. Did lunch at Tonys and Dinner at Planet Hollywood on the same day. Both were great. No complaints. Would return to both without question.

I am in the process of writing a dining review and have them both posted already.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2181254

8. eeyoregon

eeyoregon I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Best: Captains Grille

Worst: Planet Hollywood

9. Cookie Princess

Cookie Princess DIS Veteran

We actually enjoy Planet Hollywood, but we are big movie buffs and love the surroundings. We like the food too.

As far as BAD - H&V....YUCKY food!!

10. VegasMike21

VegasMike21 <font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the

Top 3 out of that group

1. Tusker House
    2. Chef Mickey's
    3. Crystal Palace

I would stay away from Hollywood and Vine at all costs. I've read mostly negatives about the food there.

11. tami82

tami82 DIS Veteran

i would take some of the opinions with a grain of salt. What one person hates another one loves. I too like Planet Hollywood (maybe not to eat at Disney since there are so many other new choices)

12. VegasMike21

VegasMike21 <font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the

Very true, I ate at Planet Hollywood and it too was pretty good. It just depends on what type of food/atmosphere you like.

13. buckirj1

buckirj1 DIS Veteran

In order of best to worst:
    Tusker House (lunch only--breakfast and dinner are b-central)
    Tony's (wonderful atmosphere and good food)
    Captain's Grill (very restful)
    Planet Hollywood (the most "adult" atmosphere of the choices)
    Hollywood and Vine (I don't think it's as bad as everyone says, but I rarely go to DHS)
    Crystal Palace (bump that up if you don't mind kids, parents, and general chaos. The food's fine)
    Chef Mickey's (like an icepick to the brain, do it at the risk of your sanity)

14. swanwed6206

swanwed6206 DIS Vet

For what it's worth:

planet Hollywood - We have been a couple times. Food is average and it it usually crazy busy there. We (DW and I) were seated one time upstairs in the middle and it was so loud we couldn't even hear each other - we asked to change tables and were given a better one. Rank in this group 6/6)

crystal palace - this is pretty much a can't miss for us. Even though DS is now 14 he still enjoys it. We have been for all meals and each is superb (it is a buffet with Pooh characters). The atmosphere is great because you are smack-dab in the middle of MK - full of Disney magic. (I guess the Disney magic thing is contingent on whether you subscribe to that!) Rank in this group 1/6)

chef mickey - Have been to the breakfast and I liked it a lot. We have never been to other meals but have heard the food is just ho-hum for those. My DS (12 at the time) and my DN (9 at the time) absolutely loved it. The food selection at the buffet was great for them (read: lots of sugary items). The food selection for adults was good too - it was a typical Disney buffet. Rank in the group 3/6.

Tusker - Been once for breakfast. Typical Disney buffet. If you do breakfast here (or any park restaurant for that matter) try to get a ressie before 9 (park opening) - it is fun to walk through the park all by yourself without the hustle and bustle of the crowd. I seem to remember the price being a little high but I think that was due to the increased season. Rank in this group 4/6.

Hollywood and vine - Been for Fantasmic! package. This was just OK for me. I think the buffet is more eclectic than the norm. We had a glass breaking incident here - so bad memories! Rank in this group 5/6.

tonys town square - Loved it! Order off the menu place which is refreshing in this list! I was very happy with the food and in light of all the bad reviews Tony's gets I was pleasantly surprised. My DW was not completely happy with her meal however and the service was so-so. Rank in this group 2/6.

captains grille - never been - did not rank.

HTH!:thumbsup2

15. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

planet Hollywood Not impressed with the menu, food is nothing to get excited about

crystal palace Love breakfast, dinner is ok but the foods are very very salty

chef mickey Love breakfast, dinner is terrible

Tusker Will be trying breakfast next Sunday, I hear the food is very good

Hollywood and vine Went here for dinner, there service and the food was the worst we ever had, will never go back

tonys town square Been for lunch and dinner, liked it very much...DH loved the calamari and requested dinner here for our trip next week.

captains grille

16. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

17. alirwalsh4

alirwalsh4 Mouseketeer

Never eatten at H & V. But if you are on the meal plan isn't it 2 Table services? Sounds pretty bad on this thread???? What is it that is so bad? Sevrice, food, both, everything?

18. newfiegirl

newfiegirl Hello Mickey!

no it's 1 ticket (i hope)

19. DisneyBunny15

DisneyBunny15 Mouseketeer

-never been

20. devonsmommy

devonsmommy DIS Veteran

planet Hollywood--ate there last September---HORRIBLE!
    crystal palace--we loved the food here for dinner
    chef mickey--haven't tried
    Tusker--haven't tried
    Hollywood and vine--haven't tried
    tonys town square--haven't tried
    captains grille--haven't tried

21. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

It's one credit per person. On both of our visits (wish we had stopped after the first time), it was rude hostess, bad service (took 20 minutes to get drinks, tables never cleared of dishes, waited another 20 minutes for bill); food was mediocre at best...and that's when there was food...there were often empty bins, the food was lukewarm, etc. The restaurant was filthy--garbage on the floor under the tables, sticky tables, etc.