Please help with Magicband questions!

pinoke

Mouseketeer
We have a split stay in Sept- Bay Lake, AKJ, and WLV. It looks like on my Disney Experience page it has a link for magicbands for the AK stay. I havent yet linked our tickets from Disney Youth...Should I do it for those days? Since its 3 consecutive ressies does that matter- can we get it for our whole trip? Does that mean fast pass + ??
Thanks!

I don't know anyone who has been able to link YES tickets yet for FP+ usage.

Your MBs won't do much until the resort stay they are active for. In your case, your middle stay.

You can only make as many FP+ reservations as you have days on tickets linked in your profile. So you might be able to forgo making FP+ reservations for a day while at AKV, and do it instead for your WLV stay, but it isn't 100% clear you can still use the MB after the AKV stay during testing (when fully rolled out, you should be able to use it for ANY stay). I believe some with APs have been able to book and utilize FP+ after their initial stays up to a point.

I don't know anyone who has been able to link YES tickets yet for FP+ usage.

Your MBs won't do much until the resort stay they are active for. In your case, your middle stay.

You can only make as many FP+ reservations as you have days on tickets linked in your profile. So you might be able to forgo making FP+ reservations for a day while at AKV, and do it instead for your WLV stay, but it isn't 100% clear you can still use the MB after the AKV stay during testing (when fully rolled out, you should be able to use it for ANY stay). I believe some with APs have been able to book and utilize FP+ after their initial stays up to a point.

We just did a triple split stay, with only the middle resort being a testing resort. Our resort reservations were linked in the system, and we were able to use the same bands as room keys, tickets (AP's), and for room charges at all three resorts. We had no problem reserving FP+'s for the testing resort or the one after that. We weren't able to reserve anything for the days at the first resort.

However, on the days before we checked in at the testing resort , we went to Guest Relations at both MK and AK, and were able to book same-day FP+'s for those parks from the FP+ kiosks at Guest Relations. The app and website still wouldn't let us make reservations, but we could at the kiosks.

As far as I know, YES tickets cannot be linked to either MB's or KTTW cards, but I called today and was told today by a CM that we will be able to link our YES tickets to our MB's when we check into our hotel. :confused3

We just did a triple split stay, with only the middle resort being a testing resort. Our resort reservations were linked in the system, and we were able to use the same bands as room keys, tickets (AP's), and for room charges at all three resorts. We had no problem reserving FP+'s for the testing resort or the one after that. We weren't able to reserve anything for the days at the first resort.

However, on the days before we checked in at the testing resort , we went to Guest Relations at both MK and AK, and were able to book same-day FP+'s for those parks from the FP+ kiosks at Guest Relations. The app and website still wouldn't let us make reservations, but we could at the kiosks.

Interesting, thanks for the update. A bit surprising that the MB worked as a room key at the other resorts.

As far as I know, YES tickets cannot be linked to either MB's or KTTW cards, but I called today and was told today by a CM that we will be able to link our YES tickets to our MB's when we check into our hotel. :confused3

But if you also can't link them in your MDX profile, you can't make FP+ selections in advance either.

doconeill said:
Interesting, thanks for the update. A bit surprising that the MB worked as a room key at the other resorts.

But if you also can't link them in your MDX profile, you can't make FP+ selections in advance either.

I have an MB from my AKL trip. Going back for NOJ and staying at WL. IT told me WL should be able to link my room to my band. I will report back what happens!

I have an MB from my AKL trip. Going back for NOJ and staying at WL. IT told me WL should be able to link my room to my band. I will report back what happens!

The only concern I'd have is them having been trained to do it by then. If they haven't been a test resort yet, they may not know the procedure yet.

I got an email today about the bands for the AK dates. I hope they come quickly! When I tried to do FP+ it said I couldn't unless one party member had a ressie for the date shown? :confused3 It doesn't seem to let me change the dates on the selection page- it just comes up for this week...
So~ I'm guessing that the other 2 resorts are not testing?
I got a different ( bar) code for YES today, but it wouldn't do it. It's encouraging to hear that we can maybe at GR when we arrive.
How do I change the dates to show our arrival days?::confused3

Just a question on how they got the MB to work at your first resort? Did they set it up when you checked in? With the AP already linked it looks like they only had to add room key but I have apackage so would need tickets added also so that might change a lot of what they could do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter