Please make me feel better re: WL

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mcgill93, Jun 10, 2008.

1. mcgill93

mcgill93 Mouseketeer

I made the mistake of reading the reviews of WL on Trip Advisor and now I am questioning my choice. I have only ever stayed at POR before (2 times) and loved it, but we chose WL this time for our early December vacation. Is it really as dirty, loud and horrible as the reviewers at Trip Advisor make it seem? Help!:(

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

I've stayed there several times and there has never been a problem. Also, I wouldn't read too much into some reviews because some people are never happy no matter what.

4. Ratpack

Ratpack WL VET DVC Gold

WL is our absolute favorite place to stay. After all the visits we have made, I find it hard to see how anyone could say it was dirty, loud or horrible. If you are a light sleeper, there are areas that could be considered loud such as right off the lobby or over the service area, but as a whole, I believe WL to be a quiet place. As for dirty, there could have been a housekeeping issue for someone or their expectations too high. After all, it is still a hotel, just with a Disney name and theme.

I may have to go check trip advisor to see what was said. It is my experience that mostly bad reviews get posted on those sights. When we have great experience we tend not to go to a website and report them, but if we have a bad one, we want to tell everyone.

5. MollyMoo

MollyMoo Mouseketeer

My goodness!! Can you really imagine a truly dirty Disney resort?!? WL is a great resort and try not to take reviews from anywhere too much to heart. Everyone's expectations are different and some people will never be satisfied. Have a great trip ... and quit reading reviews!

6. s&k'smom

s&k'smom <font color=blue>I really do have to get a life!<b

We stayed at WL a number of times before we discovered GF but I have to say each time was awesome. Friendly, clean and what ambiance. Go and enjoy. Oh and the best part, at night coming back from MK on the boat when it's dark and seeing the lights as you head for the dock. It's wonderful.

7. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

We stayed there for our 10 year anniversary in Dec 2006 and it was unbelievable...we loved it from the minute we pulled up to the valet and they said "WELCOME HOME!"

The decor is so gorgeous, there was balloons, chocolates and a anniversary card from Mickey and Minnie inside our room (which was immaculate).

I would go back in a heartbeat!

8. Thumper4me

Thumper4me Planning my next trip

You won't be sorry!! You have picked a wonderful time of the year to stay at WL. The Christmas decorations in this resort are amazing!! I LOVE this resort during the winter time. :love:

Kelly

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The WL is our second favorite resort (running a close second to the Poly) and we have never had a bad stay. We have stayed there twice and are booked for our third stay in December; which, by the way, is the BEST time to be at the WL because of all the awesome Christmas decorations :santa:. In my opinion, the WL beats out all the other resorts when it comes to the holidays :cutie:. The WL is a beautiul resort and I don't think you will have any regrets once you get there. I have to say I agree with gomagic.....some people are just never happy no matter what, so I wouldn't put too much on the reviews you saw. Here's to a fabulous trip at the WL and being in Disney during the holiday season pixiedust:.

10. bolgers love wdw

bolgers love wdw Wilderness Lodge Nuts :)

We love the WL!!! We have stayed there 8 times now in the past 4 years and have never had a bad stay. MY DH and his family have only ever stayed at the Poly (60 stays and counting since 1972!!) But when it came time for our honeymoon, I wanted to try something else, so we chose the WL. Well, after that trip my DH does not want to stay anywhere else. The lobby is breathtaking. I could sit in one of those comfy chairs all day long and just soak eveything all in from the music, the happeinings from WCC, and the bubbling brook!!!:cloud9:
    I also want to add that the WL in December is absolutely beautiful with all the Christmas decorations!!! :thumbsup2
    Just go and have a great trip and don't worry about somebody's review.

11. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

My family and I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge a few times and each time it was very good, so you should have nothing to worry about.

12. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

WL - sit it the lobby and take in the great red wood toten poles. Walk around the resort and look for animal tracks and geyzer.

The rooms are very nice. We did not have a problem. Refrigertor was a plus, so were the bunk beds.

The ambience of the resort is wonderful. Boat to MK is very relaxing with your coffee on your way in the early AM. We even saw MK fireworks from Bay Lake on the boat on the way back from MK one evening.

You will enjoy WL.

Here is a link to WL reviews:
    http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=24&sort=8&cat=3&page=1

13. Cindy's Mom

Cindy's Mom DIS Veteran

I'm beginning to hate trip advisor. You will LOVE WL. I'm am the furthest you can probably get from a Wilderness kinda gal....dh has wanted to stay there, so we did (you have to give in sometimes you know:rotfl2: ) Anyway, I LOVED the place and everything about it.

Go and enjoy. :goodvibes

14. WildernessBride

WildernessBride "Better than a thousand hollow words is one word t

I have been to WL many times...in fact I was married there back in 1998!! I love the Lodge and I never found it to be dirty or too loud....I think it's wonderful!!! We are returning for 10 nights soon to celebrate our 10th Anniversary and we are excited to be back "home." It really is a great resort and I am sure you will have a wonderful time! Have a great trip!

15. terri01p

terri01p DIS Veteran

Hotel reviews are so subjective, sometimes it doesn't always have to do with how nice a place is, sometimes if the OP hasn't had a good time it reflects back on the hotel being crappy.

Case in point : I was at 1900 Park fare waiting for my buzzer to go off so we could be seated for a supper reservations and a family was going around filming their stay at the GF, they stopped close by me and and the lady said into the camera " the lobby area is a mess " and she filmed a half empty coke bottle and a newspaper sitting on a chair, 5 seconds later the owner reappeared claimed his paper and coke and went to be seated for supper.

So basically not all of the time is it bad, now there are times whenever people have gotten a dirty room etc so I'm not saying every complaint is false, but I would say most of the time the resorts are beautiful and it's in the eyes of the beholder.

16. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

In my opinion WL is the BEST resort to stay at during the holidays!!! The lobby is absolutely beautiful with the fireplace and gorgous tree. We stayed at WL once in December and once during the summer and both times were perfect. You'll hear good and bad about every Disney (and all other brands) resorts. You'll have a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

17. eliza61

eliza61 http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/images

Please remember to take all reviews with a grain of salt. I willing to bet for every negative one you will get a resounding 10 glowing reports. I've never, ever had a dirty room at the WL. Not sure what they meant by loud. If you go to the lobby in the middle of a July day, sure I guess it may be loud with people going back and forth to the pool. I've never had a problem with loud guest in the hallways or the rooms.

We love WL and try to stay there as often as possible.

What reviews were you reading the first 10 were pretty good. Didn't read any further.

18. SpaceGirl

SpaceGirl DIS Veteran

Why do you need to feel better about staying at Wilderness Lodge?

Trip Advisor has it ranked # 16 out of 293 resorts in the area. The only Disney Resort even in the top 25 resorts.

The Lodge has also recieved the 2008 Travelers Choice Award-Best for Families.

The # 1 ranked resort Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive only had 130 reviews...The Lodge has 486 reviews with most being the highest ratings. :confused3 Sorry I just don't see why you're worried.

19. kaysmommie

kaysmommie DIS Veteran

WL is not dirty or loud. I think it's the cleanest resort we have stayed in at Disney. Our housekeeping was fantastic :thumbsup2 . I think almost every disney resort has a few bad reviews in Trip advisor. WL has some of the best reviews as does Poly. With a few bad reviews thrown in here and there. Try not to worry I'm sure you will have a pleasant stay at WL.

20. Disney Ella

Disney Ella DIS Veteran

We stayed there last August and it wasn't dirty or loud at all. The WL has a beautiful setting and I think it is very peaceful. Yes, there's noise around the pool and at Whispering Canyon, but our room was very quiet. It was very nice going down to the beach at night to watch the water parade. The only thing I didn't like was the bus service.

21. Dodie

Dodie <font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font

The Wilderness Lodge is a Disney Deluxe Resort. It's beautiful, clean, and awe-inspiring. The Trip Advisor website is a haven for negative reports and negative people. People go there to COMPLAIN. Period. Grain of salt. Grain of salt.