Please leave your opinions on these restaurants. Any I should change or add??

mjrich73

100% CAJUN
Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Mama Melrose - Fantasmic
'Ohana
BlueZoo
Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern:yay:

Sorry that I only have one review, but its glowing! We did Hoop De Doo on your trip, and loooved it. We never would have thought to do it, but our travel agent at Mousketrips suggested it, so we decided to give it a go. We had so much fun! Even my usually shy hubby clapped and sang along! And I never could have believed that such mass-produced all-you-can-eat food would be so delicious for us foodies, but it was yummy! It remains one of the highlights of our trip (alongside our Segway Tour of World Showcase :), and I recommend it to anyone!

We are looking forward to trying Le Cellier, 'Ohana, and Coral Reef ourselves on our next trip. I don't think you can go wrong there--all the reviews are simply glowing.

For the record, we are two adults in our early 30's.

Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Mama Melrose - Fantasmic
'Ohana
BlueZoo
Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Le Cellier

Ok, I can help with a few of these.

Coral reef- Food was ok, but atmosphere made it worth it! This really is a beautiful restaurant. My kids were enthralled with the place. I had the crab cakes, which were so peppery they were inedible. DH had the steak, which he liked. My kids loved the "Make your own sundae" dessert. Overall, :thumbsup2

'Ohana....:love: My family's hands down favorite restaurant. The dinner is awesome! On our most recent trip, we also did the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. Breakfast is breakfast, what can I say. The character interaction was great. The dinner is a must do! So delicious!

Le Cellier...We ate here for the first time last week and it really is as good as everyone says! The steaks were perfect. Everything was so good, and the service was excellent.

Liberty Tree Tavern...haven't eaten here since Nov. 2003 but it looks like the menu is the same. This restaurant is very good, and I'm regretting not going there last week. Even my DH asked why we haven't been back there. It is served family style, as is 'Ohana, which I like so much better than buffets (with everyone breathing over and touching the food).

Hope this helps! Can't tell you anything about the others as we haven't eaten there (yet).

Some of our favorites are Kona, Mama Melrose, HDD and Wolfgang Puck.

Le Cellier was good, but I do feel its over rated.

Ohana lost points with us when they changed the menu. While it's still good, to me, it is now less good as I really loved the menu before the change.

I wouldn't refuse to go to either of these 2 but I wouldnt make it a point to eat there again either.

Coral Reef
Kona Cafe probably my favorite restuarant in the World. Love it for all three meals. Tonga toast rules. And the desserts yum, yum, yum.
Mama Melrose - Fantasmicdidn't do the package but loved this place, lamb, veal, salad, yum
'Ohanahaven't eaten here since the menu and characters changed.
BlueZoo
Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue
Wolfgang Puck CafeO M G, I can't decide if the sushi here or the sushi at CG is the best I've ever eaten, but either way, it ranks in the top two in my life. The food was just wonderful. Even the drinks were top notch.
Le Cellierthis has become a regular for me. Love the maple flavored filet. And the mussels.. YUM. and creme brulee. Yummy
O M G this is a :thumbsup2 each trip. This will start my trip in April.great meats, the salad so yummy, the dessert.. apple or cherry cobbler... YUM.

Character interaction at LTT is still some of the best we've ever experienced. The absolute best was CRT. LOved the characters at 'Ohanna's back when Mickey proposed to me....:love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm going to Coral Reef next month. I haven't been suffienctly frightened off yet...:lmao:

Kona was a disappointment on our trip this past Dec., It used to be pretty good. I would stick with Ohana, lecellier, and wolfgang puck though.

Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Mama Melrose - Fantasmic
'Ohana
BlueZoo
Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Le Cellier

Loved our lunch at CORAL REEF - desserts were beautiful and the restaurant is stunning.

We've done both lunch and dinner at KONA - food and service excellent!

We've enjoyed 'OHANA a few times for both dinner and the character breakfast, and loved it. However, we haven't been since they changed the menu, so can't comment on that.

HDDR - Did this once (as everyone should!) and that was enough for us. Not that it's bad, but it is pricey. Food is not the reason to do this, the show is funny-corny and if you're in the mood for it, you will really enjoy it!

LTT - we have lunch here. Food is always good. The portions are huge (plan on walking around MK for awhile before you go on any rides! LOL!). The desserts are awesome, and also huge.

We haven't tried the other places, but have an ADR for LeCellier for our next trip. I worry sometimes that when a restaurant is over-hyped, DIS members flock to it and inevitably the restuarant can't keep up, and service/food goes down.

Have a great trip!

It sounds like you already have a ton of great reviews but I will leave my three anyway! Our fav. restaurant hands down is Ohanas! The atmosphere and food is great..we are starting a tradition of going there our first now. We also time it with Wishes and request a window seat :) Our second fav TS is LTT! If you like "meat and potatoes" kinds of food you will enjoy it! It reminded me of a scaled down T-giving dinner...even the restaurant itself is cozy. The characters are great too! Last but not least...HDDR! Also a must for us!! I had a friend that used to run HDDR and was able to get us front row center seats!! It was a lot of fun and if you get past the cheesiness it's definetly entertaining...the food is good too. Hope that helps :goodvibes

Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Mama Melrose - Fantasmic
'Ohana
BlueZoo
Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Le Cellier

Coral Reef - beautiful restaurant, good food, if you like aquariums you'll love it there.

'Ohana - fun but very loud! Lots of games being played, usually a very busy restaurant. Food was good. I think we rolled out of there were were so stuffed!

Hoop - probably one of our favs. DD(4) had the best time. Very corny, very funny and very interactive cast. Food was good and we will return.

Le Cellier - good but extremely over rated. Restaurant is very small, very dark. Again the food was good but it wasn't WOW like I expected after reading the reviews.

Le Celliar was very good, great steak. Ohanas was my favorite, loved the wings and wonton chips. Some of the meats tasted flavorless though, but still good and very fun for the kids.

None of us like wolfgang Puck, we just didn't like the food selections.

Mama Melroses was o.k. comparable to Olive Garden. Keep in mind for Fantasmic they give you a lot of food and it is pricey. We didn't finish half the food, and didn't want to walk around with it:sad2:

We will be trying hoop de Doo next trip, hope it lives up to the hype!!

O'hana gets so many great reviews . . but. . . we ate here on our last trip and it was waaayyy too much meat. The only non-meat items I recall were the wontons, salad and veggies, all of which were just ok. We ate here our first night and while we enjoyed seeing Wishes from the window and the kids kind of enjoyed the games, we felt too full of meat for the next 24-48 hours!!! It's clearly not the restaurant for us.

I really wanted to go to Le Cellier but they are closed the week we are there....... so I chose Whispering Canyon instead!?!

We loved Coral Reef for the atmosphere and we had breakfast at Kona Cafe and the Tonga Toast is my favorite! :thumbsup2

Ohanas is great for breakfast if you are a stitch fan or the parent of a little stitch fan. It is quite fancy and very enjoyable for all 3 meals of the day.

The Wolf Gang Puck cafe and express area are two of my favorite spots in Downtown Disney. If they have the salmon on garlic mashed potatos with Asparagus broth on the menu when you go it is a must have. OMG is that good. I love poping in to the express section just for the Mac and Cheese. I think it is the main excitement at the express zone. Well I also love getting a bowl of mashed potatos and the creme brulee makes me smile. I go to the express part when I just need a little nibble or if there is a HUGE wait for the cafe.

Mama Melrose - Fantasmic

Although I would eat here again it is not among my favourites. We waited more than an hour past our ADR time despite booking an early meal (and had arrived 15 minutes early as requested). When I noticed that 4-5 groups who arrived after us had been seated I went up to the podium to confirm that they had us properly checked in. Even though I used a calm voice and phrased my question in terms of the possibility of a computer glitch I got a dirty look from the hostess. Then, when we were seated 20 minutes later I got a lecture from the other hostess about how I shouldn't bother the staff.

As for the food, it seemed average and the eggplant parmesan was rather small.

I'm not sure about the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg since I think it limits your options slightly.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Good food and a decent value in dtd. Actually, the only place I really like to eat in dtd. I've eaten at both locations and enjoyed them both.

Le Cellier

Among my favourites. Their salmon is the best I've had in the world.

Coral Reef - beautiful restaurant, good food, if you like aquariums you'll love it there.

'Ohana - fun but very loud! Lots of games being played, usually a very busy restaurant. Food was good. I think we rolled out of there were were so stuffed!

Hoop - probably one of our favs. DD(4) had the best time. Very corny, very funny and very interactive cast. Food was good and we will return.

Le Cellier - good but extremely over rated. Restaurant is very small, very dark. Again the food was good but it wasn't WOW like I expected after reading the reviews.

Quick question- is the restaurant always dark? I remember seeing pictures of the interior and it looked dark. However, we ate there recently and the restaurant was lit up like any other place.

Quick question- is the restaurant always dark? I remember seeing pictures of the interior and it looked dark. However, we ate there recently and the restaurant was lit up like any other place.

Assuming you are referring to Le Cellier....

On the night we were there, the lobby and waiting areas were very dark but the dining room was well lit.

O'hana's is our have to restaurant. We love it. Ask for a seat by the window with a view of the castle. If you check fireworks times before your adr you may be able to not only see the castle but view the fireworks during dinner.
pixiedust:

We have also enjoyed the Coral Reef. We thought the food was pretty good. Try the chocolate wave or the creme brulee, they are really good:thumbsup2 . If you have little ones under 10 they also normally have a kids special on top of the menu, like steak.

Hi there. Can only comment on the 3 I have been to:

Coral Reef: food average. Atmosphere spectacular!

Hoopdee doo: It's a must. Good food, Great show. Well worth it.

Liberty Tree: one of my favorite places. However, go for dinner instead of lunch. Dinner is a character dinner and food is served family style. "Home cooked" foods like ham, turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes. ect. If you go for lunch, menu is different and no characters

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter