Please pay attention!

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I just made a huge goof, so I want to remind others to please watch what you are doing when booking your flights.

The flights I have been keeping my eye on just dropped to $140 round trip, so thrilled, I tried to book them. The first time thru, my computer hiccuped, and poof! My almost done reservation was gone. So I tried a second time. And somehow ended up booking a flight that was not the one I wanted.

I swear, I triple-checked before I hit the accept button.:headache: So I called Delta, and after a few minutes the agent said she would just change me to the flight I meant to book, as it was cheaper anyway. But half an hour later, and I am still looking for the e-mail she said she would send, confirming the change.:eek:

Hopefully everything is going to be ok. But I just wanted to send this warning out to all of you Please pay attention to what you are doing when you are booking your airfare!

This was on Delta, btw.

I just made a huge goof, so I want to remind others to please watch what you are doing when booking your flights.

The flights I have been keeping my eye on just dropped to $140 round trip, so thrilled, I tried to book them. The first time thru, my computer hiccuped, and poof! My almost done reservation was gone. So I tried a second time. And somehow ended up booking a flight that was not the one I wanted.

I swear, I triple-checked before I hit the accept button.:headache: So I called Delta, and after a few minutes the agent said she would just change me to the flight I meant to book, as it was cheaper anyway. But half an hour later, and I am still looking for the e-mail she said she would send, confirming the change.:eek:

Hopefully everything is going to be ok. But I just wanted to send this warning out to all of you Please pay attention to what you are doing when you are booking your airfare!

This was on Delta, btw.

Very good advice. I believe most airlines give you 24 hours to fix any mistakes at no cost, but it's no doubt best to get it right the first time.

I once had our return flights cancelled on us (United) and was given horrible flights and times home. I called while having the available flights brought up on my laptop. She simply said, "tell me what you'd like" and she booked it right there at no extra cost, even though the new flights were more expensive.:)

I hope it works out for you!

I book our flights as one way rather than r/t and once booked phi to mco - fine for the outbound but I also booked phi to mco for the return - not so fine :( Luckily it was SWA and the rep fixed it immediately - and with no change fees it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

So don't feel bad, as you are not alone and I now double and triple check my info before I submit.

xx fingers your flights get fixed.....

I've heard the same kind of story on Cruise Critic a number of times! Once I booked a family trip from Orlando, forgetting my son would be at USF in Tampa. I called within a couple hours of booking and the airline changed his departure city with no problem.

I've heard the same kind of story on Cruise Critic a number of times! Once I booked a family trip from Orlando, forgetting my son would be at USF in Tampa. I called within a couple hours of booking and the airline changed his departure city with no problem.

Very good advice :thumbsup2 This is esp. important for those of us who only travel for leisure. When the price drops:banana::banana: we just get so excited and click those buttons, Lord only knows what we buy:rolleyes1

If she gave you a Delta confirmation # you can go to Delta website and look up that # and see what it give you for your flight information.:surfweb:

If she gave you a Delta confirmation # you can go to Delta website and look up that # and see what it give you for your flight information.:surfweb:

Thanks for this! I went and checked and sure enough, it has been changed to the flight I meant to book!:banana:

I still can hardly believe that I got round trip from Grand Rapids to Orlando for only $140!:dance3: Yipee!!!

Yes, been there, done that! Booked the wrong date, but I called Delta and they fixed it up quick!

Hint: Before starting to book your tickets write down on paper the flight number, day of week, month, date, year, time, AM/PM for each flight and flight segment.

I hope it works out for you!

I book our flights as one way rather than r/t and once booked phi to mco - fine for the outbound but I also booked phi to mco for the return - not so fine :( Luckily it was SWA and the rep fixed it immediately - and with no change fees it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I did the same thing before, but I didn't know it until we got to the airport to check our bags. :eek: I used my non-smart phone with internet access to check in the day before, and I wondered why I was having trouble (because I was checking in too early - in my head I knew what my flight time was supposed to be, but it was really slightly later...once it went through, I didn't even see anything other than my boarding numbers, then immediately logged off and went bag to enjoying dinner at Rose & Crown.

Thankfully the counter agent took pity on me and made some phone calls and got the higher fare waved - that mistake could have very well cost me over $900. :eek:

And BTW, once we were switched to the new flight (and got the last 3 seats), I had a high B number somehow and DH and DS (6 at the time) got high Cs. We all boarded according to number and I was still able to sit with my son.

Now I OBSESSIVELY check what I'm booking. I don't ever want to have a scare like that over such an avoidable mistake.

I've always been slightly OCD about buying things online (esp airfare) to make sure the order is right.

I'm going to show DW this thread. Maybe now she'll think my OCD is a GOOD thing. :upsidedow

Hint: Before starting to book your tickets write down on paper the flight number, day of week, month, date, year, time, AM/PM for each flight and flight segment.

And as you click on each thing, read it out loud (even if only to yourself) and highlight each part that you have written down.

Not that I do that or anything....:upsidedow

Thanks for this! I went and checked and sure enough, it has been changed to the flight I meant to book!:banana:

I still can hardly believe that I got round trip from Grand Rapids to Orlando for only $140!:dance3: Yipee!!!

HOLY HANNAH!!! What a terrific airfare!!! I am SO jealous (even though this does me no good at all as I am in Bangor, ME!!) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Three Cheers for you!!

Great advice but by the time I actually book my flights, I have "checked" them so many times I could do it in my sleep!

Congrats to the OP on your great fare!:)

We always travel to Florida during President's week. I have to purchase my airline tickets 6-9 months before our trip due to demand. A few years back I did this only to find out that for the upcoming year, President's week had shifted on the calendar so my flights were for the wrong week!!! Double check your holiday calendars as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter