Please help with Dole Whips

Going Broke

Mouseketeer
I am forever hearing on these boards that Dole Whips are excellent. So, with much anticipation on my last trip, I scoped out the only apparent Dole Whip stand in MK and ran right up to place my order. "I'll have a Dole Whip please." What?? Dole Whip is only a flavor of ice cream? Was there a particular Dole Whip treat that I was supposed to enjoy. Please let me know for next time!

I would like to know too because I have never had one and am looking forward to trying them. I never thought they were just a flavor of icecream. :confused3

Last time we were there, the dole whips were chocolate, vanilla, and pineapple flavored ice cream. The real treats are the dole whip floats, which has pineapple ice cream over pineapple juice. To answer your question- dole whip is basically another name for soft serve ice cream.

Just as you enter Adventureland, Aloha Isle is on your right where you can purchase a Dole Whip. Ah...so good I wish I had one now!

My favorite is with vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice, pineapple ice cream and pineapple juice is just a little too strong for me. Hope you enjoy yours! :earsgirl:

I am glad that you asked about this. I thought the Dole Whips were a kind of ice cream treat. So they are soft serve ice cream. When people here say they can't wait to have a Dole Whip, are they saying they want the float?

It's soft serve pineapple ice cream and it's great. I prefer the Dole floats but I love pineapple! We took my SIL who had a coughing attack from too much pineapple......needless to say they didn't like the Dole Whips.

Turkey Hill makes a pineapple upside down ice cream so good. O its not Disney but when Disney is 13 hours away its the next best thing and it is very good I was doing so well on the Diet too. Give this a try close your eyes and dream of Disney OOOOOOO!

My wife and I have always assumed the dole whips were the pineapple flavored ice cream float. Whatever they call it, the float is wonnnnnderrrrfull!!!

I remember in 2001 we got a soft serve swirl cone (pineapple and vanilla together). Do they still have that? That was great on a hot day! :goodvibes

I thought it was the float. After hearing how good they were on the board, I ordered one up when we passed by Aloha Isle in the park. It was yummy, I'm so bad, I'm bringing an airplane bottle of rum to add...now that wll be perfection! Especially at MSSCHP with tons of tired kids running around everywhere (two of them will be mine)!

Mmmm...Dole Whip! :love:

Yes, it's a very plain, simple snack. I guess you could even say it's "just" soft serve, although it's not really ice cream (Dole Whips are non-dairy). I think some people go in expecting something spectacular because so many of us love Dole Whips. If you're looking for a unique, elaborate dessert, then Dole Whips aren't for you. But, plain and simple as it is, nothing tastes better on a hot day touring the parks IMO.

My favorite is just the plain pineapple soft-serve in a cup - no floats for me. I also sometimes get the pineapple and vanilla swirled - yum!

Yep, just pineapple soft serve. We were not impressed, course we've been eating those "dole whips" at the State Fair for years and didn't realize it, LOL!

DH tried the float instead and he wasn't thrilled, either. He's a huge pineapple fan but would rather just have a glass of pineapple juice.

Dole is the brand name. "Whip" is the product. It's non-dairy soft serve ice cream that comes in pineapple, vanilla, chocolate and swirl.

This is the menu of Aloha Isle in Adventureland as of May 2005, copied and pasted from Deb's amazing site.

Dole Whip Soft Serve (pineapple, vanilla, chocolate, or swirl) - $2.79 available toppings: rainbow sprinkles

Pineapple Float - pineapple Dole Whip with pineapple juice $2.99

Coke or Root Beet Float with vanilla Dole Whip $2.99

Fresh Cut Pineapple Spear $1.49
Assorted Chips $2.39

Pineapple Juice $1.49
Orange Juice or Apple Juice $2.39
Milk or Nesquik Chocolate Milk $1.99
Hot Cocoa $1.69
Nescafe Coffee $1.69
Bottled Water $1.25 or $2.00
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, or Minute Maid Lemonade $1.99, $2.29

We love Dole whips....

I thought the pineapple flavor was soft serve sorbet and the other flavors were soft serve ice cream

Please don't tell me my favorite snack is fattening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter